Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
EgoDeath
Art Connoisseur

Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:50 pm

ccsmd598 wrote:The fact that the Edmiston print is going crazy on the aftermarket and the Gleason print can be had for cost says it all. The zomg mondotard hype is amazing in this community - all these “collectors” need Mondo to spoon-feed them the next new hot release. If the Gleason release was through Mondo it would be right up there with The Shark (or pretty close to it) on the aftermarket.
I agree for the most part about Mondo hype being dumb.

edit: Going to delete everything else though cuz it sounded too shady to BNG.
Last edited by EgoDeath on Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rubberneck
Art God

Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:59 pm

It's Halloween; everyone's entitled to one good flip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
whiskaz
Art Expert

Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:12 pm

Irishman12 wrote:Not to mention the fact The Shape print is now on eBay from anywhere from $1,500-$2,000!
So you're saying I should sell?

I don't think I want to let it go for any amount of money...but it is nice to know, should I ever get desperate, that people are insane.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:30 pm

whiskaz wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:Not to mention the fact The Shape print is now on eBay from anywhere from $1,500-$2,000!

I don't think I want to let it go for any amount of money...but it is nice to know, should I ever get desperate, that people are insane.
I'm wondering how much the regular The Shape is going to increase when he eventually releases the variant Laurie (which I assume will have the same lighting/coloring.) Because the reg Edmistion Shape has held pretty steady at a constant 350-500 tops range for a long time. The variant was already above $700 before the Laurie reveal.

The numbering is sort of baffling to me though . . . weren't there 325 of the Laurie this weekend with the variant Shape's lighting? Doesn't that mean that like 250 people are always going to be fudge out of luck in matching these up?

That seems like it's going to push the variant Shape price up even more. There can only ever be 70 matching sets with that coloring/lighting
Irishman12
Art Expert

Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:32 pm

EgoDeath wrote:
Irishman12 wrote::lol: I've thought about doing that, let the bubble burst. But I'm wondering if this'll be another The Shark by Kastel? The hype around that was huge and even though the price has come down, it's still holding it's own over $650.
All I'm saying is buying right now is a terrible idea.
toobs wrote:
Irishman12 wrote::lol: I've thought about doing that, let the bubble burst. But I'm wondering if this'll be another The Shark by Kastel? The hype around that was huge and even though the price has come down, it's still holding it's own over $650.
well the thing is the Shark equivalent would be the first Mike Myers version of this - this print will be in the 250-300 range once the other version get released, i agree sell while you can, dont buy
Thanks for the advice. I'll hold off buying one for now.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:34 pm

whiskaz wrote:

According to EB the last one (variant - sorry, should have mentioned that earlier) went for $1,299.99 on Friday.
rubberneck
Art God

Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:36 pm

hunterjax wrote:
whiskaz wrote:

I'm wondering how much the regular The Shape is going to increase when he eventually releases the variant Laurie (which I assume will have the same lighting/coloring.) Because the reg Edmistion Shape has held pretty steady at a constant 350-500 tops range for a long time. The variant was already above $700 before the Laurie reveal.

The numbering is sort of baffling to me though . . . weren't there 325 of the Laurie this weekend with the variant Shape's lighting? Doesn't that mean that like 250 people are always going to be fudge out of luck in matching these up?

That seems like it's going to push the variant Shape price up even more. There can only ever be 70 matching sets with that coloring/lighting
As much as we all talk sets or 'clever' pair ups, most times that's just another set of prints sitting in the flat file. It's a fun observation or idea than rarely gets executed as an actual frame up.

Many just sell their half to someone else and move on to the next shiny new thing.

mike123230
Art Expert

wait -- what was the meltdowns over the weekend?
jkw3000
EB Team

rubberneck wrote:
hunterjax wrote:
whiskaz wrote:

As much as we all talk sets or 'clever' pair ups, most times that's just another set of prints sitting in the flat file. It's a fun observation or idea than rarely gets executed as an actual frame up.

Many just sell their half to someone else and move on to the next shiny new thing.
You heard it here first, HALLOWEEN FOIL EDITION INCOMING
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:40 pm

rubberneck wrote:
hunterjax wrote:
whiskaz wrote:

^this for sure. It's why I'm not freaking out over getting a Laurie print. I have the Shape reg, but even that right now is in a flat file (I have the Gleason one sheet screen print up for the season) and would probably never hang the two together. I definitely think its a great idea and having them up together would look very cool . . . but limited wall space, serious business and all that.
rubberneck
Art God

Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:42 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
But wait, there's more!

Loomis variant in 2019. His POV from the stairwell of both Laurie and The Shape duking it out in the closet.

Get yer triptych VIP PB now!!!!

hunterjax
Art Expert

mike123230 wrote:wait -- what was the meltdowns over the weekend?
H40 Convention and the sale of basically everything Edmiston, but especially the Laurie Halloween print he debuted there. Lots of line disputes, attendees screaming at Jason for the way he handled it, PB drama over tips or lack of "appropriate" tips, and according to Cotis, apparently one person getting 12 copies (but you know, that's Cotis talking so who really knows what that's about :D :wink: )
EgoDeath
Art Connoisseur

mike123230 wrote:wait -- what was the meltdowns over the weekend?
Edmiston line at H40 was a shitshow. Worse than Kurtz/Taylor SDCC'18 and Mitchell SDCC'17.
whiskaz
Art Expert

Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:43 pm

rubberneck wrote: As much as we all talk sets or 'clever' pair ups, most times that's just another set of prints sitting in the flat file. It's a fun observation or idea than rarely gets executed as an actual frame up.

Yea. My shape is still not framed but nice frames are pricey. But one of these days...Hopefully before the paper breaks down.

I'm also sitting on a couple of matching number Delort Charlie brown foils (Halloween and Christmas), though I guess those don't make a very good set frame up haha
hunterjax
Art Expert

Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:44 pm

rubberneck wrote:
jkw3000 wrote:
But wait, there's more!

Loomis variant in 2019. His POV from the stairwell of both Laurie and The Shape duking it out in the closet.

Get yer triptych VIP PB now!!!!
Heard Jock has a Laurie looking out of the window in the works to go with Michael in the Sheets.