Child's Play 2 | Group Open

General art-related discussion.
viobear
Art Enthusiast

Sat May 04, 2024 5:13 pm

Decided to just start the group myself. Poster is complete at the moment but will be taking suggestions for changes, within reason. Joining is not a commitment to pay, feel free to request join. But once group is full, will start to collect payments.
Size: 24x36
Medium: Screen Print
Colors: 15
Price: $80 plus shipping
Edition: 50-100
Titles and Credits
Payment to be collected once group is full
https://www.facebook.com/groups/474098548382964

fantasticninja
Art Connoisseur

Sun May 05, 2024 4:36 pm

I really wish you would just stop. Nothing about this seems sincere, and it comes off like "Hey, I made this. Now pay me." For one it looks incomplete.
viobear
Art Enthusiast

Sun May 05, 2024 5:43 pm

fantasticninja wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 4:36 pm
I really wish you would just stop. Nothing about this seems sincere, and it comes off like "Hey, I made this. Now pay me." For one it looks incomplete.
Why are you so angry? I offered potential members to provide feedback as to changes that they would like to see to the poster, whether it would be to add, take out, change colors, etc. etc., as is the normal process for any group. "Hey, I made this. Now pay me." I'm not sure if you're saying this as if the poster took me a couple of days to complete? Maybe this style gives the impression that it was quickly and haphazardly made? But it's these types of drawings that are always the hardest (for me personally) to execute, because of the artistic license involved with the lines and tons of personal interpretation at a close-up detail level. I thought you were art collectors? I could have just as easily chosen to do it in the style that I did my Avatar and Mean Girls prints—an execution that I consider to be less artistically demanding—but I don't see the point in doing something that doesn't challenge me. I hate to explain my art. And you want to offend me, but if you can't understand some of the solutions and interpretive aspects to the execution of this piece (whether or not it really does require more feedback to reach a final, completed form), then skip this and go spend your money on something easier to digest.

I think the fact that you guys sponsor artists to create has gotten to a lot of your heads. I have, for the majority, always received nothing but badmouthing and fudge-talking from this community. My friend, I can drop this Child's Play 2 poster in dozens of different styles and variations. Look at my past work, I do what I want. Don't be so upset. You're living in a very small world. Don't pay me, brother. I don't care.
viobear
Art Enthusiast

Wed May 08, 2024 4:36 am

Working on getting this to its final form. Will be adding more characters/scenes. In case anyone is interested in a Child's Play 2 poster.