Vice Principals HBO Art

General art-related discussion.

Postby Chris217h on Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:23 pm

The incredible show that was Vice Principals is over now I'd really like to get a poster. Does anyone know who did this Vice Principals piece? I searched and couldn't find anything about the artist. Trying to get in touch with him/her to see if they could make prints. Any help would be great and if you haven't seen this dark comedy gem you're missing out!
Attachments
image1.JPG
image1.JPG (148.88 KiB) Viewed 467 times
Chris217h
Art Enthusiast
 
Status: Active
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:22 am

Postby sidewaysscott on Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:28 pm

never heard of it. Worth watching?
User avatar
sidewaysscott
Art God
 
Status: Active
Posts: 21896
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:22 am
Location: denver
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.

Postby Kramerica on Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:30 pm

I liked it. Just watched the finale last night.
User avatar
Kramerica
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 12273
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:37 am
Location: Corner of 1st & 1st
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH

Postby Chris217h on Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:31 pm

It's drymounting amazing
Chris217h
Art Enthusiast
 
Status: Active
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:22 am

Postby Irishman12 on Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:31 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:never heard of it. Worth watching?


Absolutely! I love Danny McBride and I'm sad too to see it end so soon (the entire series is only 18 episodes long).
User avatar
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 255
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: The Villa Quatro

Postby ajmmck on Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:33 pm

I didnt realise it was only two seasons. I dont know how i feel about this...
User avatar
ajmmck
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2081
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:28 pm
Location: Australia
ImageImage

Postby Chris217h on Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:34 pm

ajmmck wrote:I didnt realise it was only two seasons. I dont know how i feel about this...



It ended perfectly and didn't burn it self out like a lot of shows do. McBride will be back again with something just as good I'm sure.
Chris217h
Art Enthusiast
 
Status: Active
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:22 am

Postby cotis on Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:48 pm

definitely worth watching if you liked Eastbound & Down or anything Danny McBride related.

don't need a print from it though.
User avatar
cotis
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 3117
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: USA

Postby Chris217h on Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:35 pm

cotis wrote:definitely worth watching if you liked Eastbound & Down or anything Danny McBride related.

don't need a print from it though.


Yeah you do
Chris217h
Art Enthusiast
 
Status: Active
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:22 am

Postby rmjguttermouth on Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:08 pm

Chris217h wrote:The incredible show that was Vice Principals is over now I'd really like to get a poster. Does anyone know who did this Vice Principals piece? I searched and couldn't find anything about the artist. Trying to get in touch with him/her to see if they could make prints. Any help would be great and if you haven't seen this dark comedy gem you're missing out!



Poster artist is Erik Rose

http://www.erikrose.com
User avatar
rmjguttermouth
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 434
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:00 am
Location: LA

Postby ArchibaldTuttle on Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:54 pm

He's got some cool stuff. Guessing you'd have to find someone to get the rights from HBO, then all the rights for every face on there (tiger included- it cost 25k to rent!). Godspeed.
User avatar
ArchibaldTuttle
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1160
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:19 pm

Postby Chris217h on Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:28 am

rmjguttermouth wrote:
Chris217h wrote:The incredible show that was Vice Principals is over now I'd really like to get a poster. Does anyone know who did this Vice Principals piece? I searched and couldn't find anything about the artist. Trying to get in touch with him/her to see if they could make prints. Any help would be great and if you haven't seen this dark comedy gem you're missing out!



Poster artist is Erik Rose

http://www.erikrose.com



Thanks, I contacted him so I'll see what he says. Doubtful but maybe HBO would let him release a small run. If not I just ordered a ridiculously big 4 ft x 6 ft double sided bus poster that will have to do haha
Chris217h
Art Enthusiast
 
Status: Active
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:22 am

Postby slater on Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:47 am

I actually thought it might be Martin Ansin from the thumbnail. Great job on the faces... you all should hit him up for a small private commission of the piece...

The show made me laugh pretty hard every week...
User avatar
slater
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri May 07, 2004 1:00 am

Postby RadRacing on Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:20 pm

Finale was well done. More shows need to follow this model, short and sweet.
User avatar
RadRacing
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1077
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 9:12 am
Location: CANADA

Postby pjsteelerfan on Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:49 pm

McBride and Boyd Crowder slayed me. Show was great.
User avatar
pjsteelerfan
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1029
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:00 am

Next

Return to Art Discussion



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DonPiano, LeeKaye, postermike and 12 guests