How long would you wait?...after paying

General art-related discussion.
PhishTaylorNYE
Art Enthusiast

Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:59 pm

dylanosaur wrote:
Kramerica wrote:
PhishTaylorNYE wrote:Spoke is prompt and they use tape flaps. And they have some pretty sweet art as well.
...and they roll a print to 1" diameter inside a 4" tube. Gorilla grip comes complimentary.
I had a bad experience with Spoke. Their site advertises 10% off your first order when you sign up. I signed up, received no email, so I contacted them. I fudge you not, they said they turned the promotion off for the day since they were selling prints that people wanted that day.
Haha. Yeh, whenever they are dropping an insta-sellout, like Welker they shut off the promotion due to "high traffic" or some foolishness like that. BS.
HenryGaleWasHere
Art Expert

Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:01 pm

Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:19 pm

WTF is Mad Duck?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Woo5lscott
Art Expert

Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:53 pm

Is this even released yet? If it's not finished yet, it's because AJ is sick and will be for a while
arkeiper
Art Enthusiast

Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:18 pm

Truth be told, I was an art poster virgin back in March. I started out looking at 411posters. Mad Duck has a banner there, and I liked a few of their posters. It was my very 1st purchase and now I am regretting it. I thought at the very least they would have sent the Vertigo poster by now.

Let me also ad how much I love this website and it's contributors. I have learned a ton and appreciate this art genre so much more because of this website.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:31 pm

PhishTaylorNYE wrote:
dylanosaur wrote:
Kramerica wrote:
PhishTaylorNYE wrote:Spoke is prompt and they use tape flaps. And they have some pretty sweet art as well.
...and they roll a print to 1" diameter inside a 4" tube. Gorilla grip comes complimentary.
I had a bad experience with Spoke. Their site advertises 10% off your first order when you sign up. I signed up, received no email, so I contacted them. I fudge you not, they said they turned the promotion off for the day since they were selling prints that people wanted that day.
Haha. Yeh, whenever they are dropping an insta-sellout, like Welker they shut off the promotion due to "high traffic" or some foolishness like that. BS.
Naaaa little wrong there

Spoke just needs to clarify discount for in stock postera only and not new releases
beetlejuice
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:06 pm

Woo5lscott wrote:Is this even released yet? If it's not finished yet, it's because AJ is sick and will be for a while
Looks like it was released a while ago... printed by VG Kids it says...

https://www.madduckposters.com/collecti ... 5521222213
These will be available Wednesday (February 22nd) at 12PM EST
Go ahead, make my millennium.
PatHobby
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:45 pm

For what it's worth, I got my THIRD MAN print today from Mad Duck - and it's actually really nice. I either didn't know or had forgotten that they were printing it on black paper with metallic inks - so it really gives it a nice vintage pop.

On the other hand, the only other commission I've been in with this guy was the Florey GRINCH - and I can't give that away.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:07 am

not the last 5 or 6 shipments i've received.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
WaltJocketty
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:56 pm

35mmpaul wrote:
not the last 5 or 6 shipments i've received.
I've had nothing but positive experiences with Spoke Art.

Yes they use tape flaps on prints. I've never had an issue with gorilla grip, but then again most of the art I've bought from them hasn't required poster tubes. For example, I purchased a few of Abigail Goldman's extremely fragile "die-o-rama" pieces and they were packaged and shipped very professionally.
tweetick
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:50 pm

Antler PDX, Thinkspace Gallery, Gallery 1988, Dynamo Editions; I have had nothing but great experiences with these galleries.