Stout Discussion - fmr: tyler stout posters are going insane

General art-related discussion.

Postby RottenAtom on Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:47 am

35mmpaul wrote:Fantastic Mr. Fox you cusses.


Ugh, not a fan of those colors. Zoltron Fox > Stout Fox
User avatar
RottenAtom
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 13873
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:51 am
Location: Houston, TX
Image

Postby jkw3000 on Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:56 am

The colors of the reg work with the palette of the movie.

At any rate, his output in the movie poster scene's whittled down to 1 a year for the past two years, so it's probably a bit harder to judge these days.
User avatar
jkw3000
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 18177
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Image
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.

Postby RottenAtom on Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:02 am

jkw3000 wrote:The colors of the reg work with the palette of the movie.

At any rate, his output in the movie poster scene's whittled down to 1 a year for the past two years, so it's probably a bit harder to judge these days.


I disagree. Those colors are too fluorescent to match the movie's palette (especially the orange).
User avatar
RottenAtom
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 13873
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:51 am
Location: Houston, TX
Image

Postby rubberneck on Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:05 am

Can a mod change title to 'posters no longer going insane'?
User avatar
rubberneck
Art God
 
Status: Active
Posts: 23930
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Postby jkw3000 on Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:08 am

RottenAtom wrote:
jkw3000 wrote:The colors of the reg work with the palette of the movie.

At any rate, his output in the movie poster scene's whittled down to 1 a year for the past two years, so it's probably a bit harder to judge these days.


I disagree. Those colors are too fluorescent to match the movie's palette (especially the orange).


Agree to disagree - I don't find it that far off.

Image
User avatar
jkw3000
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 18177
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Image
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.

Postby RottenAtom on Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:13 am

jkw3000 wrote:
RottenAtom wrote:
jkw3000 wrote:The colors of the reg work with the palette of the movie.

At any rate, his output in the movie poster scene's whittled down to 1 a year for the past two years, so it's probably a bit harder to judge these days.


I disagree. Those colors are too fluorescent to match the movie's palette (especially the orange).


Agree to disagree - I don't find it that far off.

Image


Those oranges have a natural/organic tone. The orange on the print is bright fluorescent orange. They're not even close.

(But keep defending the home team :wink: )
User avatar
RottenAtom
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 13873
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:51 am
Location: Houston, TX
Image

Postby rubberneck on Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:17 am

Y'all need to calibrate your tvs....
User avatar
rubberneck
Art God
 
Status: Active
Posts: 23930
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Postby bert on Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:18 am

I love his Fox print, captures the effervescence of the film really well.

Also, if we're going back as far as ATB, Shaun of the Dead is good work.
User avatar
bert
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1548
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:36 pm

Postby jkw3000 on Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:34 am

The orange is a touch lighter shade of a more saturated orange from the promo materials.

Image

If you find them a little too fluorescent, whatevs. But it's not a far cry from the material...

Image
(a still from Criterion's page)

...and I like that it's not the same white-with-2-or-3-colors that a lot of his movie posters have. That said, it probably would've been better for the variant to be a more muted version to appease people who don't like fluorescents. :P
User avatar
jkw3000
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 18177
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Image
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.

Postby RottenAtom on Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:34 am

bert wrote:I love his Fox print, captures the effervescence of the film really well.

Also, if we're going back as far as ATB, Shaun of the Dead is good work.



Indeed. SotD is nice. Overlooked that one :pint:

(but... Jock's is better) :lol:
Last edited by RottenAtom on Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
RottenAtom
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 13873
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:51 am
Location: Houston, TX
Image

Postby cotis on Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:35 am

RottenAtom wrote:(But keep defending the home team :wink: )


Image

:roll:
User avatar
cotis
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 3172
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: USA

Postby rubberneck on Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:35 am

:shrug:
User avatar
rubberneck
Art God
 
Status: Active
Posts: 23930
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Postby wonkabars7 on Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:35 am

mcnail wrote:he's good at what he does, well deserved.


hype!
User avatar
wonkabars7
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 6622
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 2:13 pm

Postby bert on Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:37 am

RottenAtom wrote:(but... Jock's is better) :lol:


Yeah, I agree.
User avatar
bert
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1548
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:36 pm

Postby RottenAtom on Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:38 am

cotis wrote:
RottenAtom wrote:(But keep defending the home team :wink: )


Image

:roll:


You must've saw the BNG symbol. DEFENDERS UNITE!

And yeah, I voted for that Labyrinth posters a couple weeks back. It's not too shabby, imo.
User avatar
RottenAtom
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 13873
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:51 am
Location: Houston, TX
Image

PreviousNext

Return to Art Discussion



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: eComWizard, Google [Bot], simplyrob and 27 guests