Rothbury 2009 Toyota Screen Print Give Away (PHOTO)

General art-related discussion.
thevalley
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:25 pm

At Rothbury fest this year (2009) Toyota had a booth set up and was screening a beautiful three color fest poster while you waited. I don't know the tally for the weekend but they only printed at certain times and only about 40 at a screening. I added a picture of the print to the site but it has yet to show up. I'm still trying to find out who the artist was. Not the greatest picture but it will do for now.

Last edited by thevalley on Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:27 pm

mmmmmm I think they print 40 on site but the other 700 a day were also screenprinted- I do believe
thevalley
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:34 pm

I watched them print mine and actually waited for it to dry before I pulled it off of the clips on Thursday. I went back again on Sunday and got another one and went through the same process. I was hoping they would do a shirt for me as I saw them do one Saturday, but the powers that be said they shouldn't have done the first shirt and they were only doing the posters, so I just got another poster. Its a very sharp, bright orange, eye catching poster. You are right about the 40 number. At the end of each bands set they would do forty and forty only. They were actualy counting the people in line and then telling the folks after the 40 count they were going to have to wait until the next band finished playing. I just emailed my contact at Toyota marketing to try to get the artists name.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:45 pm

I am going to have to check my print now, for I am fearful the ones given out in mass were indeed not screen printed.

I inquired but I haven't unrolled it.

Feel lucky to get those..... for I waited in multiple lines due to lunch breaks so if they just dumped a bunch of junk to clear the line, that's not very kind.
thevalley
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:52 pm

I was staff at the fest so I could enter the venue before noon when they let everyone else in. The booth was set up at 11am and ready to go. So I just made my way over there at 11am when there was no one but staff wandering around the event grounds. Lucky for me there were no lines when I was there. The guy doing the screening said the ink they were using was a very heavy ink and wouldn't fade if I didn't want to use UV glass and they were using a heavy 60% recyclable paper. It would not surprize me if they screened a bunch between 11 and noon each day just to keep up with the line. I'm pretty sure you got the real deal.
ScooterfromTN
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:13 pm

I went by sunday and they said they had none left. I had no idea they were doing them on site. I thought it was a nice poster. I actually drive a yota, so I really wanted one. Might be interested in picking one up if anybody has any extras. I wish someone would have told me all i had to do was wait for the next band. I thought it was awesome how they were giving all that away. They were giving away towels, bags, posters, and bandannas. I did manage to get a bandanna from some girl walking around giving them out. :lol:
gratefulashley3
New User

Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:17 am

Did either or you ever find this poster??
I have been trying to find this poster but a large one! I'm dying to get my hands on one!
If you guys know where I can get one please hit me up!
~Ashley (~);}