Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:34 pm

Buffalo Chip?
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
samuraiwriter
Art Expert

Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:27 am

I saw this on another site... It's since been removed, which is a shame. :lol:

"I have had quite a few early OG's by Mr Brainwash that crapped their pants over time. It is not how they were conserved it is the medium. He/she/they/it uses alot of different methods to create these pieces and you just have to take them for what they are.

Example 1: Early OG pieces that were done on newspaper with house paint and spray paint tend to crack and actually change size. I presume this was due to the varnish applied and possibly the way they were affixed during framing.

Example 2: 2 of the pieces I had were done on the FRAGILE Stickers as the medium and the spray paint seemed to slowly flake off over time. Although it did give the pieces a "rustic" "weathered" look. It meant you had to take them back to the framer to get the frame cleaned out because of the access paint chips were visible at the bottom of the frame.

Example 3,4,5,6,7,8,9......

In my opinion these OG's don't stand the test of time, so far. They were all gifts given to me so beggars can't be choosers. But your take away should be, to be very careful if you are considering paying these astronomical prices that most are asking for these "so called pieces of art" I have had no issues with the screen prints and still have all of the first ones he did and no issues to date. Most all of the canvases he did are screen prints so.... Whatever...

To the OP's initial question. I have this same piece but on a different medium. As soon as he/she/they/it sent it to me I immediately had it reframed. This looks to be the original float mount frame they came in. It should be interesting to see how it looks after you have your framer get it out of that frame. Hope this helps.

Now if feel like I need a shower after posting in this thread"
HenryGaleWasHere
Art Expert

Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:45 pm

From the banksy board:
conartstudio wrote:He's not zedsy and before he changed his screen name here to "whitefish," and added the title "artist," he went by the screen name "arthunter999," which is also what he uses on thegiant forum, and on EB he went by the scree name "babbtke" before being banned there.

His M.O. seems to be picking questionable artists and trying to promote (spam) the hell out of them for some reason. He tried with Kai Aspire, Tabby, Fauntleroy SNOOTY, Alec Monopoly, etc...

He seems like a nice guy but could definitely slow down the promo machine a bit. He puts Karen, Above's marketing person, to shame :)
http://urbanartassociation.com/thread/1 ... z4eFqzY2oz
samuraiwriter
Art Expert

Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:13 pm

Whitefish replies to the above, and then deletes it:

"Change the name Alec Monolopy to Mike Mozart. I facilitated the public exposure that Mike Mozart was Alec Monolopy's ghost artist. Mike Mozart was taken advantage of by Alec Monolopy aka Alec Andon, and I felt the need to protect my friend. That's all... Carry On!"
bubbie
Art Expert

Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:35 pm

The good old "Alec Monopoly is a fraud" or something along those lines thread. And the Snooty one. I still have no idea who any of those people are. But I remember the names when I see them; yet I have never seen them anywhere but here :lol:
Babbs delivered the luls once in a while.
fredo
Art God

Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:37 pm

I revisited the "Monolopy" fraud thread. Not worth it.
just a foil for me today, thanks
bubbie
Art Expert

Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:44 pm

Never revisited; but sure was fun at the time. Also, at least one of those threads was cleaned up by the mods, if I remember correctly.
fredo
Art God

Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:19 pm

Sounds about right. EB needs to get its functionality sorted, else how will the next babbs be discovered?
just a foil for me today, thanks
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:44 am

Duke must be back off the wagon again.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.