Anything OBEY related

General art-related discussion.
nobokov
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:05 pm

Wassa Misfit? Tried watching a music video and had a pretty good laugh... :banana:
rikkirattoe
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:31 pm

Hippie wrote:Ahhh, damn. They've both sold out now. I guess everyone's collections are safe again.
Non-snarky reason would be that there probably aren't very many >35 year old Misfits fans, and this game is mostly made up of younglings.
Over 35 years old? They've been around since the late 70s. I'd say most of their fans are probably over 35 by now.

I'm 37 and a huge fan (no I don't need any of this Obey/Misfits collab crap so not gonna waste my time with any of these drops).
xangelx
Art Expert

Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:16 pm

soam24 wrote:
xangelx wrote:
Woo5lscott wrote:$1500 for a jacket :lol:
I went with the $90 jean jacket instead.
It's the Brooklyn way! :P
Ha! Just got refunded on the jacket. Oh well.
"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion
maddog76
Flipper

Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:29 pm

Anyone get refunded on the poster, asking for a friend.
KingOfNothing
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:02 pm

rikkirattoe wrote:
Hippie wrote:Ahhh, damn. They've both sold out now. I guess everyone's collections are safe again.
Non-snarky reason would be that there probably aren't very many >35 year old Misfits fans, and this game is mostly made up of younglings.
Over 35 years old? They've been around since the late 70s. I'd say most of their fans are probably over 35 by now.

I'm 37 and a huge fan (no I don't need any of this Obey/Misfits collab crap so not gonna waste my time with any of these drops).
He was talking about "under" 35 years old not over.

edit to add: and I'm over 40 and have been collecting prints since high school. Most of my friends are in the same age range and there are plenty who also collect prints, so his "younglings" comment couldn't be further from the truth.
NEVER FORGET Image 02/14/14
Je préfère mourir sur mes pieds que de vivre à genoux
fribhey
Art Expert

Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:02 pm

KingOfNothing wrote:
rikkirattoe wrote:

edit to add: and I'm over 40 and have been collecting prints since high school. Most of my friends are in the same age range and there are plenty who also collect prints, so his "younglings" comment couldn't be further from the truth.
yet he wrote there aren’t many fans greater than 35 year old... if you’re going to use <> signs then learn what they mean.
KingOfNothing
Art Connoisseur

Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:30 pm

fribhey wrote:
KingOfNothing wrote:
rikkirattoe wrote:

yet he wrote there aren’t many fans greater than 35 year old... if you’re going to use <> signs then learn what they mean.
Yeah, Hippie clearly should't be using the greater than/less than symbols here. He must have missed that step in grade school when they went over that topic. And we all know there aren't any Misfit fans under the age of 35.

Plus, talk about punks selling-out, last fall I saw Misfits shirts at TJ Maxx and Target. Just what the world needs, soccer moms buying their soccer husbands their punk rock t-shirts alongside the baby diaper aisle. Next stop Ramones and Joy Division t-shirts at JCPenney and Walmart. Obviously Shep is just "keeping it core" with this release.
NEVER FORGET Image 02/14/14
Je préfère mourir sur mes pieds que de vivre à genoux
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:14 pm

PEACE & JUSTICE SUMMIT PRINTS AVAIL. 04/26!

PEACE & JUSTICE SUMMIT. 18 x 24 inches. Screenprint on cream Speckle Tone paper. Signed by Shepard Fairey. Numbered edition of 500. $65. Available Thursday, April 26 at 10AM (PDT) on ObeyGiant.com. Limit 1 per person/household. Proceeds go to the Equal Justice Initiative. A portion of these prints will be available to purchase in person at The Concert for Peace & Justice as part of the EJI’s opening of the National Memorial for Peace and Justice and the Legacy Museum in Montgomery, Alabama on Friday, April 27th.

I'm not someone else.
chalkdust
Art Expert

Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:20 pm

pretty cool
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:20 pm

I like this but two other drops tomorrow at 10am....have to pass on something.... or do I :lol:
nimsu8
Art Expert

Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:21 pm

which 2?
Anonymous - "One of these days I'm going to type something clever or funny and it will end up as someone signature...one of these days"
nomdeguerre
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:31 pm

chevyav53 wrote:I like this but two other drops tomorrow at 10am....have to pass on something.... or do I :lol:
Don’t worry, you can buy them all with your bot while you’re in bed. Is that the kind of attention you’re looking for?
*hand censored by the magical m'faith
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:49 pm

nomdeguerre wrote:
chevyav53 wrote:I like this but two other drops tomorrow at 10am....have to pass on something.... or do I :lol:
Don’t worry, you can buy them all with your bot while you’re in bed. Is that the kind of attention you’re looking for?
lulz...
misterwhisper
Art Expert

Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:59 pm

Up.

edit: and out.
IronBott
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:01 pm

I'm shock by the lack of talk about hands on this one :shock: