Ebay question

General art-related discussion.
1st_mammal_
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:43 pm

I've never run across this situation, but I'm sure someone else has. One of my auctions ended a few days ago and some idiot from Brazil won it. I send him and invoice, and he replies saying it was a mistake and wants me to "cancel" the auction (in really broken english). He has no feedback. I go through the process of disputing the auction through ebay and choose the option that the buyer won the auction by accident. They send a message to the brazil idiot where all he needs to do is accept the cancelation.

Now I have a message from Ebay saying he wants the poster. I looked at the dispute history, and his reply was "ok" to the dispute E-mail from ebay. I think the idiot selected the wrong option for approving the cancelation. Now I went back to dispute it again, and it won't let me, saying a dispute has already been completed for the auction. I feel like I need a translator to explain what's going on to this guy.

Is there a phone number or email address I can send all of this to for ebay so I can explain whats going on? No more internationals will be allowed for my future auctions I guess.
electrachrome
Site Admin

Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:48 pm

I don't suppose you know anyone who speaks Portuguese? Maybe try one of the members on here from Portugal to translate?
itsdug
Art Expert

Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:51 pm

my wife can/will help if you really need a translator
freaksmeout
Art Expert

Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:01 pm

itsdug wrote:my wife can/will help if you really need a translator
Damn! Yet another reason why EB is an awesome place. Need a Portugese translator? No problem!!
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:06 pm

File a non-payer claim ASAP- it will work out when Ebay notitifes him in Portugese :lol:
1st_mammal_
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:11 pm

Grateful69Phish wrote:File a non-payer claim ASAP- it will work out when Ebay notitifes him in Portugese :lol:
I've already done that and he canceled the claim.

It might come to using a translator, but I'll ride it out a day or two more first. There is no way to actually talk to or email an actual person with ebay?
DeltaSigChi4
Flipper

Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:13 pm

Real people on eBay? Good luck.

E
robertstjohn
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:17 pm

You can sometimes find gold right under your nose :lol:
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:10 pm

1st_mammal_ wrote:
Grateful69Phish wrote:File a non-payer claim ASAP- it will work out when Ebay notitifes him in Portugese :lol:
I've already done that and he canceled the claim.

It might come to using a translator, but I'll ride it out a day or two more first. There is no way to actually talk to or email an actual person with ebay?
Something sounds wrong here but Im not sure what. There is a difference in filing a dispute for non-payment and request to cancel transactions.

If he cancelled the transaction, you should be able to repost for free and get a refund on the final value.

If he went ahead and didnt cancel the transaction, proof of payment is still necessary or a non-payment dispute could still be filed.

A transaction is not concluded, leave the seller in the lurch, until ebay recognizes payment.
ratrodjohnny
Art Enthusiast

Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:39 am

1st_mammal_ wrote:I've never run across this situation, but I'm sure someone else has. One of my auctions ended a few days ago and some idiot from Brazil won it. I send him and invoice, and he replies saying it was a mistake and wants me to "cancel" the auction (in really broken english). He has no feedback. I go through the process of disputing the auction through ebay and choose the option that the buyer won the auction by accident. They send a message to the brazil idiot where all he needs to do is accept the cancelation.

Now I have a message from Ebay saying he wants the poster. I looked at the dispute history, and his reply was "ok" to the dispute E-mail from ebay. I think the idiot selected the wrong option for approving the cancelation. Now I went back to dispute it again, and it won't let me, saying a dispute has already been completed for the auction. I feel like I need a translator to explain what's going on to this guy.

Is there a phone number or email address I can send all of this to for ebay so I can explain whats going on? No more internationals will be allowed for my future auctions I guess.
PM sent which may help...
"How can I be so skinny and live so phat?"