The Rory Kurtz Thread

General art-related discussion.

Postby finneganm on Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:36 pm

“Wow! Cool Aliens poster!”
“Thanks, I spent a thousand dollars on it”
“I’m drymounting with you”
User avatar
finneganm
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 15218
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: NJ
...
...
That's what she said

Postby Darkknight37 on Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:43 pm

:lol:
User avatar
Darkknight37
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 7764
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:39 am
Location: Chicago, IL

Postby michaelmillichamp on Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:38 pm

mfaith wrote:Microsoft browser? Oof :hanging:

:lol:
User avatar
michaelmillichamp
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 661
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:53 am

Postby bubbie on Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:13 am

finneganm wrote:“Wow! Cool Aliens poster!”
“Thanks, I spent a thousand dollars on it”
“I’m drymounting with you”

Winner!


Honorable mentions:
ccsmd598 wrote:Most movie/pop culture poster fans would rather collectively accumulate $1000 worth of garbage posters (see all FB poster group FS threads)

DickButt wrote:It’s such a run of the mill Alien print. That’s the issue. Price how you want but anyone who thinks this is amazing enough to spend $1000 is an idiot.

("idiot" is pretty rough though)
mfaith wrote:Microsoft browser? Oof :hanging:


Nice thread.
User avatar
bubbie
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 4709
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:49 pm
Location: Canada

Postby bubbie on Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:18 am

PatHobby wrote:
jmagee87 wrote:We made it 20 pages before it went off the rails, that's probably a new record for EB


The best part is since I'm reasonably certain Rory lurks -- he's probably reading all this and wondering when the drymount we'll get back to talking about him.

Hope he still lurks.
User avatar
bubbie
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 4709
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:49 pm
Location: Canada

Postby SwampButt on Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:28 am

Bubbie is the new Rambo
SwampButt
Art Enthusiast
 
Status: Active
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:00 pm

Postby Sniffer85 on Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:54 am

If it's true and Kurtz is asking $1000 for this Aliens poster then he is really taking the piss. Tyler Stout could arguably release a poster with popular subject matter, say Pulp Fiction or Jurassic Park and he could ask $1000 for the poster, with a run size 250 and he would sell them all. He would have a huge pay day. But he wouldn't do that. He would still charge his usual affordable prices. Kurtz is an ahole.
User avatar
Sniffer85
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 516
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:14 pm

Postby bullelk on Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:55 am

https://mondotees.com/blogs/news/coming-soon-preacher-statues

On Monday (6/25), both Jesse and Cassidy will go up for pre-order. The regular versions with be $240 each and the Mondo Exclusive versions (each include a 18"x24" print of Rory's art the statues are based on and only available with purchase of these pieces), will be $250 each. To add to the incentive, if you pre-order both Jesse and Cassidy together you get the prints for free.
User avatar
bullelk
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 557
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:57 pm

Postby thisisjosh on Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:15 am

Sniffer85 wrote:If it's true and Kurtz is asking $1000 for this Aliens poster then he is really taking the piss. Tyler Stout could arguably release a poster with popular subject matter, say Pulp Fiction or Jurassic Park and he could ask $1000 for the poster, with a run size 250 and he would sell them all. He would have a huge pay day. But he wouldn't do that. He would still charge his usual affordable prices. Kurtz is an ahole.


Past tense. It’s done and people already purchased them. There were only 4 of each sold. Someone said 5, so perhaps 5.
User avatar
thisisjosh
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2820
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:27 pm
Image

Postby kansasbbq on Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:06 am

BenRichards wrote:Prices are ridiculous. Plus don't forget the pricey shipping too. For 925 he should at least cover shipping, but nope. Gotta pay for those James Jean prints somehow. :hanging:


....but you bought one anyway? :?
kansasbbq
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 16717
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Location: AUSTIN, tx
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq

Postby aldobishalini on Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:38 am

finneganm wrote:“Wow! Cool Aliens poster!”
“Thanks, I spent a thousand dollars on it”
“I’m drymounting with you”
User avatar
aldobishalini
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 627
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:59 am
Location: Rhode Island
BISHALINI.com (My Collection) Image

“Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning.”

Postby Kramerica on Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:33 am

kansasbbq wrote:
BenRichards wrote:Prices are ridiculous. Plus don't forget the pricey shipping too. For 925 he should at least cover shipping, but nope. Gotta pay for those James Jean prints somehow. :hanging:


....but you bought one anyway? :?

Luls
User avatar
Kramerica
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 12939
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:37 am
Location: Corner of 1st & 1st
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH

Postby SPAC04 on Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:29 pm

aldobishalini wrote:
finneganm wrote:“Wow! Cool Aliens poster!”
“Thanks, I spent a thousand dollars on it”
“I’m drymounting with you”


Image
User avatar
SPAC04
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1903
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:10 pm
Location: New York

Postby bubbie on Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:03 am

SwampButt wrote:Bubbie is the new Rambo

That’s actually pretty drymounting offensive.
User avatar
bubbie
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 4709
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:49 pm
Location: Canada

Postby FinalKickstand on Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:45 am

Kramerica wrote:
kansasbbq wrote:
BenRichards wrote:Prices are ridiculous. Plus don't forget the pricey shipping too. For 925 he should at least cover shipping, but nope. Gotta pay for those James Jean prints somehow. :hanging:


....but you bought one anyway? :?

Luls


Worst flip tactics eva?
FinalKickstand
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1400
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:25 pm
Location: NEPA
ISO an avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Art Discussion



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 34 guests