Takeshi Murakami X ComplexCon Mr Dob Figures available

General art-related discussion.
Celsius
Flipper

Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:34 pm

Ugh.
"Beautiful white wings for you. For the world? Death and destruction." - Spoiler Character (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)

https://plushart.club
fribhey
Art Expert

Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:37 pm

Celsius wrote:Wait is this every piece? I haven't even opened my box yet.
they are recalling those with issues. here's the email from them:
Dear Customer,

Thank you for purchasing the Mr DOB Figure. We appreciate your support and patience waiting for the merchandise to deliver.
Unfortunately due to unforeseen shipping issues we have received complaints on the quality of the products upon delivery.

The heavy weight of the DOB figure caused shifting within the packaging during shipping, which caused the color of the black inner packaging material transferred to the surface of the Mr DOB figure.

We would like to recall the units that are affected by this issue. We will reproduce the units that are returned to us for replacement. It will take 3-4 months after we receive them for reproduction and distribution.

You have the option to email ..... to return the units to us for replacement (3-4 months after we receive your return) or a full refund (full purchase value, including shipping and taxes). All return shipping fees will be paid by BAIT

Best Regards,
BAIT Inc.
Switch Collectibles
kind of ironic this was sold by companies named BAIT and Switch :D
Nemesis01
Art Expert

Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:41 pm

Has everyone who ordered these got them yet? I emailed them to change my address and they told me they would contact me to update my shipping information once they are ready to ship out and it seems like everyone is already getting theirs...the only good thing is they might be less likely to send me a bad quality one now that they know of the issues maybe.
cerebus
Art Expert

Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:47 pm

My red was fine, but my gold was screwed. So, that one's going back.

I don't know what they're going to do with the single orders. If they've any sense, they would check them out before sending, as it would avoid the inevitable costs to return the damaged ones. But being logical in this situation doesn't necessarily follow - they've sworn up and down to anybody that's asked that the singles are going out before the end of March.
Nemesis01
Art Expert

Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:04 pm

I actually ordered the 2 pack...I am in Canada though so maybe thats why mine hasn't shipped yet hopefully..
nobokov
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:12 pm

Nemesis01 wrote:I actually ordered the 2 pack...I am in Canada though so maybe thats why mine hasn't shipped yet hopefully..
Yeah that's tough, eh - I've seen plenty of anti-Canadian epithets on their blog. Hopefully yours won't have fingerprints on it with the middle fingerprint up, like it did on mine.
Nemesis01
Art Expert

Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:10 pm

lol...I hope not. The thing is I actually knew all about BAIT's shady history and still bit the bullet and purchased which in hindsight was probably a stupid decision. I just wish artists like Murakami would do a bit of research on the dipshits they work with and maybe find other channels to get their work released and in the hands of collectors.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:02 pm

What's their shady history?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
dtrain
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:37 pm

Bait used to be called MINDstyle. Pulled an old post from the KR boards from a member who had a lot of info about them.

Badbutch
Art Expert

Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:07 am

Dodged a bullet. My set came in clean.
"'Cause I'm a karate man! And a karate man bruises on the inside!" ~ Billy Ray Valentine
ksn
Art Expert

Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:45 pm

Did anyone get RMAs from baitme? Heard a friend did but I have not been contacted for months.
fribhey
Art Expert

Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:10 pm

ksn wrote:Did anyone get RMAs from baitme? Heard a friend did but I have not been contacted for months.
This was the email they sent in late May. You need to contact them at murakami_support@baitme.com regarding this issue:
Dear Customer,
If this is the first time you receive our communication, please accept our apologies. We had sent this to your email account a few months back thru our general customer service email account, and it may have gone to your spam/promotions folder. We have created a dedicated email account for the Murakami DOB communication to hopefully get this communication to your inbox with no issues. You may email any questions/concerns regarding your order directly to murakami_support@baitme.com, and we will get back to you within 1-2 business days.

Thanks for purchasing the Murakami DOB figure. Unfortunately, there were damages to a significant portion of the shipments during shipping to our USA and Euro distribution centers, and we are currently reproducing those damaged units. We regret to inform you that your unit was part of the damaged portion, and we have to ask for your patience to wait for the replacement production to complete before getting your order.

The reproduction process will finish in August, and we will ship them out early September. If you prefer to cancel your order instead, simply email us at murakami_support@baitme.com, and we will help you out with that.

We are very sorry for your troubles.

Best regards,
BAIT Inc
ksn
Art Expert

Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:29 pm

Thanks, I sent them an email at that address.

My last contact from them was in April
Hello,

Once we are ready to receive the recall items we will contact you with further information.

Best Regards
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:55 am

Replacement sets should be ready by August or September. That was the last update from May 17th. Patiently waiting... :lol:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
ksn
Art Expert

Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:52 am

comountaingolf wrote:Replacement sets should be ready by August or September. That was the last update from May 17th. Patiently waiting... :lol:
Have you sent yours in or do you send it in when the replacements come out?