Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
jkw3000
EB Team

Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:40 pm

Yep. People have helped before in the past, but you either have to have unlocked True Bro status with somebody there or ask for something easy that'll linger late into somebody's 3rd or 4th time in line.

Good luck either way you magnificent bastards.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
sincere86a
Art Expert

Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:43 pm

iambillyg wrote:Person 1 goes up to the flat file and gets to go through each drawer and review prints/inspect quality. While there's not a time limit, it's usually good form to limit your time to 5 minutes.
Person 2 ignores good form and looks through the same exact drawers as the previous person for 10 minutes. Then almost every person after does the same thing despite having seen everything. This repeats for roughly 3 hours.
tootexas
Art Enthusiast

Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:46 pm

iambillyg wrote:
tootexas wrote:I live close by and am considering going. Anyone ever been to one of these? What's the line like? How do they process the orders?
Line will probably begin forming tonight if Piper has anything to say about it. The line varies, but by noon Saturday, it should be at least 20-30 people deep.

Depending on the line size, the Gallery allows 15-20 people inside. You line up along the wall. Person 1 goes up to the flat file and gets to go through each drawer and review prints/inspect quality. While there's not a time limit, it's usually good form to limit your time to 5 minutes.

Once a print has been decided on (1 print per), you pay and then you can either A) leave, B) get back in line, C) post your pick up on eBay, D) a combo of A and C or B and C.

If you're there for local pickup, you don't need to wait in the flat file line. You can, but you'd be dumb.
So I can only buy one print and then proceed to get back in line if I would like to purchase another?
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:47 pm

tootexas wrote:
iambillyg wrote:
tootexas wrote:I live close by and am considering going. Anyone ever been to one of these? What's the line like? How do they process the orders?
Line will probably begin forming tonight if Piper has anything to say about it. The line varies, but by noon Saturday, it should be at least 20-30 people deep.

Depending on the line size, the Gallery allows 15-20 people inside. You line up along the wall. Person 1 goes up to the flat file and gets to go through each drawer and review prints/inspect quality. While there's not a time limit, it's usually good form to limit your time to 5 minutes.

Once a print has been decided on (1 print per), you pay and then you can either A) leave, B) get back in line, C) post your pick up on eBay, D) a combo of A and C or B and C.

If you're there for local pickup, you don't need to wait in the flat file line. You can, but you'd be dumb.
So I can only buy one print and then proceed to get back in line if I would like to purchase another?
yes
AliRock110
Art Expert

Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:50 pm

Good luck to all lining up for this. If you're number 1, please hold up your phone and record the groans when everybody sees you walking away with a Stout Thing for cost.
iambillyg
Art Freak

Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:51 pm

tootexas wrote:
iambillyg wrote:

Yes. That would be Option B.
rubberneck
Art God

Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:53 pm

AliRock110 wrote:Good luck to all lining up for this. If you're number 1, please hold up your phone and record the groans when everybody sees you walking away with a Stout Thing for cost.
Just hold out for the next Nakatomi mystery tube sale...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
ccsmd598
Art Expert

Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:06 pm

AliRock110 wrote:Good luck to all lining up for this. If you're number 1, please hold up your phone and record the groans when everybody sees you walking away with a Stout Thing for cost.
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
charter
Art Expert

Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:31 pm

I'm in line.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:39 pm

I like how think space did their flat file sale recently. Everything in poly bags. Spread out on a table.

I like the notion that it's an actual flat file that people have to flip through. Just feel like it takes a lot of time for each person to flip through.

But hey if it's part of Rhee experience then so be it.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
ccsmd598
Art Expert

Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:55 pm

#1 in line flipping through the prints while casually eating a bag of Cheetos
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
toobs
Art Expert

Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:05 pm

rubberneck wrote:
iambillyg wrote:Speaking of flips...

https://mondotees.com/blogs/news/februa ... -file-sale
I expect plenty of blurry line pics!
i expect people showing up the day before , ploppin their walmart lawn chairs down, then goin home when it "gets too cold" around 11pm-Midnight, then showin up again at 6AM-7AM, buy ch!t when they open, list on ebay within confirmation of purchase... or as i like to call it "Standard Procedure" :wink:
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
rubberneck
Art God

Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:42 pm

toobs wrote:
rubberneck wrote:
iambillyg wrote:Speaking of flips...

https://mondotees.com/blogs/news/februa ... -file-sale
I expect plenty of blurry line pics!
i expect people showing up the day before , ploppin their walmart lawn chairs down, then goin home when it "gets too cold" around 11pm-Midnight, then showin up again at 6AM-7AM, buy ch!t when they open, list on ebay within confirmation of purchase... or as i like to call it "Standard Procedure" :wink:
Call out thread time!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
hunterjax
Art Expert

Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:08 pm

rubberneck wrote:
michaelmillichamp wrote:
iambillyg wrote:

I'm new to flat file sales. What does PB mean? :(
Local stooge who will gladly waste their time for you in line for zero in return
lulz
mattkardish
Art Expert

Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:13 am

So the Jock Hot Fuzz, is that being released on 4/20/17, 10th anniversary of the film? And it's a Thursday...