bubbie
Art Expert

Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:15 am

hunterjax wrote:Image
mliddell
Art Expert

Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:38 pm

SerpentSociety wrote:Image

New "A Christmas Carol" posters by Jonathan Burton available now!

Jonathan had the following comments about the project:

"This was a great occasion to get into the character studies as described in Dickens’ novel. The concept plays with the idea of these ghosts being in his shadow to haunt him and I like the circularity of the image that leads up the image, in order of appearance, back down to his grave.

A Ghost Story of Christmas is the novels subtitle and it's the dark and moody atmosphere that I feel is the most fun to concentrate on. Christmas is a time for spooky stories around the log fire and I hope this poster haunts you. That these ghost of Past, Present and Future remind you of the the story’s message that time is fleeting but it’s never too late to open out hearts to the pain and struggle (and love) of others."

Now Available Here!
I always ask variant or reg? What's your prefence?

I thought with this particular scene the colder colors worked better on the variant but ultimately it's a warm story.
SerpentSociety
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:33 pm

Mad Duck is releasing new The Wonderful Wizard Of Oz posters by Ise Ananphada tomorrow!

Run details:

Regular - 24x36 screen print, Run of 325, $75
Purple Variant - 24x36 screen print, Run of 175, $90
Foil editions for all colorways with Runs of 15, $125

The regular is a book poster with a nod to the film. The variant has 10 new or changed characters added that only appear in the book!

Also, there are Chase Keyline posters for both versions of the art with Runs of 25 each. They will not be available for purchase and will be inserted into random orders!

Regular

Variant

https://www.madduckposters.com/
mliddell
Art Expert

Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:46 pm

Jonathan Burton's Rear Window just arrived. Worth the wait. Looks great in person.
ethnosax
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:48 pm

mliddell wrote:Jonathan Burton's Rear Window just arrived. Worth the wait. Looks great in person.
Did you get a tracking number, or did it just show up? I haven't heard any shipping update, and am very much looking forward to seeing the poster!
mliddell
Art Expert

Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:57 pm

Got an email w/ tracking on 1/23 and it arrived yesterday. I picked up all versions not sure if that matters or not in how they were shipping them.
bsharp
Art Expert

Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:00 pm

mliddell wrote:Got an email w/ tracking on 1/23 and it arrived yesterday. I picked up all versions not sure if that matters or not in how they were shipping them.
How do the reg and var compare in person?
mliddell
Art Expert

Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:13 pm

Tough call. They are flattening now haven't had them side by side. My wife liked the regular the best thought it had the most natural looking light.
FloB
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:04 am

https://www.madduckposters.com/blogs/ne ... f-vision-1

Mad Duck & Zeb Love are excited to bring you, "Persistence Of Vision", a new 2018 movie poster subscription!

Zeb Love is an illustrator famous for his gig poster and art prints, creating an impressive body of work over his career to date. For our 2018 poster subscription, Zeb will only be doing movie posters! Alternative movie posters are something that have interested Zeb for some time, and now is the right time to do them!

Welcome to "Persistence of Vision", a journey into the creation of 10 new movie posters, with many signed and printed by the artist himself!

It is important to read all of the details, but at a high level there will be 10 new movie posters created by Zeb that will ship to your door every month beginning in March! Once enrolled in the sub, you will be charged once a month for your new poster. The sub is available as both a regular edition poster sub, as well as a regular and variant matching number poster sub!

Read on for full details.

10 monthly posters beginning in March and finishing in December
Posters will all be screen printed movie posters
6 Posters will be 18x24 or 24X18
2 Posters will be 24x36 or 36X24
2 Poster spots will be EXCLUSIVE to the sub and the subject and size of the poster will be decided by sub member vote! Exclusive means this will not be sold outside of the sub!
There are two sub options. One called "Tier - 1" which is a sub for the regular edition poster and then the other option is "Tier - 2" which is a matching numbered regular and variant poster set!
All Tier 2 sub holders will receive one hand embellished print, signed by Zeb during the duration of the sub.
All Tier 2 sub holders will get the opportunity to purchase an OG sketch from Zeb during the duration of the sub. The OG will be available for a separate price and is an optional benefit exclusive to the sub. Subscribers will be able to request the OG subject!
Subscribers initial payment will cover the March poster!
Subscribers will have the benefit of selecting monthly or quarterly shipping
Zeb will be screen printing 4-6 of the 18x24 posters himself. Those posters will all be signed.by Zeb.
Random awesomeness will be inserted into tubes such as test prints, handbills, stickers, and other fun stuff!
A group exclusive T-shirt designed by Zeb will be made available to purchase if the group votes to do it.

What movies is the sub covering? While we can't list them all up front, we can list half of them! Remember that 2 sub slots will be decided by subscriber vote!

Rear Window
Night Of The Living Dead
Silence Of The Lambs
King Kong
Reefer Madness
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:40 pm

When is Citizen Kane shipping???? :hanging:
ethnosax
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:42 pm

Rear Window took months. I assume Kane will be the same. :( I wish galleries had the capacity to print first, then sell. But it'll get here when it gets here.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:44 pm

its been 3 months.. this place is hurting.. recipe for disaster...
ethnosax
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:47 pm

I think Rear WIndow was about 4 months, so maybe we're almost there with Kane. :)

What worries me more than the printing delays is these emails I get from Mad Duck offering me the amazing chance to pay them money without seeing a print, so that I can be the first one to get to buy the print. There's no artist/property combo I trust enough to blind buy before seeing anything. It seems very shady and desperate.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:49 pm

ethnosax wrote:It seems very shady and desperate.
it is !! :D

I'll say it now- this one is in the running for Toy r Us future, running with Dark hall Mansion :D
SPAC04
Art Expert

Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:50 pm

Oh a subscription, nice. Usually makes for a great thread.