Vanessa Foley's Aviary

General art-related discussion.
HappaHaoli
Art Expert

Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:12 am

Dante0203 wrote:Really awesome :clap:
Image x6 ImageImage x2
"I had this dream where I relished the fray, and the screaming filled my head all day."
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:57 pm

Is dat supposed to be a pole or a shelf? Looks like chicken would fall right off dat ish.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
agr719
Art Expert

Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:29 pm

Codeblue wrote:Is dat supposed to be a pole or a shelf? Looks like chicken would fall right off dat ish.
You'd be surprised. Wild turkeys roost in trees at night, I don't know how they stay upright sometimes.
mcnail wrote:Ha, EB, y'all crazy.
tweetick
Art Connoisseur

Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:09 pm

agr719 wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Is dat supposed to be a pole or a shelf? Looks like chicken would fall right off dat ish.
You'd be surprised. Wild turkeys roost in trees at night, I don't know how they stay upright sometimes.
Wild turkeys are such fun birds to have in the neighborhood. Their roosting habits are goofy, their clicks and clucks are fun to overhear, and the males are ridiculously aggressive dicks.
bullelk
Art Connoisseur

Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:22 pm

Codeblue wrote:Is dat supposed to be a pole or a shelf?
Codeblue wrote:Duh
Codeblue wrote:Lulz
wottagunn
Art Expert

Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:40 pm

Thanks all :pint:

Blue - chickens can perch on anything, and not fall. She wanted to put them on a branch but I don't have any large trees in my yard. They usually perch on the back of chairs, or the dog kennel etc. Basically anywhere high. So we just decided to make it a generic perch.
piper27
Art Expert

Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:19 pm

Love those chickens! They'd fit right in my wife's "farm house" decor
Codeblue wrote:Try vigorously rubbing yer peen on it several times.
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:55 am

tweetick wrote:
agr719 wrote:
Wild turkeys are such fun birds to have in the neighborhood. Their roosting habits are goofy, their clicks and clucks are fun to overhear, and the males are ridiculously aggressive dicks.
:lol: I was walking our dogs on our property last week and there was a flock roosting in the trees out back. When the first one took off it scared the fudge out of me because I had no idea they were there and because they have such an uncoordinated launch.It sounded like a person tumbling out of the tree at first.
I'm not someone else.
tweetick
Art Connoisseur

Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:18 am

GoBluePanic wrote:
tweetick wrote:
agr719 wrote:
:lol: I was walking our dogs on our property last week and there was a flock roosting in the trees out back. When the first one took off it scared the fudge out of me because I had no idea they were there and because they have such an uncoordinated launch.It sounded like a person tumbling out of the tree at first.
Ha ha! I've seen the exact same thing. Turkeys are about as aerodynamic and graceful in the trees as bowling balls. I laugh nearly every time I spot them.
Vedderman23
Art Expert

Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:22 am

wottagunn wrote:so stoked to get this one in today. Vanessa and I began discussing this commission 2 years ago! It has been a long process but well worth it in the end. She is so great to work with and the end result is just crazy.
This is a portrait of two chickens that I own, and she truly captured them. Even her initial sketch for composition is good!
Very nice Luke! Congrats! :clap:
KSUvet
Art Expert

Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:03 am

:thumbdown: Nope.
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
octopoid
Art Enthusiast

Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:03 am

My first bee! So drymounting excited! :pint:
alteridiom
Art Expert

Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:10 am

Had my wife try and help for the first time. She was super bummed to miss out. Said she felt like we were really gonna get one. Haha. Rookie.
Small town pizza lawyer
jcbudny
Art Connoisseur

Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:15 am

alteridiom wrote:Had my wife try and help for the first time. She was super bummed to miss out. Said she felt like we were really gonna get one. Haha. Rookie.
Too funny, my wife was trying as well. I wonder how many of us got our partners up early on a Sunday morning to help out.
THC x 3
bullelk
Art Connoisseur

Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:23 am

congrats on your first bee oct

and to anyone else who scored too :clap: