Pulp Fiction - Ruiz scam?

General art-related discussion.
reezstain

Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:10 pm

Wow didn't expect for this to gain any traction. I do my best to stay off FB (7+ years running) so thats good to know. Thanks for not roasting me about having the wrong artists name. I'll see if I can edit it to Burgos. Still peeved their contact information i.e. one email address, doesn't seem to go anywhere. I'll get on my GFs account and find them on Facebook. Vandelay should have been my first red flag...
fredo
Art God

Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:11 pm

schmoff wrote:the printing on the ruiz and mann are top notch, you need to remember they are converting paintings to screenprints, it has it limitations, these prints are like 20 screens so the price tag goes up
Reminds me of when back in the day they used to put disclaimers on shittily mastered CDs: "don't blame us if this sounds terrible b/c analog tapes have limits!"
just a foil for me today, thanks
KSUvet
Art Expert

Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:45 pm

Kramerica wrote:The star wars print looks...not good. Poor likenesses and awkward poses ruin what otherwise could have been a cool vintage style print. Plus the printing looks terrible.
Leia kind of looks a little Mann-ish, amirite?
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
TheVoid
Art Enthusiast

Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:35 am

If you search FB for a group called Commission Reviews you'll see feedback on the output/experience of the projects that this commissioner handles. Spoiler alert: There aren't a lot of positive things to be said about his projects.
downforcemedia
Art Expert

Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:39 am

Got my shipping notification on the Pulp Fiction variant. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Lies are a funny thing. They slip through your fingertips because they never happened to you. Time wounds all the heals as we fade out of view
jvwoodford
Art Connoisseur

Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:30 am

I'd be interested to know how the Pulp Fiction variant turns out, had my eye on it today and nearly bit were it not for this post.