Prints lost/stolen in home move

General art-related discussion.
APage
Art Enthusiast

Sat May 12, 2018 4:35 pm

Hi all,

In my recent cross country move, the movers (who were atrocious) managed to lose my frames Tron Prints :( I am keeping an eye on Craigslist and eBay, but if anyone comes across them, I would REALLY appreciate you letting me know. They were wrapped together in a big Uhaul television box from Home Depot so I'm sure they took it thinking they scored a free tv.

TRON and TRON: LEGACY Set 12 Ansin - 1st edition
My print numbers: 218 (Legacy) 219 (Classic)

They are custom framed and matted, museum glass, and double matted with black, and orange on the Tron Legacy print, and black with bright blue on the Tron classic print.

Pics: https://www.instagram.com/p/BisON6wAIjr ... zycallisto
WolfBrewer
Art Connoisseur

Sat May 12, 2018 7:10 pm

Dang, that's brutal. Good luck in tracking them down. Able to file a claim with the company?
APage
Art Enthusiast

Sat May 12, 2018 7:22 pm

Yes, but nothing has/will come of it. They are honestly the worst company I have ever dealt with in my life. They don't care that it's gone and don't even answer half of the time. And their insurance on my stuff was .60/pound, which is ridiculous. They don't even answer the claims emails, and it wouldn't even cover the cost of one print:( They took me 2 months to get my stuff and there are several items missing, and several broken as well, but the Tron prints are the main ones I'm upset about :(
golobulus
Art Expert

Sat May 12, 2018 7:38 pm

So sorry dude... getting ripped off always make one feel so violated. We moved from the DC area and the movers considered their job a 5 finger discount on anything that they could grab. I lost just about my entire CD collection which is much more easily replaced but we didn't receive any replacement either. Just sucks. Hope you can track down a good deal on replacement prints.
SPAC04
Art Expert

Sat May 12, 2018 9:29 pm

moving is lame enough without getting robbed of Ansin posters. Sorry to hear it.
Slacking
Art Enthusiast

Sun May 13, 2018 4:38 am

Dayum! That’s insane, I can’t even imagine.
Woo5lscott
Art Expert

Sun May 13, 2018 5:37 am

That sucks
jabbs02
Art Enthusiast

Sun May 13, 2018 7:38 am

Is there any chance either the place you moved from or moved to has outdoor security cameras? Might be worth reaching out to them if they do to see if the television box going into the truck is visible. You might also have to file a police report in the respective cities to acquire the footage. But this might be a good way to work around the company's insurance policy.
IWish
Art Expert

Sun May 13, 2018 12:29 pm

I don't know how many people actually use the BBB (Better Business Bureau). I use it fairly often. It would'nt hurt to submit a negataive report for that moving company. It would be interesting to know if anyone has already submitted a report on the company, too.
pjsteelerfan
Art Expert

Sun May 13, 2018 12:47 pm

Whats the name of the company?
IWish
Art Expert

Sun May 13, 2018 5:38 pm

Yeah...what's the name? I'm tempted to submit a bad report for the OP. I've heard so many horror stories about moving companies.
CargoCult

Mon May 14, 2018 12:11 am

APage wrote:Yes, but nothing has/will come of it. They are honestly the worst company I have ever dealt with in my life. They don't care that it's gone and don't even answer half of the time. And their insurance on my stuff was .60/pound, which is ridiculous. They don't even answer the claims emails, and it wouldn't even cover the cost of one print:( They took me 2 months to get my stuff and there are several items missing, and several broken as well, but the Tron prints are the main ones I'm upset about :(
Hate to hear that you lost your art but maybe I can offer some tips to hunt it down.

You mentioned that it took 2 months to deliver your stuff, that probably means that after they picked it up, they took it to a staging warehouse, unloaded it, and it sat there for a while. Given, the moving company, find the parent company and any other associated sub companies under the corporate umbrella. From here, find the staging warehouse closest to the location where you moved from. Check craigslist in that location as well as the local pawn shops.

The insurance, while fairly standard is pretty bad and you won't make a lot of progress getting back the full dollar amount. Instead, try and get them to fill in the blanks of how they would move your stuff. and where it would be staged, by posing as a 'new' customer interested in the process moving from your previous location to your current location. You can fudge the cities slightly if you get the same representative that you talked to about your move. Remember, they're always interested in new business but not fulfilling insurance claims.

Complain at the highest level. If there is a higher corporate owner, complain to them directly through social media. Nothing may come of it but you want to make it easier for future movers to be aware that the company is shady. And depending on how far you want to go, add comments to websites like Consumer Reports and Ripoff Report (to name a few).
mademehmmm
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 14, 2018 12:57 am

Its hard to find a market for that without selling it dirt cheap to someone that doesnt really want it. Get the craiglist search for all craigslist at once and keep checking ebay for your combination of prints. Sorry it happened.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon May 14, 2018 9:36 am

Those prints ain't worth all the effort. Ain't like they're even expensive or hard to replace.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Mon May 14, 2018 10:03 am

But but but the frame jobs.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.