Site Update - Capital Fundraising

Official Expresso Beans Art News.
wottagunn
Art Expert

Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:28 pm

commenting in FS posts is a good thing. im trying to get rid of my Stout IB, and only recently ive been informed by a few kind people that the price was too high. so ive dropped it and had a lot more inquiries. FS thread comments wouldve set me straight from the start

and the UAA FS section is the best part of that place. its where all the activity is. I think EB would get a boost in activity if it were allowed, even though people do get carried away sometimes.
hakson
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:41 pm

I vote no on FS comments. Ppl are typically annoying and haters behind a computer screen, so why give them the option? It's easier to deal to buy/sell using PM unless admins want to keep moderating the marketplace for childish behaviors, which happens a lot more on this site than UAA. Sellers should also research prices with the tools provided by the site or deal with the possibility of no sale. The tools are there for everyone, but if you're too lazy to do your own research then that's on you.
Dumb people makes life interesting
finneganm
Art Freak

Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:24 pm

hakson wrote:I vote no on FS comments. Ppl are typically annoying and haters behind a computer screen, so why give them the option? It's easier to deal to buy/sell using PM unless admins want to keep moderating the marketplace for childish behaviors, which happens a lot more on this site than UAA. Sellers should also research prices with the tools provided by the site or deal with the possibility of no sale. The tools are there for everyone, but if you're too lazy to do your own research then that's on you.
You weren’t around. It was amazing.
That's what she said
fredo
Art God

Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:44 pm

Pretty decent chance he was around.
just a foil for me today, thanks
binky79
Art Expert

Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:45 pm

finneganm wrote:
hakson wrote:I vote no on FS comments. Ppl are typically annoying and haters behind a computer screen, so why give them the option? It's easier to deal to buy/sell using PM unless admins want to keep moderating the marketplace for childish behaviors, which happens a lot more on this site than UAA. Sellers should also research prices with the tools provided by the site or deal with the possibility of no sale. The tools are there for everyone, but if you're too lazy to do your own research then that's on you.
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:59 pm

finneganm wrote:
Yeah. Amazing. The mods loved using 3/4 of our time on the site having to deal with issues on that one section of the forum (OK... maybe not quite that much, but it was a substantial portion of our time and energy which was why the change was made)...
Tra la la la la...
finneganm
Art Freak

Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:00 pm

See? Yamar gets it.

It was amazing.
That's what she said
fredo
Art God

Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:18 pm

You could always hire pettier mods.
just a foil for me today, thanks
treweman
Art Expert

Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:29 pm

Ya know, I dislike the trashtalk. I, and hundreds (thousands?) other EB members are also members on several other art forums including UAA. I don't know what universe you live in, but UAA is not a kinder, gentler place than EB. From my experience, which is extensive, the opposite might actually be true.
wottagunn
Art Expert

Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:31 pm

yep, UAA is pretty brutal.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:02 am

Just harder to understand wtf they are sayin amirite?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
veltri
Art Expert

Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:11 pm

Hoping this fundraising keeps the site working for the next 20 years.
By then I may finally hit 20k posts and be awarded the Art God title.
But by then you might as well just rename it Shart God.
strongstuff wrote: i want to watch those fools squirm.
charter
Art Expert

Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:04 pm

FS forum is pretty pointless if people aren’t visiting it...no commenting takes away visits.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:09 pm

So do the mostly lazy "sellers" saying "check my collection and make an offer".
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
IronBott
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:15 pm

veltri wrote:Hoping this fundraising keeps the site working for the next 20 years.
By then I may finally hit 20k posts and be awarded the Art God title.
But by then you might as well just rename it Shart God.
You're a god in my heart :notworthy: