The Cleon Peterson Beauty In Brutality thread

General art-related discussion.

Postby toobs on Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:42 pm

sht! i like these - nooooo must resist
toobs
Art Expert

RottenAtom wrote:This is the hookup thread, not the beg for sloppy seconds thread.

Postby ciphe on Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:50 pm

toobs wrote:sht! i like these - nooooo must resist

hahah same. the size is of this helps though. I probably wont frame it for a while and they're to big to fit in my portfolio. Hopefully I just talked myself into controlling my compulsive spending habits.
ciphe
Art Expert

Postby WaltJocketty on Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:18 pm

This is easily my favorite print he's done in the past couple years.
WaltJocketty
Art Connoisseur

Postby soupysound on Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:25 am

WaltJocketty wrote:This is easily my favorite print he's done in the past couple years.

agreed. although i am a sucker for symmetry. first print of his that i've purchased.
soupysound
Art Expert

Postby artepersfizio on Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:30 pm

Proof of data mining?

I own the "Balance of Power" print (one of Cleon's best imo) and it's listed for trade. I didn't even realize it was listed for trade, as noone asked me about the print until this week, when I've received interest from four people. I find that to be more than coincidence, and I wonder if people are using bots to mine the Expressobeans library for prints which are gaining value. Someone appears to have recently purchased "Balance of Power" for 1000$, and now my inbox is getting flooded.

Thoughts? Wild Paranoia?
artepersfizio
Art Enthusiast

Postby Cragars on Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:48 pm

nope, just people thinking it'll rise even further or people that want it but expected it to lower in value but who are now shitting themselves.
Cragars
Art Expert

Postby WaltJocketty on Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:48 pm

artepersfizio wrote:Proof of data mining?

I own the "Balance of Power" print (one of Cleon's best imo) and it's listed for trade. I didn't even realize it was listed for trade, as noone asked me about the print until this week, when I've received interest from four people. I find that to be more than coincidence, and I wonder if people are using bots to mine the Expressobeans library for prints which are gaining value. Someone appears to have recently purchased "Balance of Power" for 1000$, and now my inbox is getting flooded.

Thoughts? Wild Paranoia?

No idea how to prove it, but the price history tool has always been unreliable at best.
WaltJocketty
Art Connoisseur

Postby HenryGaleWasHere on Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:00 pm

shills/FOMO/TGT, etc- all it takes is one...
HenryGaleWasHere
Art Expert

Previous

Return to Art Discussion