Vanessa Foley's Aviary

General art-related discussion.

Postby HappaHaoli on Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:12 am

Dante0203 wrote:Really awesome :clap:
User avatar
HappaHaoli
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 5532
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:01 am
Location: a place without a postcard
Image x6 ImageImage x2
"I had this dream where I relished the fray, and the screaming filled my head all day."

Postby Codeblue on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:57 pm

Is dat supposed to be a pole or a shelf? Looks like chicken would fall right off dat ish.
User avatar
Codeblue
Art God
 
Status: Active
Posts: 49175
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby agr719 on Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:29 pm

Codeblue wrote:Is dat supposed to be a pole or a shelf? Looks like chicken would fall right off dat ish.


You'd be surprised. Wild turkeys roost in trees at night, I don't know how they stay upright sometimes.
User avatar
agr719
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1982
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:30 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA
Image Image ImageImage
mcnail wrote:Ha, EB, y'all crazy.

Postby tweetick on Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:09 pm

agr719 wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Is dat supposed to be a pole or a shelf? Looks like chicken would fall right off dat ish.


You'd be surprised. Wild turkeys roost in trees at night, I don't know how they stay upright sometimes.


Wild turkeys are such fun birds to have in the neighborhood. Their roosting habits are goofy, their clicks and clucks are fun to overhear, and the males are ridiculously aggressive dicks.
User avatar
tweetick
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 710
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:24 pm

Postby bullelk on Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:22 pm

Codeblue wrote:Is dat supposed to be a pole or a shelf?


Codeblue wrote:Duh


Codeblue wrote:Lulz
User avatar
bullelk
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 557
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:57 pm

Postby wottagunn on Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:40 pm

Thanks all :pint:



Blue - chickens can perch on anything, and not fall. She wanted to put them on a branch but I don't have any large trees in my yard. They usually perch on the back of chairs, or the dog kennel etc. Basically anywhere high. So we just decided to make it a generic perch.
User avatar
wottagunn
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 5220
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:28 pm
Location: Near Melbourne
    Image Image Image ImageImage

Postby piper27 on Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:19 pm

Love those chickens! They'd fit right in my wife's "farm house" decor
User avatar
piper27
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1084
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:52 pm
Location: Stewart, Mn
Codeblue wrote:Try vigorously rubbing yer peen on it several times.

Postby GoBluePanic on Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:55 am

tweetick wrote:
agr719 wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Is dat supposed to be a pole or a shelf? Looks like chicken would fall right off dat ish.


You'd be surprised. Wild turkeys roost in trees at night, I don't know how they stay upright sometimes.


Wild turkeys are such fun birds to have in the neighborhood. Their roosting habits are goofy, their clicks and clucks are fun to overhear, and the males are ridiculously aggressive dicks.


:lol: I was walking our dogs on our property last week and there was a flock roosting in the trees out back. When the first one took off it scared the fudge out of me because I had no idea they were there and because they have such an uncoordinated launch.It sounded like a person tumbling out of the tree at first.
User avatar
GoBluePanic
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1985
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:42 am
I'm not someone else.

Postby tweetick on Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:18 am

GoBluePanic wrote:
tweetick wrote:
agr719 wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Is dat supposed to be a pole or a shelf? Looks like chicken would fall right off dat ish.


You'd be surprised. Wild turkeys roost in trees at night, I don't know how they stay upright sometimes.


Wild turkeys are such fun birds to have in the neighborhood. Their roosting habits are goofy, their clicks and clucks are fun to overhear, and the males are ridiculously aggressive dicks.


:lol: I was walking our dogs on our property last week and there was a flock roosting in the trees out back. When the first one took off it scared the fudge out of me because I had no idea they were there and because they have such an uncoordinated launch.It sounded like a person tumbling out of the tree at first.


Ha ha! I've seen the exact same thing. Turkeys are about as aerodynamic and graceful in the trees as bowling balls. I laugh nearly every time I spot them.
User avatar
tweetick
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 710
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:24 pm

Postby Vedderman23 on Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:22 am

wottagunn wrote:so stoked to get this one in today. Vanessa and I began discussing this commission 2 years ago! It has been a long process but well worth it in the end. She is so great to work with and the end result is just crazy.
This is a portrait of two chickens that I own, and she truly captured them. Even her initial sketch for composition is good!


Very nice Luke! Congrats! :clap:
User avatar
Vedderman23
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2635
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Clarksburg, WV
Image x 8

Postby KSUvet on Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:03 am

:thumbdown: Nope.
User avatar
KSUvet
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 4197
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:37 am
Location: MO
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
Image

Postby octopoid on Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:03 am

My first bee! So drymounting excited! :pint:
User avatar
octopoid
Art Enthusiast
 
Status: Active
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:50 pm
Location: Michigan

Postby alteridiom on Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:10 am

Had my wife try and help for the first time. She was super bummed to miss out. Said she felt like we were really gonna get one. Haha. Rookie.
User avatar
alteridiom
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 5314
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:23 am
Location: Tennessee
Small town pizza lawyer

Postby jcbudny on Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:15 am

alteridiom wrote:Had my wife try and help for the first time. She was super bummed to miss out. Said she felt like we were really gonna get one. Haha. Rookie.


Too funny, my wife was trying as well. I wonder how many of us got our partners up early on a Sunday morning to help out.
User avatar
jcbudny
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 652
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:45 pm
THC x 3

Postby bullelk on Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:23 am

congrats on your first bee oct

and to anyone else who scored too :clap:
User avatar
bullelk
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 557
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:57 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Art Discussion



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: geka and 53 guests