PSA: Don’t buy from Ruiz Burgos

General art-related discussion.
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:00 pm

dlazarow wrote:I think if the waistline of the jeans were less curved the illusion of baby bump would have been solved... more of a straight across waistline, even if that low on her hips.. like hip huggers, would have sold it.. plus maybe some ab muscle shading to emphasize the cut abs she'd obviously have.
Anyway, my 2 cents..
In regards to the damage issues... it's a hard toss up because he is an artist, not a businessman. You are buying straight from the artist who toils for hours on end just to create the pieces, and has to pay to print the pieces and ship them.
I would think maybe a partial refund for the damage, or a replacement at a discounted price (like his cost to print/ship it?) would be reasonable.
But to do nothing at all is kinda sucky...
Print some extra copies.
Pay for insurance.
Problem solved.
HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!
fredo
Art God

Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:06 pm

Kramerica wrote:Baby bump? I'm not convinced you have ever seen a pregnant lady...
Or someone who also works the core.

just a foil for me today, thanks
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:23 pm

ErocAfellar wrote:
dlazarow wrote:I think if the waistline of the jeans were less curved the illusion of baby bump would have been solved... more of a straight across waistline, even if that low on her hips.. like hip huggers, would have sold it.. plus maybe some ab muscle shading to emphasize the cut abs she'd obviously have.
Anyway, my 2 cents..
In regards to the damage issues... it's a hard toss up because he is an artist, not a businessman. You are buying straight from the artist who toils for hours on end just to create the pieces, and has to pay to print the pieces and ship them.
I would think maybe a partial refund for the damage, or a replacement at a discounted price (like his cost to print/ship it?) would be reasonable.
But to do nothing at all is kinda sucky...
Print some extra copies.
Pay for insurance.
Problem solved.
This is exactly what I told him. Price the print including the cost of extras. That way, when prints are damaged in transit, the buyer isn't drymounted. Easiest insurance ever. Also, buy drymounting insurance, which he did not do. This isn't rocket science.

In the end, sold it and recovered my cost so drymount it. Experience ruined a great print for me though, the image just pisses me off and reminds me that the artist is drymounting ass clown.