New Handiedan Print and Mural updates

General art-related discussion.
thimble
Art Enthusiast

Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:27 pm

Not sure how it got so quiet in her. She's had a bunch of great prints out and I think a solo show since the last post.
Here's to keeping it going.

"Spica" wood print available now:
http://www.printsonwood.com/artists/handiedan/spica
I love the smell of popped tubes in the morning.
Bluecow
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:07 pm

New Handiedan print available. It's a collaboration with Roman Maiden on the Hera print from 2012.

https://handiedan.bigcartel.com/product ... mon-maiden
KSUvet
Art Expert

Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:03 pm

What is the AR thing? I don't get it.
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:05 pm

"Augmented reality". It's all the rage these days. Ya use yer phone and the art has a whole different virtual component when ya view it. Some places are even selling AR "sculptures", which only exist virtually. Luls.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
KSUvet
Art Expert

Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:41 pm

It looks like a fun one-time trick, but ultimately I guess that's for people that like phone filters where you turn into a dog, or whatever. It's like concerts where I feel surrounded by idiots watching the whole thing through their screen while making worthless videos that no one will ever watch. I'll stick to my own senses, thanks.

"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi