Fifty-Nine Parks Print Series

General art-related discussion.
phalanx
Art Enthusiast

Sun May 28, 2017 12:12 pm

There are some great prints in this series but the latest offerings have been decidedly boring and flat. For example, the Dry Tortugas National Park print is one of the uglier Charley Harper-esque imitations around. With Sand Dunes and North Cascades we are starting to see a generic copy and paste approach rather than a style. Kings Canyon National is barely cute, reminds me of Yogi bear. Statue of Liberty and the most recent arches are simply lacking any creativity--Lassen Park among others falls in this category too.

They need to stop producing prints that would be barely good enough to decorate a toddler's bedroom. The limited edition garbage is also silly, print them in two sizes or not. Given the direction they are going and the amount of prints left, I think people are going to lose interest fast.
phalanx
Art Enthusiast

Mon May 29, 2017 11:43 pm

There are some great prints in this series but the latest offerings have been decidedly boring and flat. For example, the Dry Tortugas National Park print is one of the uglier Charley Harper-esque imitations around. With Sand Dunes and North Cascades we are starting to see a generic copy and paste approach rather than a style. Kings Canyon National is barely cute, reminds me of Yogi bear. Statue of Liberty and the most recent arches are simply lacking any creativity--Lassen Park among others falls in this category too.

They need to stop producing prints that would be barely good enough to decorate a toddler's bedroom. The limited edition garbage is also silly, print them in two sizes or not. Given the direction they are going and the amount of prints left, I think people are going to lose interest fast
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:57 pm

Wednesday!
So it goes...
Kingfish
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:28 pm

Wrangell-St. Elias?
bryndavies
Art Expert

Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:02 pm

Kingfish wrote:Wrangell-St. Elias?

Yessir.
ImageT.K.C.
finneganm
Art Freak

Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:02 pm

It's very well done
That's what she said
bryndavies
Art Expert

Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:03 pm

It is hands down the coolest place I've been in Alaska. Fun fact, it's the largest of the national parks.
ImageT.K.C.
applehead
Art Expert

Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:51 pm

Can we get an Invader print in the 59 parks series?
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:47 pm

So it goes...
danieldanger
LORD KINGSHIT

Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:45 am

phalanx wrote:There are some great prints in this series but the latest offerings have been decidedly boring and flat. For example, the Dry Tortugas National Park print is one of the uglier Charley Harper-esque imitations around. With Sand Dunes and North Cascades we are starting to see a generic copy and paste approach rather than a style. Kings Canyon National is barely cute, reminds me of Yogi bear. Statue of Liberty and the most recent arches are simply lacking any creativity--Lassen Park among others falls in this category too.

They need to stop producing prints that would be barely good enough to decorate a toddler's bedroom. The limited edition garbage is also silly, print them in two sizes or not. Given the direction they are going and the amount of prints left, I think people are going to lose interest fast.

lol at lolterally everylol.
brinkmann
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:45 am

It's so good :2thumb:

Still debating whether I'll trim the title before framing...
ethnosax
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:52 am

danieldanger wrote:
phalanx wrote:There are some great prints in this series but the latest offerings have been decidedly boring and flat. For example, the Dry Tortugas National Park print is one of the uglier Charley Harper-esque imitations around. With Sand Dunes and North Cascades we are starting to see a generic copy and paste approach rather than a style. Kings Canyon National is barely cute, reminds me of Yogi bear. Statue of Liberty and the most recent arches are simply lacking any creativity--Lassen Park among others falls in this category too.

Ha! I love these kinds of posts. :) And I would actually agree that Dry Tortugas is the worst of the series--but, ironically, because the style doesn't fit well with the rest of the series (though this poster seemed to want designs that don't all have the same look). I also find Crater Lake disappointing--simple in an uninteresting way. But the others are very nice. No one is going to hang all 59 anyway, but anyone who loves the Parks can find 3-5 that will complement each other very nicely on a wall. As soon as the regular Zion comes back in stock, I'll be putting together my wall of the ones I like best.
natepachl
Art Expert

Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:12 pm

Wow, just wow! Great execution on this
I wouldn't deal with JakeStanley / eBay user fratdaddyjake
finneganm
Art Freak

Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:55 pm

ethnosax wrote:
danieldanger wrote:

Ha! I love these kinds of posts. :) And I would actually agree that Dry Tortugas is the worst of the series--but, ironically, because the style doesn't fit well with the rest of the series (though this poster seemed to want designs that don't all have the same look). I also find Crater Lake disappointing--simple in an uninteresting way. But the others are very nice. No one is going to hang all 59 anyway, but anyone who loves the Parks can find 3-5 that will complement each other very nicely on a wall. As soon as the regular Zion comes back in stock, I'll be putting together my wall of the ones I like best.
I actually find the Crater Lake to be my favorite so far, but overall the series has been phenomenal.
That's what she said
danieldanger
LORD KINGSHIT

Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:33 pm

Crater lake is one of my favs as well.