Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
cotis
Art Expert

Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:39 am

who else is ready for the tiered pricing APs
Kramerica
Art Freak

Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:19 am

I would bet dollars to donuts that the AP's are already spoken for, even if he hasn't set a price yet.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
ccsmd598
Art Expert

Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:14 pm

Kramerica wrote:I would bet dollars to donuts that the AP's are already spoken for, even if he hasn't set a price yet.
I think it was on Facebook if I remember someone asking when The Dark Knight was being released through Mondo if there were going to be APs....like while the timed sale was happening. Anything for that Kurtz peen rub
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
ArchibaldTuttle
Art Expert

Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:59 pm

That FB thread......MAGNIFICENT. Yeah- there's some insane hero worship for RK, but a lot of it seems aimed at getting preferential treatment. And I mean come on- someone who prices his APs like he does isn't gonna do that (not saying he shouldn't price that way, cause he keeps selling out).

I think he does some great work, he does some nice giveaways and presales, and he's engaged with his audience. People are funny, entitled, selfish, and dumb is all I'm saying.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:03 pm

Rory is douche. Dude has let all the dick stroking get to his head. Dude is all aboard his own hype train. LD esque.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
SPAC04
Art Expert

Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:10 pm

ArchibaldTuttle wrote: a lot of it seems aimed at getting preferential treatment...I think he does some great work. People are funny, entitled, selfish, and dumb is all I'm saying.
RambosRemodeler wrote: Dude is all aboard his own hype train.
^points made
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:27 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:Rory is douche. Dude has let all the dick stroking get to his head. Dude is all aboard his own hype train. LD esque.
And just like LD, the work will inevitably suffer.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:33 pm

choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
EgoDeath
Art Connoisseur

Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:08 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:Dude is all aboard his own hype train.
I will say that someone in that FB thread did have a good point, the only seemingly-logical point in posting an in-progress shot of something that will be unavailable to the the masses is to drive hype. I don't even have a problem with it, get that AP coin - but don't deny it and say some weak fudge like [well there are a million Alien prints out there, so just go grab one of those, you can't have mine but its all the same, right?]

Its only going to get worse as the KurtzKult grows.
IWish
Art Expert

Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:17 pm

EgoDeath wrote:I will say that someone in that FB thread did have a good point, the only seemingly-logical point in posting an in-progress shot of something that will be unavailable to the the masses is to drive hype. I don't even have a problem with it, get that AP coin - but don't deny it and say some weak fudge like [well there are a million Alien prints out there, so just go grab one of those, you can't have mine but its all the same, right?]
^This.

Someone should tell those FB guys that are complaining that their complaining provides entertainment for the commission group. The commission folks get off on that fudge.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:20 pm

hype is a choice.

you don't have to own a piece of art just because you like it.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
EgoDeath
Art Connoisseur

Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:28 pm

I guess, if we want interpret hype in some kind of existential personal and spiritual light some incense and listen to Enya kind of way.
aldobishalini
Art Expert

Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:38 pm

35mmpaul wrote:hype is a choice.

you don't have to own a piece of art just because you like it.
Exactly, I would have no money left or time in the day remaining if I hunted down and bought everything I liked. That Kurtz Alien will be something I simply appreciate from afar...depending upon the reveal of course. :o
BISHALINI.com (My Collection) Image

“Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning.”
IWish
Art Expert

Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:39 pm

Codeblue wrote:And just like LD, the work will inevitably suffer.
Fer sure.

Best thing to do about these commission folks is to practice some self-discipline and ignore their hype/tease posts. Even if the print is a must-have for you...keep your cool for gawd sake - don't play their game.