FAKE POSTERS. GRR and the faking fakers who fake them

General art-related discussion.
mfs67
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:21 am

morst wrote:ebay seller kentuckylake looks like the latest offender.

:roll:
Yeah. I like the way he mixes in LPs and other merchandise contemporary to the concerts being advertised on the posters. It makes it appear as though he collected the posters and the other stuff at the same time. :twisted:
morst
EB Team

Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:17 am

mfs67 wrote:Yeah. I like . . . :twisted:
oy, how bout this guy then. . .
ALL MY MUSIC POSTERS WERE PURCHASED AT AN AUCTION IN ONE GIANT STACK ALL CAME FROM ONE MAN'S COLLECTION.
where have I heard that before. . . :x

seller: dogstar5000

oh yeah, when I was surfing feedback for a seller with a 97%..

mfs67
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:09 pm

morst wrote:
ALL MY MUSIC POSTERS WERE PURCHASED AT AN AUCTION IN ONE GIANT STACK ALL CAME FROM ONE MAN'S COLLECTION.
where have I heard that before. . . :x

seller: dogstar5000

oh yeah, when I was surfing feedback for a seller with a 97%..

Despite the people who did complain that the posters aren't original, he still doesn't know "if they are collectible or not." I especially like the part where he says that "some have tape down the middle" :lol: Here's some feedback he received that I thought was pretty funny: "Fast delivery ... Ringo in 1961? with '65 haircuts? Oh well, a chuckle for $5." However, same buyer apparently thought that the '67 Hendrix concert poster they purchased for $5 was authentic! :?
morst
EB Team

Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:01 pm

ebay seller- asayoelson has a ton of rare things for way too cheap- here is what he says about his items.
This is an excellent print of a rare poster, the item is printed on heavy duty card stock and there is only a small limited supply. Size is approx 16" X 12" and looks terrific in or out of a frame but will fit in a standard A3 size frame.
I am not exactly Mr Copyright, but this is just BS the way people can print crap out and sell it.
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:56 pm

Haven't checked thru, but secretshopper111 is selling lots of nice framed pieces at wayyyyyyyyyyy too low prices. And then you see that the auction says that they are nice framed "REPROS".

Need to report them to either WGV for all the Fillmore and BGP stuff they have up and/or to Ward Sutton for having his Blues Traveler piece up too.
Tra la la la la...
rockcandy
Art Enthusiast

Sun May 27, 2007 10:33 pm

I am a huge Bruce fan. Tried many times to buy "old" Bruce posters from auction catelogs. All of a sudden I see these "old Posters" reprinted and sold on Ebay. Granted as reprints, but what does it do to the desirablity of the original. What about the guy that wins the poster, does he have the right to reprint????