EB Sales History - Ebay Auctions

General art-related discussion.
db23
Art Expert

Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:37 pm

Yamar wrote:
db23 wrote:i asked this last week and received no answer. can only the seller in a private sale submit it? if i sell something publicly on EB and i don't register the sale can the buyer?
Please submit it - just add a note in the "notes" field that you were the buyer at that price. This way, we can better discern if it's been submitted twice (by both buyer and seller). Or converse with the seller and figure who will report it. The key here is to have one party of the sale listed to give the transaction some support - someone to vouch for the authenticity of it (and might even be able to "prove" that sale price if questioned).
Do I name the seller? Sometimes people don't like to report their sales or have their names attached to the sales report. I've got no probably reporting the stuff i've bought through here but am i betraying the trust of the seller by doing so? i just get annoyed at the sales charts sometimes when i know a few others have sold and not been reported.
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:44 pm

As a seller, I have no problem with saying "yeah, I sold that". But I know that some people don't like their name mentioned. That's why we say it is OK for the buyer to attach their name to the sale if the seller won't/doesn't want to do so. It's so that one of the participating parties to the transaction is putting their rep out there and saying "yeah, this sale happened". Really does not matter in the long haul who was the buyer or seller but it keeps us honest to some degree (rather than the original EB practice of having an option of a "private sale" which names no one and could open the door for more fraudulent reporting of sales - hence the original topic of this thread!) Private sales are no longer a reportable option on EB. If no one is willing to stand up and verify that a sale took place, it won't be recorded.
Tra la la la la...
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:13 pm

Yamar wrote:
Grateful69Phish wrote:
Yamar wrote: EB does have it's staff approve any members sales to look in to any grossly high or low prices, in case of an error on the part of the submitter.

Yamar- is this why some of my recent sales of the Raconteurs Detroit print are not showing- EB staff is booting them out ?

If thats the case, I dont understand- I did sell them at face and nobody even contacted me to determine the validity of the sales

And they are not listed in the sales history

I did exactly as your suppose to a few days ago- confirmed the sale via the trade page "print sold at this price".

I really don't like folks picking and randomly choosing sales info- they should contact the submitter or list the sale
I can only speak for what I've seen over the course of the last week or so (the show was in the last few days, right?) but I haven't seen ANY sales of that print reported in the member sales list awaiting approval. Have you been hitting the "save" button after the "sold at price shown below" one? If you don't, it won't submit the sale to the database...
I could have sworn I hit save, but give her a try again. That screen proliferation might be the problem if I remember right. After you hit the "sold at price shown" button, the screen refreshes and the information disappears and the save button is there.

Maybe a little text stating "Save button might be pushed to submit sale information" somewhere on that html page? That would have done it for me and I suspect many many others have run the same course.

Just a suggestion- I DO APPRECIATE THE QUICK RESPONSE AND THE TIME YOU DONATE TO THIS SITE.

Best regards
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:14 pm

Submit one now - I'll be able to tell ya in a few moments if it's gone thru...
Tra la la la la...
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:17 pm

OK... got it! Approved already. :)
Tra la la la la...
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:21 pm

Yamar wrote:OK... got it! Approved already. :)

Your work is not done! yea, thats right- hook them up... thats my job, thats what I do
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:55 pm

How many ya got? And do any sale dates need to be adjusted (or does it matter?)?
Tra la la la la...
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:33 pm

Yamar wrote:How many ya got? And do any sale dates need to be adjusted (or does it matter?)?
They were all sold shortly after the show-within a day, so if dates are important to EB'rs that would the exact answer.

These are the only confirmed sales at this point, I took requests before the show and tried to help a handful of randoms EB'rs who provide positive vibes to the forums.

Thanks again for the assistance Yamar
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:59 pm

No problem - all should be approved that you submitted to this point.
Tra la la la la...
posterjunkie
Art Enthusiast

Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:54 pm

The Mike King Nirvana 1990 posters just sold at Juliens Auctions May 31st auction for $1250 plus buyers premium. Lot #376.

I sold it to Juliens for $350 in December.

Maybe the fact that these posters are sitting around at $50-250 is due to "uninformed or oblivious buyers" paying way to much for the next "limited edition silkscreen".

Brendan, if you would't mind logging those two sales, I'd appreciate it in the interest of well informed community.

Jacob
http://www.ConcertPosterArt.com
"articles, venue profiles, artist profiles and about 4000 flyers, posters and ads"