Any Reprocutions

General art-related discussion.
pjtaper
Art Freak

Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:27 pm

don't buy from people you don't know...
I learned the hard way, but lost only $40, thanks shortybunchups!
:lol:
phishtaper
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:30 am

bysleightofhand wrote:Its not the travel time that bothers me so much as the lack of contact and ignoring of me that's annoying. It was suppose to be sent Xpresspost, so he should of gotten a confirmation number when he dropped it off, but he never gave me the number, nor responded since promising to send it.
depending on where he is and where you are, XpressPost can take up to 10 days or more to get to you in the US. normal time from say, toronto to big cities in the northeast is around 5 days to a week. im in Canada, and have often been frustrated by the slowness of the 'xpress' shipping. also, the online tracking doesn't work all that well. it can sometimes take longer to get 'into the system' than to actually ship the poster and when tracking info is actually reported, it simply says "entered destination country" on Date X, but provides no info as to where it is after it enters the US (which is usually the bulk of the delivery time). for sure, his silence is a bit troubling, but give him the benefit of the doubt. have faith, Im sure it will arrive.
bysleightofhand
Art Expert

Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:45 pm

I have no doubt he's purposely avoiding me now as he doesn't answer his phone anymore and sends me to voicemail sometimes before I normally would be sent. And no replies to emails or any messages as well. Last contact was well over a week ago now.
Shady? I think so.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:18 pm

Communication is the main thing....
I'm into my 5th week waiting for a print from a member in Germany.
He said he sent it and to wait a bit... as long as we are communicating I'm holding off filing a grievance with paypal.

Just make it known if the outcome is bad.
Everyone on here is on your side when it comes to shady people stealing money or worse... art.
There are people here that might even go pay him a visit for you. :wink:
morst
EB Team

Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:02 am

turnJBup wrote:Communication is the main thing....
I'm into my 5th week waiting for a print from a member in Germany.
He said he sent it and to wait a bit... as long as we are communicating I'm holding off filing a grievance with paypal.
international surface mail often takes 4-6 weeks, but paypal only gives you 45 days to file a report. . . Hm, what to do? you can always go hard-core and file a report with fraud.org as a last resort, that's pretty bigtime though, and you probably ought not to do that unless you're SURE it's a problem.
rowdyroddy
Art Connoisseur

Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:31 am

repercussions.

sorry the thread keeps popping up. i feel like reprocutions should be some sort of thing you would see in a Columbus S&M bar. Not that I would know.
bysleightofhand
Art Expert

Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:31 pm

rowdyroddy wrote:repercussions.

sorry the thread keeps popping up. i feel like reprocutions should be some sort of thing you would see in a Columbus S&M bar. Not that I would know.
Yeah, i noticed before i even posted. I didn't start the thread, but I felt no need to make a new one dealing with the same subject
bysleightofhand
Art Expert

Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:24 pm

Just to update, it took 1 month but my poster finally arrived. Apparently the seller had his phone/internet cut off for a couple weeks so he couldn't reach my mailing address. Took a while, gave me quite a scare since the poster was not cheap and went 3 weeks with no updates, but it finally came. Customs obviously opened it up and did a fudge job of reclosing it so it has some slight edge damages and soft corners, but nothing that wouldn't frame out.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:48 am

Phew, now I can breathe.