fredo
Art God

Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:31 pm

gorkie wrote:BB8 cannot compute.
just a foil for me today, thanks
fribhey
Art Expert

Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:33 pm

Codeblue wrote:Personal attacks, yada yada yada. I believe this was the (beginning of the?) end:

http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 5#p3201045

Also, wasn't it pretty well known that he was an alt of trendingart?
Same person (also same as babs/arthunter99/whitefish):
https://www.ebay.com/sch/trendingart/m.html
Last edited by fribhey on Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BB8
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:36 pm

..... wooooooooooooooooooooow
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:38 pm

When youre talking about $50-$100, $200 posters, the art itself is much more important than when you are talking about $1000-$100000, 200K+ art. At that point, it’s much more about hype and who is pushing it. It’s counterintuitive but I see examples of it allll the time. People buying art at those levels couldn’t care less what the art costs. Imagine a print artist releasing something that looks like a Basquiat today. It would just get ridiculed and sit there.

This chump, mbw, they get that. Right place, right time, right people behind it...sky’s the limit. In fact, the more it costs, the better the chance that it hits.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:42 pm

BB8 wrote:
Scottjohnston wrote:
BB8 wrote:Da Hork is back in town :rockin:
You making the trip Drew?

I go every year.

and hide.
I was asked to delete my original post. So I did.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:39 am

earlgreytoast wrote:When youre talking about $50-$100, $200 posters, the art itself is much more important than when you are talking about $1000-$100000, 200K+ art. At that point, it’s much more about hype and who is pushing it. It’s counterintuitive but I see examples of it allll the time. People buying art at those levels couldn’t care less what the art costs. Imagine a print artist releasing something that looks like a Basquiat today. It would just get ridiculed and sit there.

This chump, mbw, they get that. Right place, right time, right people behind it...sky’s the limit. In fact, the more it costs, the better the chance that it hits.
Not really. None of dat really pricey ass D*Face fudge was sellin.
earlgreytoast wrote:
BB8 wrote:
Scottjohnston wrote:
BB8 wrote:Da Hork is back in town :rockin:
You making the trip Drew?

I go every year.

and hide.
I was asked to delete my original post. So I did.
What did I miss?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:07 am

asking the mods why drewj (bb8) has been allowed to have a account again when he was "permabanned" ? I'd like to know myself :wink:
Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:09 am

especially since whyhoo is always banned and he never tried to con scott c out of a free giveaway.

I love EB but I haven't donated for the new site upgrade for a reason.
Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:12 am

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:20 am

Image #trollcru
fredo
Art God

Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:00 am

GiantBoyDective wrote:I love EB but I haven't donated for the new site upgrade for a reason.
And that reason is...alts?
just a foil for me today, thanks
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:41 am

Codeblue wrote:
earlgreytoast wrote:When youre talking about $50-$100, $200 posters, the art itself is much more important than when you are talking about $1000-$100000, 200K+ art. At that point, it’s much more about hype and who is pushing it. It’s counterintuitive but I see examples of it allll the time. People buying art at those levels couldn’t care less what the art costs. Imagine a print artist releasing something that looks like a Basquiat today. It would just get ridiculed and sit there.

Not really. None of dat really pricey ass D*Face fudge was sellin.
There are exceptions, of course.

FREEWHYHOO
treweman
Art Expert

Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:54 am

There are exceptions, of course.
There are A LOT of exceptions. So many, in fact, that these generalizations are silly. The world of art is huge, and you live in one small piece of it, the part of it that is apparently dominated by a few art forums. And even on these forums, you apparently ignore quite a bit of the available evidence that contradicts your bleak world view. SOME of what you write is undoubtedly true, particularly in reference to MBW. But when you wax poetic about collectors who buy inexpensive prints versus those who acquire art at prices of $1K and above, you strike me as being more jealous and resentful than thoughtful. I thought you were better than that.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:09 am

Wow, weird take on my words, but you're entitled to your (completely wrong) opinion about me.

:cheers:
treweman
Art Expert

Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:29 am

earlgreytoast wrote:Wow, weird take on the world of art, but you're entitled to your (completely wrong) opinion about it.

:cheers:
Fixed.