Cant believe this is still available

General art-related discussion.
jjbehren
Flipper

Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:34 pm

Great thread.

I'm surprised everything on this page and the "paintings" page is still available:

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=50 ... id=5883318
piomba
Art Expert

Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:43 pm

But-we-unleashed-a-lion wrote:This is a great thread!
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:44 pm

Pretty much anything by Sas Christian
http://circusposterus.com/_catalog/saschristian.html
tranito
Art Expert

Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:53 am

tmurch wrote:hmm i might have to invest. Just curious...what makes this print so amazing in person?
Many aspects.

Ink choices = top notch.
Colors : how they pop, how vibrant they are.
Properties : metallic inks can shine big time when the light hit 'em properly. This is full of metallics. Metallic inks are a thing. How you use them is another one.

Printing = top notch
Conception : metallics are used on another level... I'm talking about fades of course, in particular the one with the metallic blue, darker on the outside fading to none in the center. That, combined with the eye pattern (an element of the design),-big eyes outside to little ones inside- gives depth to the print and the psychedelic effect (read on Ibogaine to understand why that..). I could also talk about how they played with the transparency of the ink (metallic blue on top) to let the silver metallic shine underneath.. etc. You get the picture. I spent half an hour spinning around the print to get all the different looks, even bending to the ground to have a new angle where the light was hitting the print differently.. the print is so rich and full of metallics and well conceived, you get intricate action play between the inks and multiple views and feel depending on from where you look at it, where the light comes from.. the eye pattern switch on and off and on etc. The result is almost holographic! I'd bet you've never seen anything like this.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
tmurch
Art Expert

Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:18 am

thanks man that is great to know.
Tadrules wrote:Dan Mccarthy is a pimp.
RupertPupkin wrote: This will never change. Idiocy is the true human condition.
southerngarden
Art Expert

Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:24 am

tranito wrote:
tmurch wrote:hmm i might have to invest. Just curious...what makes this print so amazing in person?
Many aspects.

Ink choices = top notch.
Colors : how they pop, how vibrant they are.
Properties : metallic inks can shine big time when the light hit 'em properly. This is full of metallics. Metallic inks are a thing. How you use them is another one.

Printing = top notch
Conception : metallics are used on another level... I'm talking about fades of course, in particular the one with the metallic blue, darker on the outside fading to none in the center. That, combined with the eye pattern (an element of the design),-big eyes outside to little ones inside- gives depth to the print and the psychedelic effect (read on Ibogaine to understand why that..). I could also talk about how they played with the transparency of the ink (metallic blue on top) to let the silver metallic shine underneath.. etc. You get the picture. I spent half an hour spinning around the print to get all the different looks, even bending to the ground to have a new angle where the light was hitting the print differently.. the print is so rich and full of metallics and well conceived, you get intricate action play between the inks and multiple views and feel depending on from where you look at it, where the light comes from.. the eye pattern switch on and off and on etc. The result is almost holographic! I'd bet you've never seen anything like this.
i agree 100%...this poster is worth the $100...i recently picked one up in a trade and i am very happy with it...hunter is a true master of his craft and he really shines on this one...easily one of the best prints in my collection...its unreal that they are still available even at the higher price...hell, the border alone has a 3D look to it...and a run of 75!?
norelation
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:26 pm

one of Diana's very first silkscreen prints. the band found some stashed away. also, her only print found in AoMR.

2 left for sale here: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5030043

sschmotz
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:34 pm

norelation wrote:one of Diana's very first silkscreen prints. the band found some stashed away. also, her only print found in AoMR.

2 left for sale here: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5030043

I couldn't believe she had these at Flatstock and I bought one from her. She was telling me about finding this stash from the lead singer who had them stashed away. Definately a great poster and my favorite Sudyka.
angus3102
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:58 pm

Jay Ryan the new pod

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/36296#

This one to me should have sold out well before now. I understand the price is high but it is has been out for 5 years.
Last edited by angus3102 on Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kj1nyr
Art Expert

Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:07 pm

RupertPupkin wrote:I had no idea that Hunter was still available. I am stunned.
Ditto. Glad I was goofing off instead of working and got to read this thread. I'm in for one!
phishbeatles
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:31 pm

Yeah that image is great, if it didn't have all that writing at the bottom and was just an art print, I'd be all over it.
"thanks for doing that for us slow people!!" Jojodumbass
Flimby

Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:38 pm

phishbeatles wrote:

Yeah that image is great, if it didn't have all that writing at the bottom and was just an art print, I'd be all over it.
in a hunter s. thompson sort of way, the fact that this is for an ibogaine conference in mexico makes it all the more appealing to me.

and as a side note for those asking what the big deal is about this print, show me another recent print that got many people talking, very few selling and many framing. it's a stunning print that people should pick up while they can. and if flippy's isn't sold already i'm going to buy his too.

great thread.
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:12 pm

Flimby wrote:
phishbeatles wrote:

in a hunter s. thompson sort of way, the fact that this is for an ibogaine conference in mexico makes it all the more appealing to me.

and as a side note for those asking what the big deal is about this print, show me another recent print that got many people talking, very few selling and many framing. it's a stunning print that people should pick up while they can. and if flippy's isn't sold already i'm going to buy his too.

great thread.
He hasn't gotten back to me yet, but you can have it. I wouldn't mind owning this if I had lots of money to spend, but it doesn't appeal to me that much (even after viewing every picture).
MFK
Art Enthusiast

Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:19 pm

Nice thread. Just picked up a couple Nick Walkers.
cadeallaw
Art Expert

Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:31 pm

MFK wrote:Nice thread. Just picked up a couple Nick Walkers.
Also... you can sometimes find Nick Walker- Ratatouille for cost on the Banksy forum-

My favorite Nick Walker image to date
only a run of 95
and people are selling it for cost/a little less than cost :?

Needless to say, i picked one up from a Banksy forum member a few weeks ago and I couldn't be happier. :D