mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:36 pm

treweman wrote:Please do post them.
So it goes...
tweetick
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:52 pm

Hey Blue, why not just make the collection public tho?
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:56 pm

#utellme
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
tweetick
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:14 pm

Mine is public for a brief window every time I donate. But yeah, point taken.
RupertPupkin
Art Expert

Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:09 pm

Bought a couple of oil paintings at the Moniker Art Fair in London a couple of weeks ago. First big purchases in a long while.
Artist is Rafael Hayashi, a Brazilian of Japanese descent based in Sao Paulo. Not heard of him before but was blown away by his work in person:

this aggression will not stand, man.
RupertPupkin
Art Expert

Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:12 pm

And this one by the same artist:

treweman
Art Expert

Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:16 pm

Good to see you back on the forum. And wow, those paintings look big. Congrats.
RupertPupkin
Art Expert

Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:19 pm

Thanks, and thanks.
ceevee
Art Expert

Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:25 am

I really like the new additions, Joel!

And that Danny O'Connor - I hadn't seen his work in awhile - still one of my favorites of his works. And it complements its new neighbor quite well.
HappaHaoli
Art Expert

Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:23 am

treweman wrote:Good to see you back on the forum. And wow, those paintings look big. Congrats.
Image x6 ImageImage x2
"I had this dream where I relished the fray, and the screaming filled my head all day."
murdock
Art Expert

Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:44 pm

I like those as well. Sounds great, how this was a gut thing at Moniker. Great when you stumble upon art that way and then go ahead and take it home.

Thanks for showing them in situ.

Also: Happy to see that Bass Player peaking out. Had that one on my wall for years, might need to get it out again when we move places and find a good spot... Thanks for reminding me! ;)
Don’t deal with MillerTime04 - he’s a scammer
HairyHood
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:19 pm

RupertPupkin wrote:Bought a couple of oil paintings at the Moniker Art Fair in London a couple of weeks ago. First big purchases in a long while.
Artist is Rafael Hayashi, a Brazilian of Japanese descent based in Sao Paulo. Not heard of him before but was blown away by his work in person:

This piece is fantastic! Great additions.
eseffinga
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:51 pm

Just... cool!
RupertPupkin
Art Expert

Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:52 pm

Thanks for the kind words folks.
ceevee wrote:And that Danny O'Connor - I hadn't seen his work in awhile - still one of my favorites of his works. And it complements its new neighbor quite well.
One of my favourite pieces, and I agree that they work quite well together. Ideally I'd have the new piece displayed on its own, for maximum impact, but wall space is really at a premium at this point and it would be criminal not to have the DOC up.
murdock wrote:Sounds great, how this was a gut thing at Moniker. Great when you stumble upon art that way and then go ahead and take it home.

Agreed, really made my weekend. I actually went specifically to pick up one of the 2 Audrey Kawasaki pencil sketches that Thinkspace brought over but, lovely though they were, I ultimately decided that the price tag was too steep. Picked up both these Hayashi paintings for less than the one sketch and definitely feel I made the right choice - much as I long for a Kawasaki original.
murdock wrote:Also: Happy to see that Bass Player peaking out. Had that one on my wall for years, might need to get it out again when we move places and find a good spot... Thanks for reminding me! ;)
Well spotted! I love that little guy. Have codeblue to thank for a heads up on that one many years ago iirc.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:23 pm

RupertPupkin wrote: I actually went specifically to pick up one of the 2 Audrey Kawasaki pencil sketches that Thinkspace brought over but, lovely though they were, I ultimately decided that the price tag was too steep. Picked up both these Hayashi paintings for less than the one sketch and definitely feel I made the right choice - much as I long for a Kawasaki original.
How much were the Kawasakis?
RupertPupkin wrote:
murdock wrote:Also: Happy to see that Bass Player peaking out. Had that one on my wall for years, might need to get it out again when we move places and find a good spot... Thanks for reminding me! ;)
Well spotted! I love that little guy. Have codeblue to thank for a heads up on that one many years ago iirc.
Duh.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.