GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:08 pm

Dang missed it by a minute
I'm not someone else.
dasponyboy
Art Expert

Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:13 pm

No joke I happened to be on her site when it was available and I just thought it was an old sold out one :lol:
BadassArt
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:38 pm

dasponyboy wrote:
mfaith wrote:
vanessafoley wrote:Working on some small Costas Hummingbird originals for my show at @swoongalleryla. As always if anyone is interested in being emailed a preview of the show please contact the lovely Ally at swoongalleryla@gmail.com
vanessafoley wrote:It's finally Friday and I hope you 'owl' have a wonderful weekend!!! This aptly named Little Owl is the first in a series of small owl originals I'm currently working on for my upcoming show at @swoongalleryla, this piece is graphite on paper.
These went quick after the preview went out. Really wanted Little Owl! Buying pieces floated and framed from a gallery does make me nervous tho.
Sorry bud but I was lightning fast on that and was the first to respond after the preview email and that Little Owl is headed to me after the show... It was by far my favorite from the show... She does incredible work look forward to the future
BadassArt
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:42 pm

The kingfisher painting is beautiful just couldn't spend $800+ but was my backup if all the Owls were gone
Baker
Art Expert

Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:05 pm

That Kingfisher painting though at 400 is a steal.
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:54 pm

Baker wrote:That Kingfisher painting though at 400 is a steal.
Yeah I think I would have had to take that kingfisher if I hadn't gotten the owl I wanted. Great deal but then again all of them are a bargain IMO.
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)
BadassArt
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:40 pm

Yea everything was priced great and framed
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:14 pm

Looking great! :clap:
So it goes...
ZLandrum
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:14 pm

Vanessa's awesome. Glad she's getting the respect and attention from this community.
rimmer
Art Expert

Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:18 pm

mfaith wrote:
vanessafoley wrote:My Monday has been all about this little Goldfinch, and I couldn't resist painting that little flash of yellow on his wings with gold oil paint
That goldfinch :notworthy: Have these l'il fellas in the garden
ImageImage
dasponyboy
Art Expert

Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:52 pm

BadassArt wrote:
dasponyboy wrote:
mfaith wrote:
vanessafoley wrote:Working on some small Costas Hummingbird originals for my show at @swoongalleryla. As always if anyone is interested in being emailed a preview of the show please contact the lovely Ally at swoongalleryla@gmail.com
vanessafoley wrote:It's finally Friday and I hope you 'owl' have a wonderful weekend!!! This aptly named Little Owl is the first in a series of small owl originals I'm currently working on for my upcoming show at @swoongalleryla, this piece is graphite on paper.
These went quick after the preview went out. Really wanted Little Owl! Buying pieces floated and framed from a gallery does make me nervous tho.
Sorry bud but I was lightning fast on that and was the first to respond after the preview email and that Little Owl is headed to me after the show... It was by far my favorite from the show... She does incredible work look forward to the future
Nice job man and a huge congrats to you! I'm sure it'll be amazing in person! The miss for me pushed me to contact Vanessa for a commissioned Little Owl so it worked out for us both :clap: :clap: :clap:

She might be the nicest person on Earth too
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:30 pm

dasponyboy wrote: She might be the nicest person on Earth too
yep! Super nice. :)
So it goes...
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:29 pm

vanessafoley wrote:So happy to be able to share a recent commission I've been working on, this painting was given as a Golden Wedding Anniversary gift. I've done commissions that have been given as gifts before, it's one of my favourite type of commission to do, but to be able to create a piece for such a special occasion has been an absolute pleasure and honour! Huge and grateful thanks to all involved

WOW! :shock:
So it goes...
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:03 pm

vanessafoley wrote:Belted Kingfisher commission in progress for an incredibly trusting client! This will be the first piece I will be doing completely in colour pencils (Faber-Castell Polychromos) so it's slightly nerve wracking, but I do love the feeling of childlike joy that using such beautiful colour pencils bring

This is great! I was hoping that she'd get more into colored pencils after the studies she did earlier in the year. :clap:
So it goes...
ZLandrum
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:25 pm

Nice little write up on ol' Vanessa-
http://hifructose.com/2015/07/29/hi-fru ... -of-birds/