Top Flips for 2017

General art-related discussion.
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:37 pm

But seriously though, in an age of hacking, I find this crypto market quite scary. Maybe I am not just well versed, but are their safeguards in place that would prevent hacking of Bitcoin accounts (or provide remedies?), or are they as susceptible as anything out there?

At least banks are FDIC insured, have fraud prevention, etc.
RPuzio77
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:45 pm

bulkhead72 wrote:But seriously though, in an age of hacking, I find this crypto market quite scary. Maybe I am not just well versed, but are their safeguards in place that would prevent hacking of Bitcoin accounts (or provide remedies?), or are they as susceptible as anything out there?

Bulk, from what I understand and trust me its probably just my very elementary understanding of both Bitcoin and other cryptos, is that what makes Bit especially appealing
and game changing is its network structure and the breakthrough that it was in decentralized computing regarding networks and such, but what concerns me though and I'm sure even some "bitcoin millionaires" is while Gold Standard loons and believers in the Austrian School, such as F. Hayek, and his concerns about "fiat" or paper money backed not by a hard commodity such as gold, but more by the push and pull of supply and demand, the currency is not worth the paper that it is printed on. I wonder how people that are concerned with such things and scoff at the idea of the 'full Faith and Credit of the US Govt." are more then willing to risk something that has to be "mined" and isn't backed by anything of really value other then faith in a computer, but again this is a very over-simplistic explanation and opinion but give me dollars you can be bitcoin rich all day.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:12 pm

If anything, it proves that limited 'nothing' is worth something if enough people get behind it. How long that value holds is another question. The tech behind crypto is where the breakthrough is... the resulting 'currency' will eventually be an afterthought. But that's only one opinion in a sea of opinions.
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:16 pm

jjttdw wrote:If we are going to have Failips, we may as well have the top flips.

I'll start, We the People, signed and numbered.

http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/234742

$2k for a $300 investment was not bad.
Yep, that was a good one.

$1500 for a gold variant of Spusta Jerry bicycle day wasn't bad either.
I'm not someone else.
RPuzio77
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:20 pm

Just a follow up to my point there was once a time that we might all be able to remember when Mortgage bonds were the next great financial instrument, and they were rated AAA and sold to Pension funds and a lot of other sucks as safe investment options, we saw how that ended up for the Global Economy, the U.S. Taxpayer, and everyone's 401k plans etc, the only winners were the thieves, oh I mean bankers that walked off with their gold parachutes and million dollar bonuses while the rest of us paid for their stupidity, hubris, and most importantly FRAUD. Not saying that bit or crypto will end blowing up our economy, but at least what I have read the necessary transparency for a safe and fair market seems to be lacking at this point, I have read stories of currency manipulation even in Bit.
Last edited by RPuzio77 on Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
RPuzio77
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:21 pm

comountaingolf wrote:If anything, it proves that limited 'nothing' is worth something if enough people get behind it. How long that value holds is another question. The tech behind crypto is where the breakthrough is... the resulting 'currency' will eventually be an afterthought. But that's only one opinion in a sea of opinions.

Golf, that was what I also that read, the tech is the breakthrough not currency.
RPuzio77
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:23 pm

But fudge what do I know I'm long in Prints and Posters.. lol
soam24
Art Freak

Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:25 pm

RPuzio77 wrote:
bulkhead72 wrote:But seriously though, in an age of hacking, I find this crypto market quite scary. Maybe I am not just well versed, but are their safeguards in place that would prevent hacking of Bitcoin accounts (or provide remedies?), or are they as susceptible as anything out there?

Bulk, from what I understand and trust me its probably just my very elementary understanding of both Bitcoin and other cryptos, is that what makes Bit especially appealing
and game changing is its network structure and the breakthrough that it was in decentralized computing regarding networks and such, but what concerns me though and I'm sure even some "bitcoin millionaires" is while Gold Standard loons and believers in the Austrian School, such as F. Hayek, and his concerns about "fiat" or paper money backed not by a hard commodity such as gold, but more by the push and pull of supply and demand, the currency is not worth the paper that it is printed on. I wonder how people that are concerned with such things and scoff at the idea of the 'full Faith and Credit of the US Govt." are more then willing to risk something that has to be "mined" and isn't backed by anything of really value other then faith in a computer, but again this is a very over-simplistic explanation and opinion but give me dollars you can be bitcoin rich all day.

::..takes a bar of gold to try and use in real life to pay for anything..::
RPuzio77
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:33 pm

soam24 wrote:
RPuzio77 wrote:

::..takes a bar of gold to try and use in real life to pay for anything..::

This, so very much this.. Thanks Soma
soam24
Art Freak

Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:39 pm

:D
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:49 pm

There are devices that store tokens offline that can’t be hacked. Also, you can just use paper wallets as well where only you can access it. I agree that idk how much of the currency will be the long term value, but blockchain tech is what will change the world (potentially).

But in terms of prints, I guess that Invader one has to be the biggest. Can’t think of anything else.
RPuzio77
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:11 pm

Really not that much of a risk if your flipping prints (Buy Low/Sell High) or even selling them as the artist for bitcoin, fudge if I had any artistic talent I would make a run of say 300 of some stupid image sell half for good old fashioned greenbacks and sell the remained for bit or other cryptos, whats your down side a grand maybe less, trading in bit is a whole different game, gotta be in it to win it, but then again I have no skin in the bitcoin game, as I said before I'm long the print game.. so who's the sucker
plaink
Art Expert

Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:22 pm

I read this blockchain skeptic's name as Stinkbomb at first, should be interesting to see if it generates a lot of good counterargument.

https://hackernoon.com/ten-years-in-nob ... e98c180100
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:24 am

Let me play the roll of hax on dis one. Dat duke above is #fakenews
P.S. #whatisabitcoin #luls
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
bkboy77
Art Expert

Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:28 am

63schoeffling wrote:There are devices that store tokens offline that can’t be hacked. Also, you can just use paper wallets as well where only you can access it. I agree that idk how much of the currency will be the long term value, but blockchain tech is what will change the world (potentially).

But in terms of prints, I guess that Invader one has to be the biggest. Can’t think of anything else.
You mean the most advanced mode of payment that will replace fiat currency will need to be printed on a piece of paper and kept in a safe so that no one can hack it?
fung430 wrote:Expressobeans knows everything.