New KAWS up

General art-related discussion.
TKO4000

Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:41 pm

s_k_y wrote:Signed Monograph books available for pre-order at Aldrich. $45, edition of 250.

http://www.aldrichart.org/shop/index.php?id=102
Are these still available?
nimsu8
Art Expert

Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:52 pm

TKO4000 wrote:
s_k_y wrote:Signed Monograph books available for pre-order at Aldrich. $45, edition of 250.

did you go to the link? :) looks like it
Anonymous - "One of these days I'm going to type something clever or funny and it will end up as someone signature...one of these days"
ReverendToneZone
Art Expert

Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:28 pm

nimsu8 wrote:
TKO4000 wrote:

did you go to the link? :) looks like it
I thought they'd be long gone by now too.
s_k_y
Art Expert

Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:45 pm

from what I've just been reading on the Banksy board is that they are taking an unlimited amount of names and then selling them on the 'first come first served basis' - they had a signup sheet at the exhibit that had over 100 names on it according to someone over there so it's not looking good.

I just don't want them to send me an unsigned copy without telling me first. It does say that they aren't charging credit cards until they ship, so technically they can take as many names down as they want, no guarantee that you are getting a signed one.

You'd think they would take the pre-sale information down though.
nimsu8
Art Expert

Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:11 pm

s_k_y wrote:from what I've just been reading on the Banksy board is that they are taking an unlimited amount of names and then selling them on the 'first come first served basis' - they had a signup sheet at the exhibit that had over 100 names on it according to someone over there so it's not looking good.

I just don't want them to send me an unsigned copy without telling me first. It does say that they aren't charging credit cards until they ship, so technically they can take as many names down as they want, no guarantee that you are getting a signed one.

You'd think they would take the pre-sale information down though.

What a strange way to do it.
Anonymous - "One of these days I'm going to type something clever or funny and it will end up as someone signature...one of these days"
s_k_y
Art Expert

Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:18 pm

Now, according to a member on the KR forum:

"Just spoke to the Aldrich store manager. She confirmed that the 250 signed copy orders list has not yet reached capacity and that when it is full the link will be taken down from their store. I inquired about the sign up sheet at the museum and she stated that unless credit card #'s were given those on the list don't have an order placed.....if they just left their contact info (which most did) they would be called when the books are in stock, if any were left after processing credit card orders first. She assured me if we have order #'s from the website we are going to get the signed edition. I also asked about our international boardies email requests and she said they would be processes as well."
lazk
Art Expert

Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:24 pm

I was about to post the same info...

I ordered 2 last week and told that the store site had an accurate count.

I do not think people understand how hard it is to obtain a KAWS signature. The signature is basically free.
T.K.C.
Mention
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:27 pm

Thanks for the info/heads up everyone! :notworthy:
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." - Albert Einstein
ciphe
Art Expert

Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:04 pm

s_k_y wrote:Now, according to a member on the KR forum:

"Just spoke to the Aldrich store manager. She confirmed that the 250 signed copy orders list has not yet reached capacity and that when it is full the link will be taken down from their store. I inquired about the sign up sheet at the museum and she stated that unless credit card #'s were given those on the list don't have an order placed.....if they just left their contact info (which most did) they would be called when the books are in stock, if any were left after processing credit card orders first. She assured me if we have order #'s from the website we are going to get the signed edition. I also asked about our international boardies email requests and she said they would be processes as well."

I really hope that is true, I ordered one last night and called this morning about 11am est and the lady I spoke with was unsure and said she would get back to me.
carljwiii
Art Expert

Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:38 pm

Didn't realize how difficult the sig was to get. Glad I grabbed one. Kaws book and Obey gold Mr Spay. Score!!!!!!!!! :drool:
I am a Rhinoceros and my skin is 2 feet thick
s_k_y
Art Expert

Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:43 pm

some more info:

We are only selling signed copies of the monograph.
We will not charge your credit card if we cannot fulfill your order.
You will receive an email from me sometime in November if we are unable to fulfill your order.

Best,
Lise

So it's either signed or nothing....which I'm ok with.
nimsu8
Art Expert

Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:51 pm

I just don't understand how that's possible.
ciphe
Art Expert

Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:04 pm

nimsu8 wrote:

I just don't understand how that's possible.
being that they are still up on the website, I really doubt it now. when did these go on sale? I ordered mine about 11est last night, I hope I make the cut 8)
choke
Art Expert

Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:15 pm

Anyone who ordered either weeks ago or today want to post up order #s?

Might be a good way to tell approximately how many have been ordered.

#166X yesterday morning here.
ciphe
Art Expert

Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:15 pm

choke wrote:Anyone who ordered either weeks ago or today want to post up order #s?

Might be a good way to tell approximately how many have been ordered.

#166X yesterday morning here.

wow I got #180X