Art Expert

Thu May 17, 2018 8:29 am

octopoid wrote:Damn, didn’t realize this was happening. Bummer
Same here :hanging:
aldobishalini
Art Expert

Thu May 17, 2018 8:33 am

I'm on EST, woke up for work at 0600 and saw the email that was sent in the middle of the night. I think all of the PST people got screwed for this release for sure.
BISHALINI.com (My Collection) Image

“Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning.”
KSUvet
Art Expert

Thu May 17, 2018 8:37 am

I think I would've had it, but I ultimately balked at the price in the end. I think the gray is the best anyway, so it probably would have sat on the bench. Gray is supposed to arrive on Friday, so I guess that $ will go to frame supplies instead.
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Thu May 17, 2018 8:42 am

aldobishalini wrote:
I'm on EST, woke up for work at 0600 and saw the email that was sent in the middle of the night. I think all of the PST people got screwed for this release for sure.
I received the email at 9:32 pm est. Plenty of time for west coast peeps to see it.
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)
rubberneck
Art God

Thu May 17, 2018 8:44 am

greenhorn1 wrote:
aldobishalini wrote:
I received the email at 9:32 pm est. Plenty of time for west coast peeps to see it.
gotta work for dem sweet sweet prints!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
aldobishalini
Art Expert

Thu May 17, 2018 9:00 am

greenhorn1 wrote:
aldobishalini wrote:
Makes sense, I went to bed before 930 lol woops. Lucky I saw it in the morning then.
BISHALINI.com (My Collection) Image

“Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning.”
bmd1191
Art Expert

Thu May 17, 2018 9:55 am

I'm bummed I struck out on both releases for this but I do really love this print and hope to pick up the Sepia or Blue down the line.

Quick Nitpicking Question for everyone lol: Does it bother anyone else that the Blue variant has colossus aground written in grey instead of matching blue? Idk why but that bothers me a little. The sepia has the title in Sepia, and the the grey has the title in grey, but the blue kept the title in grey and it just doesn't match as well. Ultimately the blue probably is my favorite, but that little thing is just something I noticed.

tl;dr Extreme nitpicking on expensive paper lol
Kramerica
Art Freak

Thu May 17, 2018 10:45 am

I'm interested to see how the sepia looks in person. The earlier pics looked like it was more of a pink or rose color whereas the megafauna pics look more brownish.

Happy to have a shot at this one after whiffing on the others. Tried my card even though I was sure it would be flagged since it is an international purchase. Still got through with paypal on the rebound.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
MGW
Art Expert

Thu May 17, 2018 11:16 am

bmd1191 wrote:The sepia has the title in Sepia, and the the grey has the title in grey, but the blue kept the title in grey and it just doesn't match as well. Ultimately the blue probably is my favorite, but that little thing is just something I noticed.
Pictures don’t show the titles very well but metallic inks were used. I think people will be pretty pleased when they see them up close/in person. And the blue is my favorite too. :D
- In the end it's the beast and the fowl that will reclaim the world.
onesheet
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 17, 2018 11:48 am

bmd1191 wrote:Does it bother anyone else that the Blue variant has colossus aground written in grey instead of matching blue?
Interesting. I actually like the fact that the title and the image were different colors.

With the two being the same color, the print starts to feel more washed out (for lack of better term), almost as if it was an attempt to limit the colors used. This treatment nicely offsets the title from the image in a subtle way. I think it may make the title easier to read as well.

But I agree, we're just nitpicking - it's a killer print no matter what color you print the title.
bmd1191
Art Expert

Thu May 17, 2018 12:02 pm

onesheet wrote:
But I agree, we're just nitpicking - it's a killer print no matter what color you print the title.
Definitely. I'm excited for people to get all these different editions in and post some cool shots of them.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Thu May 17, 2018 12:42 pm

You heard 'em billy. Get on dem glamour shots.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
TheCollector1113
Art Enthusiast

Thu May 17, 2018 12:44 pm

I also missed out on this twice now. Debating going through eBay for the gray or the blue. I would think either will hold their value well.
kansasbbq
Art God

Thu May 17, 2018 1:33 pm

KSUvet wrote:I think the gray is the best anyway
I agree.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Thu May 17, 2018 1:40 pm

35mmpaul wrote:can an expert explain to me the connection between shingo and aaron?

how did they connect together years back?

why does aaron send aps to japan to have some sent back to america?

seems like posters and toys would be 'better suited' to handle APs. but this is my wild assumption.

just never understood the connection. seems logistically complicated.
bump
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!