Prints lost/stolen in home move

General art-related discussion.
ToonKiller
Art Expert

Mon May 14, 2018 10:23 am

IWish wrote:I don't know how many people actually use the BBB (Better Business Bureau). I use it fairly often. It would'nt hurt to submit a negataive report for that moving company. It would be interesting to know if anyone has already submitted a report on the company, too.
The BBB is my Jam!! It’s funny how shitty customer service turns into 5 star customer service when using the BBB. But if the company is as bad as the op says I doubt it’d work on them unless they’re a big chain moving co.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Mon May 14, 2018 10:37 am

IWish wrote:Yeah...what's the name? I'm tempted to submit a bad report for the OP. I've heard so many horror stories about moving companies.
This is why BBB gets a bad name, busybodies submitting bad reports based on things that didn’t even happen to them but to friends or family members or people they don’t even know on the internet.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon May 14, 2018 10:45 am

Luls. It gets a bad name cuz they're shady as fug.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Mon May 14, 2018 10:52 am

Yah, and that’s part of the reason they’re shady.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
PLUSH
Art Expert

Mon May 14, 2018 10:59 am

IWish wrote:Yeah...what's the name? I'm tempted to submit a bad report for the OP. I've heard so many horror stories about moving companies.

Cool, keyboard justice. You know the horror stories, those people are no good.

Was this you?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/bus ... ddd3a20f75
BenRichards
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 14, 2018 11:57 am

BBB is a crock of fudge and .60 per pound is standard for movers. Best to research movers, but most will do the same to cover their loses. With that being said, good luck with everything. Where did you move from/to? :pint:
Cragars wrote:Rainbow bukake won't ever make the wall.
ciphe
Art Expert

Mon May 14, 2018 12:19 pm

I had read the horror stories when I planned my cross country move and what helped ease my anxiety was itemizing all my boxes numerically. I checked everything going in the truck and checked when they came out, I fortunately was lucky, but I know these companies outsource on longer hauls.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Mon May 14, 2018 12:44 pm

ciphe wrote:I had read the horror stories when I planned my cross country move and what helped ease my anxiety was itemizing all my boxes numerically. I checked everything going in the truck and checked when they came out, I fortunately was lucky, but I know these companies outsource on longer hauls.
For emphasis. This can avoid a problem of boxes going missing. Some movers have numbered stickers they place on each box.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
IWish
Art Expert

Mon May 14, 2018 12:57 pm

Codeblue wrote:Luls. It gets a bad name cuz they're shady as fug.

Ha!

EGT and PLUSH - Your posts only serve to prove that you don't know me. Nice try, though. You seem to have the false impression that I give a damn about what you think. LOL.
IWish
Art Expert

Mon May 14, 2018 1:03 pm

Print this on labels and stick them on all your boxes. Heh. :P :wink: