Best Prints for a Kid's Room?

General art-related discussion.
xangelx
Art Expert

Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:37 pm

rubberneck wrote:I'm sure Mitch has probably got a flatfile full of leftover 'pwints' too...

http://expressobeans.com/public/search.php?series=1738
Lolz, I totally forgot about pwints. As I think customers also did.
"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion
mike123230
Art Expert

Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:45 am

xangelx wrote:
rubberneck wrote:I'm sure Mitch has probably got a flatfile full of leftover 'pwints' too...

http://expressobeans.com/public/search.php?series=1738
Lolz, I totally forgot about pwints. As I think customers also did.
Yea...that one didn't last too long.
bubbie
Art Expert

Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:46 am

WaltJocketty wrote:
bubbie wrote:#fatbirds.

I also have a brainwash hanging in my daughter's (3.5) room and a Roamcouch (which was here personal selection).
Good taste. Mine has a thing for Naoto Hattori. I can't afford Hattori's work, though.
How much does his work go for? I am sure I saw his prints to be pretty cheap. Unless I am confusing him with someone else?

The brainwash that hangs in her room is this one:

I still have the blue one with the same number in the flat file and have been debating whether to get rid of it for quite a while now. Unless I am forgetting something, those were the last two of his prints I bought. Wanted to buy the valentine print from the same year (15) but missed out, don't really remember why.

The Roamcouch is the Venice star one:

She chose it when she was 1 and 10 months or so old. I showed her bunch of prints (just pics on the screen) and she picked this one though it was not really one of the options: I was debating whether to buy it on the drop and it was opened on another screen and she pointed to that one :lol:
letstalkprints
Art Connoisseur

Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:42 am

Ya the OGs are pricey but the prints look very affordable if can track em down. Now about Venice, why is that not in the DB? I've never really wanted a roamcoach, favorites are the wish upon a stars but not enough to pull the trigger on one, but that Venice is gorgeous!
I'm your huckleberry. That's just my game.
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:54 am

Based on a recent Facebook melt, apparently Maze is the perfect print for a nursery.
Man I’m sooo bummed , I even added to my print karma today by letting something go for face ! Would have looked really good In my daughters nursery
The only print in my daughter's room (2.5) is Spusta's Woodstock Song of Love in pink, but she was much more excited with the Curious George vinyl wall decals we got her for her birthday party.
letstalkprints
Art Connoisseur

Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:02 am

Nice FB quote. The horror, letting something go for face value. I'm new to the print karma ideology. Do you still get print karma if you wine about it? :lol:
wottagunn
Art Expert

Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:28 am

TKuczynski
Art Expert

Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:50 am

The answer is anything by Daria Tessler:

http://www.animalsleepstories.com/main/ ... newprints/

bubbie
Art Expert

Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:41 pm

letstalkprints wrote:Ya the OGs are pricey but the prints look very affordable if can track em down. Now about Venice, why is that not in the DB? I've never really wanted a roamcoach, favorites are the wish upon a stars but not enough to pull the trigger on one, but that Venice is gorgeous!
http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/223278
AdamScott
Art Enthusiast

Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:45 pm

I love Dan May stuff.
letstalkprints
Art Connoisseur

Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:46 pm

danka bub
ArchibaldTuttle
Art Expert

Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:23 pm

Yeah, as others have said- go crazy on some Jay Ryan. I also agree with Dan McCarthy stuff if she's into stars or GID. Depending on if she's into certain animals/insects, some Todd Slater art prints might be cool. I had a non-collector friend who wanted to get some MM Fat Birds for his daughter's room. Some of the non-death Teagan White prints could be very nice. I also like this Anne Benjamin one: http://annebenjamin.bigcartel.com/produ ... -art-print
simplyrob
Art Connoisseur

Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:56 pm

Steve Thomas did some really great Calvin and Hobbes prints, they’d be great for a kids room. 100% Soft might be an option and Dark Hall has some great Peanuts stuff too. Good luck!
DonPiano
Art Expert

Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:59 pm

wottagunn wrote:Image
Yep. This is a must for a kids room. Really makes them go to sleep wonderfully.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:30 pm

bubbie wrote: The brainwash that hangs in her room is this one:

He dropped both this and "Life" when my wife was pregnant, but before we knew what she was having. If I had known we were having a girl, I would have picked up, one, possibly both, but I didn't want to guess wrong. I never went back and got either.