Any Reprocutions

General art-related discussion.
winick_aza
New User

Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:48 pm

I was just wondering if there were any rules that regulate the selling of posters here. I recently bought a poster from someone and have not received it as of yet. Payment was made by Paypal, so I have confirmation they received the payment. It has been 2 weeks, and I have not gotten a response from any emails that have been sent.

This is my first dealing with buying a poster through this site. I am used to sites like ebay where you normally get the item in like a week.

So, really, I am wondering if there is a time frame that people usually allow for someone to send them a poster, and if that time frame has elapsed, what can be done?

Thank you.
marshhouse
Art Expert

Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:17 pm

You gotta have faith.

Send another e mail. Maybe give it another week..........then send out the hounds. :evil:

I always stay in touch while a deal is ongoing.
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:12 pm

Speaking to what (as a site) EB can do... well, honestly very little (if anything).

One of the things about EB is that we serve to connect traders - help them find what they are looking for or a place to sell what they want to part with. But we can't and don't police the users in terms of their reputations and things like that - users strike deals and transactions at their own discretion. If you do have a true problem and paid via paypal, you can normally talk with them to get reimbursed (at least I have in the past with Ebay problems).
sunsetbrew
Art Expert

Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:38 pm

Paypal provides some protection. If you don't get anything in a week and no reponse to emails then file a complaint with paypal. There is a 30 day limit there. If things go sour, you may want to warn other people by posting here or other message boards who it was.
winick_aza
New User

Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:53 pm

Okay, Thank you.

Hopefully it will not come to any of that though.
Bread8
EB Team Emeritus

Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:54 pm

A couple of weeks isn't unreasonable. Personally, I can only get to a post office to ship stuff out on saturdays (and they all close at noon... lucky me, I'm used to getting up at 1 pm on weekends). That means if I agree on a trade/sale on a sunday, it ain't going out anytime soon. People have crazy schedules. I usually wait four or five weeks before sending a little inquiry email. EB also has a feedback feature, and you can use that if things go south, but give it a little time first.
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:41 am

There is a feedback thing on EB, but you can only give someone feedback if they request it from you. Something tells me that if you were to screw someone over, they wouldn't be contacting you as a reference anytime soon...
Tra la la la la...
bysleightofhand
Art Expert

Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:37 pm

I think I'm running into a similar situation. I paid a guy on here the agreed amount and he promised to ship it soon...a week passed and he still hadn't sent it but promised he would...been about a week since that, and I've never heard back, despite my pm's, email, and phone calls. It was done thru paypal, so I should be safe if I get nothing, but man, I just want the poster I paid for. I know it can be hard to get out and send a poster sometimes, but damn, if that's the case, the guy should at least keep me up to date.

edit: and I know he's been online since he checks his myspace page, yet magically didn't open up any of my pm's to him here on EB since they are still in my outbox.
Mapman
Art Expert

Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:43 pm

Man and I get worried if I send something out a few days after I said I would. :?
bysleightofhand
Art Expert

Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:48 pm

What's worse is that he's in Canada, so even if he was being a prick and ignoring me but did send it, I wouldn't find out until the end of this week at the earliest. Paypal gives me what, 30 days to file? Its been 2 weeks already.
Flimby

Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:01 pm

bysleightofhand wrote:What's worse is that he's in Canada, so even if he was being a prick and ignoring me but did send it, I wouldn't find out until the end of this week at the earliest. Paypal gives me what, 30 days to file? Its been 2 weeks already.
45 days
cocobean
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:03 pm

bysleightofhand wrote:What's worse is that he's in Canada, so even if he was being a prick and ignoring me but did send it, I wouldn't find out until the end of this week at the earliest. Paypal gives me what, 30 days to file? Its been 2 weeks already.
I wouldn't get too excited yet. Canada Post is brutal. Not only can they not figure out how to forward my mail since my move (even though they have the paperwork and the money), I've waited up to 8 weeks for a poster to arrive from the US.
bysleightofhand
Art Expert

Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:17 pm

Its not the travel time that bothers me so much as the lack of contact and ignoring of me that's annoying. It was suppose to be sent Xpresspost, so he should of gotten a confirmation number when he dropped it off, but he never gave me the number, nor responded since promising to send it.
pioneer
Flipper

Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:03 pm

sunsetbrew wrote:Paypal provides some protection. If you don't get anything in a week and no reponse to emails then file a complaint with paypal. There is a 30 day limit there. If things go sour, you may want to warn other people by posting here or other message boards who it was.
Paypal's time limit is 45 days, but....they only will help if the seller can't/won't provide a tracking number. As long as the seller ships SOMETHING, and can prove it with a tracking number, then paypal won't help, period. They don't offer protection from damages, or if the seller is a crook and sends the wrong item. Paypal will only cover a buyer fully if the item is purchased through eBay.
"Just tell him you're already on God's team and are very familiar with the playbook. Then tell him to STFU."
evillittlegoat wrote:All it takes is one dead hooker and all these Obama prints will be worthless.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:18 pm

true dat