Ise Ananphada of Thailand

General art-related discussion.

Postby isaacsprinting on Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:54 pm

tourist504 wrote:Got the Wonka today - stunning. Is this really a screen print? Looks too perfect...


We'll take that as a complement... It is, printed here at Lazarus
User avatar
isaacsprinting
Art Enthusiast
 
Status: Active
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:08 am
Location: Houston, TX
Fine printmaking & publishing: http://www.ladylazaruspress.com

Postby sistinas on Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:37 pm

1000steps wrote:I'd love to see Ise put together a series of alt theater posters for classic Broadway musicals...Les Miz, Cabaret, Evita, Phantom of the Opera, West Side Story, etc. Her image for Luhrmann's Romeo and Juliet got me thinking about how her style would be perfect for capturing stage productions.


After seeing her Romeo & Juliet I can't stop thinking what an amazing Moulin Rogue she could do!
User avatar
sistinas
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:34 pm
Location: North Bethesda, Maryland
Image

Postby fallchild on Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:51 pm

sistinas wrote:
1000steps wrote:I'd love to see Ise put together a series of alt theater posters for classic Broadway musicals...Les Miz, Cabaret, Evita, Phantom of the Opera, West Side Story, etc. Her image for Luhrmann's Romeo and Juliet got me thinking about how her style would be perfect for capturing stage productions.


After seeing her Romeo & Juliet I can't stop thinking what an amazing Moulin Rogue she could do!



Same here! Been blown away that it hasn't happened.
fallchild
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 242
Joined: Mon May 13, 2013 1:53 pm
Location: Colorado Springs

Postby 1000steps on Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:24 pm

fallchild wrote:
sistinas wrote:
1000steps wrote:I'd love to see Ise put together a series of alt theater posters for classic Broadway musicals...Les Miz, Cabaret, Evita, Phantom of the Opera, West Side Story, etc. Her image for Luhrmann's Romeo and Juliet got me thinking about how her style would be perfect for capturing stage productions.


After seeing her Romeo & Juliet I can't stop thinking what an amazing Moulin Rogue she could do!



Same here! Been blown away that it hasn't happened.

agreed - perfect artist for Moulin

Image
User avatar
1000steps
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 3542
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:20 pm
Rick_a_c wrote:It's the game. Ya play or ya don't.

Postby moviewizguy on Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:30 pm

1000steps wrote:
fallchild wrote:
sistinas wrote:
1000steps wrote:I'd love to see Ise put together a series of alt theater posters for classic Broadway musicals...Les Miz, Cabaret, Evita, Phantom of the Opera, West Side Story, etc. Her image for Luhrmann's Romeo and Juliet got me thinking about how her style would be perfect for capturing stage productions.


After seeing her Romeo & Juliet I can't stop thinking what an amazing Moulin Rogue she could do!



Same here! Been blown away that it hasn't happened.

agreed - perfect artist for Moulin

Image

Can someone make this happen? Like now?
moviewizguy
Art Enthusiast
 
Status: Active
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:27 am
Location: Austin, TX

Postby bubbie on Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:32 am

^ Ring the pipeman/miss excellence/whatever he called himself. The dude delivers!
User avatar
bubbie
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 4796
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:49 pm
Location: Canada

Postby moviewizguy on Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:52 pm

bubbie wrote:^ Ring the pipeman/miss excellence/whatever he called himself. The dude delivers!

Good idea! Just messaged him. The Twin Peaks print came out great, so I hope this leads to something!
moviewizguy
Art Enthusiast
 
Status: Active
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:27 am
Location: Austin, TX

Postby 35mmpaul on Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:03 pm

piper will not be doing a moulin rouge commission any time soon. lol.
User avatar
35mmpaul
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 7664
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:40 pm
Location: NYC
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!

Postby bubbie on Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:14 pm

Trouble in paradise?
User avatar
bubbie
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 4796
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:49 pm
Location: Canada

Postby Kramerica on Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:32 pm

Or he just doesn't like the movie.
User avatar
Kramerica
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 12972
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:37 am
Location: Corner of 1st & 1st
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH

Postby jkw3000 on Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:33 pm

You know what he'd be more interested in doing.

Terminator 2. Only 2.
User avatar
jkw3000
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 19426
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Image
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.

Postby littleredcap on Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:31 pm

Ise's LOTR prints for NYCC: https://www.slashfilm.com/bottleneck-ga ... -con-2018/

Image
Ise Ananphada “Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers” 14 color screen print, 36 x 24 inches, numbered edition of 275, available for $75

Image
Ise Ananphada “Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers” variant 10 color screen print w/ metallic inks, 36 x 24 inches, numbered edition of 125, available for $85
User avatar
littleredcap
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 629
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Wyoming

Previous

Return to Art Discussion



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BENYOUNG20 and 57 guests