The Choe Show

General art-related discussion.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Sat May 27, 2017 12:09 am

quadruple wrap your fudge
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
technique
Art Expert

Sat May 27, 2017 12:34 am

This reminds me of that popular Blackout haunted house that started in NYC a few years back. People paid lots of money to get scared but they basically ended up getting felt up by strangers in dark rooms and put through psychological torture but hey it was part of the "experience"
samuraiwriter
Art Expert

Sat May 27, 2017 10:28 pm

"It’s going to be like Alice and Wonderland and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory on crack."
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed May 31, 2017 11:23 pm

This is fascinating to me. Hope some of you cats that applied get picked so we can get some first hand coverage. :pint:
So it goes...
fredo
Art God

Wed May 31, 2017 11:31 pm

This may be our last, best chance at bagging (read: identifying in line but not speaking to) iratasan.
just a foil for me today, thanks
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:16 am

Pretty much a few weeks of this :pint:

So it goes...
dodgers77
Art Expert

Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:07 am

#thatswild :shock:
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:59 am

davidchoe wrote:TGIF Friday June 2nd NEW YORK CITY - Houston and Bowery - one day only starting at 3pm you can apply live in person for THECHOESHOW.com by the crane lift-
You can't spell painting without spelling PAIN
I Had the most blessed day, today painting, springtime in New York with all the beautiful people in the neighborhood stopping by -I had 2 determined young people come and read their THECHOESHOW.com application to me live it was very powerful - so I will take all live applications tomorrow for 1 day only - @choe_show
Come prepared - I ❤️ New York
So it goes...
bullelk
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:35 pm

I know some invites have gone out.
ciphe
Art Expert

Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:41 pm

mfaith wrote:
davidchoe wrote:TGIF Friday June 2nd NEW YORK CITY - Houston and Bowery - one day only starting at 3pm you can apply live in person for THECHOESHOW.com by the crane lift-
You can't spell painting without spelling PAIN
I Had the most blessed day, today painting, springtime in New York with all the beautiful people in the neighborhood stopping by -I had 2 determined young people come and read their THECHOESHOW.com application to me live it was very powerful - so I will take all live applications tomorrow for 1 day only - @choe_show
Come prepared - I ❤️ New York

KATSU BTM calling out Choe as a rapist
Bikejoh
Art Expert

Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:41 am

ciphe wrote:YOU MUST BE PREPARED TO SURRENDER YOURSELF FOR 2.5+ HOURS

BRING AN OPEN MIND.

HELP ME HELP YOU.
I'm not falling for that again
samuraiwriter
Art Expert

Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:58 am

Bikejoh wrote:
ciphe wrote:YOU MUST BE PREPARED TO SURRENDER YOURSELF FOR 2.5+ HOURS

BRING AN OPEN MIND.

HELP ME HELP YOU.
I'm not falling for that again
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Calls are going out apparently.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:02 am

What's up with defacing his mural?
So it goes...
bullelk
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:02 am

mfaith wrote:What's up with defacing his mural?
http://www.brooklynstreetart.com/theblo ... st-in-nyc/

He told a story during a podcast about raping a masseuse. He also said he drymounted his own mom during that podcast. He said later he was just making fudge up and thought it was obvious to people. Some artists (swoon specifically) freaked out over it. I mean, it was a horrible joke, but seems to do more with misinformation

Swoons 2 cents:
swoonhq@davidchoe I just read the transcript of your rape story and I thought to myself wowwww, this guy honestly thinks he's being edgy while he celebrates within the safety of the same metaphorical locker room that has long protected Donald Trump, Bill Cosby, and countless entitled date raping predators of whom there are too many to name. Why reinforce the most disgusting aspects of the already dominant mainstream culture while playing it off like it's some fun taboo or wild boundary crossing adventure? The day Trump got elected is the day you must have had to admit to yourself that there's nothing transgressive about your rape stories. Rape culture is all around us, and you choose to "entertain" by being just another drop in the bucket of violence. Art gives us so many more ways to express sexuality and confusion than just normalizing rapist shop talk. To be honest I have a hard time believing there is not a major element of truth to the tale. As someone who comes from a family of survivors of sexual violence I can tell you first hand that the ripple effects of the actions and attitudes that you put forth as cool destroy more lives than you may even have the capacity to imagine. I hope you wake up soon.
bullelk
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:14 am

I know someone who was picked to go to the show. Was called yesterday. A lot of interesting questions asked by a person in a fake accent. She is kinda nervous but excited. One of the things made clear on the phone was that this event will be expensive for Dave (they said a number while interviewing her, but I don't wanna say what it was). Maybe a concert? They wouldn't say but asked her what she thought it was. It's for approx four hours and happens over a wed-sat I think. Anyone else get a call back yet?