The Rory Kurtz Thread

General art-related discussion.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:29 pm

35mmpaul wrote:My prediction: nothing will happen.
Completely agree. That is the most likely outcome. My only observation was with as much as he could lose from a fouled relationship with the studio, why take the risk at all.
pittidesart wrote:one license I know Rory would kill... American Psycho. Make it happen Mitch!
Oh my god dude, that would be amazing. :shock:

So it goes...
EgoDeath
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:30 pm

Kurtz American Psycho would be a dream. Who's dick I gotta suck to get in the commission group?
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:40 pm

Plenty of the #mondoroster still does unlicensed fudge on the side. the risk is ridiculously low unless ya "blatantly" plagiarize. #tehmanevaffect
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
cotis
Art Expert

Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:55 pm

bone, with silian grail lettering.
rubberneck
Art God

Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:38 pm

Unlicensed prints, serious speculation...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
cotis
Art Expert

Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:49 pm

i’ll just wait for the next io9 hype
KSUvet
Art Expert

Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:59 pm

35mmpaul wrote:My prediction: nothing will happen.
jkw3000 wrote:My prediction: butthurt.
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
IWish
Art Expert

Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:05 am

mfaith wrote: Completely agree. That is the most likely outcome. My only observation was with as much as he could lose from a fouled relationship with the studio, why take the risk at all.
Who knows? Maybe he's already been blacklisted and figures he has nothing to lose. It's strange that he seems fearless about it between the gizmodo article and his FB ads...almost as if he's rubbing it in their (studio) face. Could be an ego thing?

I dunno'...all I can say is the more I look at that Alien(s) poster - the more I find it hard to believe that he draws the likenesses without some kind of photoshop copy/paste technique. One of these days, I'll play-around in ps and figure-out the process he uses. Just because I can.
rubberneck
Art God

Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:28 am

IWish wrote:
mfaith wrote: Completely agree. That is the most likely outcome. My only observation was with as much as he could lose from a fouled relationship with the studio, why take the risk at all.
Who knows? Maybe he's already been blacklisted and figures he has nothing to lose. It's strange that he seems fearless about it between the gizmodo article and his FB ads...almost as if he's rubbing it in their (studio) face. Could be an ego thing?

I dunno'...all I can say is the more I look at that Alien(s) poster - the more I find it hard to believe that he draws the likenesses without some kind of photoshop copy/paste technique. One of these days, I'll play-around in ps and figure-out the process he uses. Just because I can.
And you wonder why you get picked on sometimes. 8)

Post comments on completely unfounded assumptions on his standing with studios, an inference of him being egotistical and finally questions his ability as an artist.

Come on over to FB, you'll fit right in.

IWish
Art Expert

Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:23 am

C'mon. Yes, it is an assumption. I only mentioned the possibility of already being blacklisted. I can't imagine why an artist would take such a risk. The only answer that I could come-up with was that, for some reason, he felt that he had nothing to lose.

I seem to recall reading something he posted, (could have been several posts), that led me to think he has a fairly large ego. JMO. Kurtz, keep-on being you - I'm not trying to change anyone.

Okay. I'll admit my post was stabby and I apologize. I will refrain from posting this type of comment, but his likenesses are a bit too perfect. Again, JMO.

LOL...I was banned from a FB group last week. First time.

One more thing...about being picked-on. I'm pretty tough and can laugh-off a lot of fudge. Most of the fudge thrown at me was made by a group that seemed to get off on it. I know that was to entertain their buddies.

No one can make me feel inferior without my consent [1]. I do not give people like that my permission to do so. EVER. So, I defend myself.

[1] "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~Eleanor Roosevelt~
Last edited by IWish on Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rubberneck
Art God

Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:36 am

IWish wrote:C'mon. Yes, it is an assumption. I only mentioned the possibility of already being blacklisted. I can't imagine why an artist would take such a risk. The only answer that I could come-up with was that, for some reason, he felt that he had nothing to lose.

I seem to recall reading something he posted, (could have been several posts), that led me to think he has a fairly large ego. JMO. Kurtz, keep-on being you - I'm not trying to change anyone.

Okay. I'll admit my post was stabby and I apologize. I will refrain from posting this type of comment, but his likenesses are a bit too perfect. Again, JMO.

LOL...I was banned from a FB group last week. First time.

One more thing...about being picked-on. I'm pretty tough and can laugh-off a lot of fudge. Most of the fudge thrown at me was made by a group that seemed to get off on it. I know that was to entertain their buddies.

No one can make me feel inferior without my consent. I do not give people like that my permission to do so. EVER. So, I defend myself.
Fair enuff. What was the ban for tho?

IWish
Art Expert

Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:41 am

rubberneck wrote: Fair enuff. What was the ban for tho?
It was in a group unrelated to art. I, unintentionally, hurt the admin's feelings and she banned me. You know me...I kinda' tell it like it is and sometimes the truth hurts.
rubberneck
Art God

Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:44 am

IWish wrote:
rubberneck wrote: Fair enuff. What was the ban for tho?
It was in a group unrelated to art. I, unintentionally, hurt the admin's feelings and she banned me. You know me...I kinda' tell it like it is and sometimes the truth hurtz.
fixed for thread

IWish
Art Expert

Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:47 am

:wink:
Kramerica
Art Freak

Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:47 am

When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH