ALEC MONOLOPY is a Fraud

General art-related discussion.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:34 am

:lol: nice.

You certainly know more about the world of big boy art than I do trewey, and I'd go with your take over mine for sure. Just not sure where you get the resentful and jealous part though - not there even a little bit.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:32 am

So why was the drewj/bb8 call out deleted?
gorkie
Art Freak

Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:38 am

earlgreytoast wrote:When youre talking about $50-$100, $200 posters, the art itself is much more important than when you are talking about $1000-$100000, 200K+ art. At that point, it’s much more about hype and who is pushing it.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
treweman
Art Expert

Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:42 am

My brief anger is related to a long standing member of the forum making derogatory comments about a group of art collectors to which I belong. You paint a picture of those buying very inexpensive prints as being noble and true art lovers, and those buying more expensive prints and most OGs as being shallow as a wading pool and only concerned with the hype and fame of the artists who created the pieces in their collections. You may have started your comments thinking about collectors of Alec Monopoly and MBW, but your observations went way beyond that. My suggestion that you might be jealous and resentful was quite snarky and petty, and I’m actually surprised that I wrote it. My apologies. On the other hand, I’m equally surprised that you felt comfortable making such a sweeping generalization. Given that there are undoubtedly hundreds (thousands?) of EB members who have acquired pieces that were priced in excess of $1K, you could have expected that someone would be offended enough to write a sharp reply to your post. The irony is that under ordinary circumstances I would not be reading the posts in a thread devoted to Alec Monopoly, even one trashing him.

At any rate, my anger has passed and I do regret writing anything negative about you, personally. How can I stay angry? I am expecting an OG from Shawn Huckins to arrive from Seattle ...
ACE91A19-C614-4F5B-B115-AA47C11B9E2D.jpeg
I also have confirmation that my first commission, a piece being painted by Victor Castillo based on a recent sketch he exhibited, will be ready before Christmas.
45A1F927-07D3-46B2-8E71-29431CE61C5A.jpeg
Yep, still adding art by two over hyped artists (not).
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:10 am

gorkie wrote:
earlgreytoast wrote:When youre talking about $50-$100, $200 posters, the art itself is much more important than when you are talking about $1000-$100000, 200K+ art. At that point, it’s much more about hype and who is pushing it.
Should have added a WHATCHOO TALKIN' 'BOUT EGT? :lol: But I stand by this statement. It is a reference to how we pick apart prints and their details around here - oh, look at those Obey hands! Man, her boobs look waaayyy off. Why is he holding the knife in the wrong hand? etc... Saying the art was "more important" was bad wording, I meant more that it is picked apart and judged on a different, more petty level than most higher end stuff. Again, I don't hang in forums that discuss $100,000+ pieces of art so maybe I'm wrong. File under EGTGT. :wink:

No need for an apology trewey. Funny though, my first thought was that you hadn't had your morning cup of coffee or something though because it did seem out of character. But there's no doubt that you bring a lot more knowledge to this forum than most and hopefully, us poors don't put you off hanging out here and throwing in your .02 once in awhile. :notworthy: And 'grats on the new pickups! :clap:
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
ToonKiller
Art Expert

Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:43 pm

I'll help get this thread back on track.

Anyone hear about Alec Monopoly being a fraud, a poser, A TRACER??
jmagee87
Art Expert

Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:54 pm

stuckeyc wrote:So why was the drewj/bb8 call out deleted?
I'd bet drew/bb8 begged the mods a while back to be allowed back in under an alt account if he changed his ways or whatever. And now probably whined to have that post taken away so as not to tarnish is alts "good reputation". All hearsay, so what do I know? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
tourist504
Art Expert

Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:57 pm

ToonKiller wrote:I'll help get this thread back on track.

Wait he's a drymounting tracer, too?
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:04 pm

jmagee87 wrote:
I'd bet drew/bb8 begged the mods a while back to be allowed back in under an alt account if he changed his ways or whatever. And now probably whined to have that post taken away so as not to tarnish is alts "good reputation". All hearsay, so what do I know? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mods are usually pretty lax on banning alts these days until/unless they act up.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
bubbie
Art Expert

Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:14 pm

Drew was an "open" alt when he was banned the last time. Why would this time be any different?
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:15 pm

Didn't he slip up last time doe? Plus the mods are barely around these days. Too busy countin all dat sweet donation bootay.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
fredo
Art God

Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:41 pm

fredo wrote:Not sure if it's been asked here yet, but is Alex Monopoly a man of his word?

Ps This thread?
just a foil for me today, thanks
mobius006
Art Freak

Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:11 pm

GiantBoyDective wrote:especially since whyhoo is always banned and he never tried to con scott c out of a free giveaway.

I love EB but I haven't donated for the new site upgrade for a reason.

just donate
HenryGaleWasHere
Art Expert

Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:53 pm

tourist504 wrote:
ToonKiller wrote:I'll help get this thread back on track.

Wait he's a drymounting tracer, too?
DoubleDown
Art Connoisseur

Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:31 pm

jmagee87 wrote:
Isn't the setlist: drewj -> Particle -> bb8?