General art-related discussion.
my2hands
Art Expert

Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:46 pm

gig posters selling for $100 now...
muffinslinger
Art Expert

Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:48 pm

my2hands wrote:gig posters selling for $100 now...
yeah well, that's the way things are going. still plenty of artists out there with $20 and $30 prints. they need love too.
i'm contemplating thinking about thinkin'
justbehmh
Art Expert

Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:58 pm

no way there was more than 100 that went out. Got burned by the "buy now" button three times. Clicked and we are sorry.
GerryJarcia wrote:oh and coke is only done properly when sniffed of the hardened penis of a homeless man.
hailhailpj
Art Connoisseur

Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:10 pm

moe.ron wrote:
RupertPupkin wrote:
muffinslinger wrote:it was nice to have a sale run so smoothly. i have no problem missing out on the print. yeah sure it would have made my day to score one, i think it looks awesome. it's not the end of the world though. i'm sure another great emek is just around the corner.
so no melt down from me. it went on sale when he said. the site handled the traffic well. no one was really left hanging, the print sold out quick.
Spot on.
The only change I'd make if I was in the emek camp would be to say that they are going to release them in spurts ahead of time.
but you know what, it sucks for those who missed today. But in the future, you know. And hopefully it is something that every flipper and there mother figures out.
JDel
Art Expert

Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:13 pm

Good thing I took the laptop outside while washing the whip..Yay..Now to clean off all the water spots on the screen :lol:
RITFW
Art Expert

Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:13 pm

Struck out today. Saw a buy button on the second go 'round but no luck in the end. I guess I shouldn't complain... I got Neil Young tickets yesterday for $34.
blazedoutbee
Art Expert

Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:17 pm

RITFW wrote:Struck out today. Saw a buy button on the second go 'round but no luck in the end. I guess I shouldn't complain... I got Neil Young tickets yesterday for $34.
only love can break your heart! Not to mention a Emek sale!
zapper
Art Connoisseur

Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:33 pm

is there a limit on the number of prints you can buy from emek?
I know its prob not possible anyway, but say I was lucky enough to checkout once, go back and see another for sale and able to add to cart - would i be able to purchase a second one?

It'll probably never happen anyway, seeing how fast emeks posters sell - but i didnt see anything from emek saying anything about buying more than 1 of each ...anyone know?
j_pawlish1476
Art Connoisseur

Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:34 pm

Hey everyone. I just looked into at my email and did get a confirmation. My time signature was 11:01:27.
blazedoutbee
Art Expert

Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:36 pm

zapper wrote:is there a limit on the number of prints you can buy from emek?
I know its prob not possible anyway, but say I was lucky enough to checkout once, go back and see another for sale and able to add to cart - would i be able to purchase a second one?

It'll probably never happen anyway, seeing how fast emeks posters sell - but i didnt see anything from emek saying anything about buying more than 1 of each ...anyone know?
Go for the Gold Bro...
iratasan
Flipper

Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:42 pm

blazedoutbee wrote:

Go for the Gold Bro...
:lol:
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:35 pm

Go to the store section of his site - it's up at all times. One per order, one order per person. Buy more than one and the order is cancelled (and I'd hope that would mean that all orders from that person would be returned unfulfilled). I know that I wouldn't risk it...
Tra la la la la...
electrachrome
Site Admin

Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:58 pm

Yamar wrote:

Go to the store section of his site - it's up at all times. One per order, one order per person. Buy more than one and the order is cancelled (and I'd hope that would mean that all orders from that person would be returned unfulfilled). I know that I wouldn't risk it...
:oops:
I think i got two by mistake...but i e-mailed him right away.
zapper
Art Connoisseur

Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:45 pm

Yamar wrote:

oops - ok, i must be blind, i see it now :oops:

is the only way to pay through emeks site -paypal? So one must have a paypal account to buy something?
McDung
Art Connoisseur

Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:17 pm

Yes and Yes. Payment via Paypal and you need a Paypal account (which has your shipping address).