Art Expert

Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:40 am

finneganm wrote:VANILLA SKY
Followed by Chocolate Rain
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
allyouzombies
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:58 am

Nothing wrote:I dislike the Silence print immensely.

I love the movie and was so excited to see the print when I clicked the tweet. But it's like a poor recreation of a Japanese woodblock print. The bodies in the water seem especially out of place with the mixing of the scenes. The color choices do nothing for me. Sorry, just disappointed.
I like the print, but I do kind of agree with you about the bodies in the water. It makes it feel like a cheap horror movie or something.
ethnosax wrote:I like the Silence print a lot, and never thought there would be any print for it. My only wish is that it didn't have the "A Martin Scorcese Picture" line, because then it could be for the book or the movie.
Yeah, I never thought we'd see a print for it either. Seeing the tweet for this was similar to how I felt when I saw the tweet for Badlands a couple years ago.
ethnosax
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:11 pm

allyouzombies wrote:
Nothing wrote:I dislike the Silence print immensely.

I love the movie and was so excited to see the print when I clicked the tweet. But it's like a poor recreation of a Japanese woodblock print. The bodies in the water seem especially out of place with the mixing of the scenes. The color choices do nothing for me. Sorry, just disappointed.
I like the print, but I do kind of agree with you about the bodies in the water. It makes it feel like a cheap horror movie or something.
ethnosax wrote:I like the Silence print a lot, and never thought there would be any print for it. My only wish is that it didn't have the "A Martin Scorcese Picture" line, because then it could be for the book or the movie.
Yeah, I never thought we'd see a print for it either. Seeing the tweet for this was similar to how I felt when I saw the tweet for Badlands a couple years ago.
Well, that was easy. +1 :)

As for the bodies in the water, I think it thematically makes a lot of sense for the story. I look at it as either showing that the priests are so set on what they believe is their destined work that they're blind to real need all around them; or as a foreboding that their going to Japan is going to lead to further death. Similarly, Christ on the cross is both the reason for the conflict and death, and the answer to it that no one is even looking at. I like it when an artist does something more than just recreate a particular shot. I feel that this image says a lot about the story of Silence. Kudos to Mondo and Burton for taking a chance on something a little different. It doesn't happen often enough.
jkw3000
EB Team

Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:14 pm

Something something art is a gamble something something shrug emoji.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
allyouzombies
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:41 pm

ethnosax wrote: As for the bodies in the water, I think it thematically makes a lot of sense for the story. I look at it as either showing that the priests are so set on what they believe is their destined work that they're blind to real need all around them; or as a foreboding that their going to Japan is going to lead to further death. Similarly, Christ on the cross is both the reason for the conflict and death, and the answer to it that no one is even looking at. I like it when an artist does something more than just recreate a particular shot. I feel that this image says a lot about the story of Silence. Kudos to Mondo and Burton for taking a chance on something a little different. It doesn't happen often enough.
Excellent points. I think you may have just changed my mind.
Nothing
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:44 pm

ethnosax wrote:Well, that was easy. +1 :)

As for the bodies in the water, I think it thematically makes a lot of sense for the story. I look at it as either showing that the priests are so set on what they believe is their destined work that they're blind to real need all around them; or as a foreboding that their going to Japan is going to lead to further death. Similarly, Christ on the cross is both the reason for the conflict and death, and the answer to it that no one is even looking at. I like it when an artist does something more than just recreate a particular shot. I feel that this image says a lot about the story of Silence. Kudos to Mondo and Burton for taking a chance on something a little different. It doesn't happen often enough.

errr have you not seen the movie? There are bodies in the water because there are bodies in the water.
ethnosax
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:47 pm

Nothing wrote:
ethnosax wrote:Well, that was easy. +1 :)

errr have you not seen the movie? There are bodies in the water because there are bodies in the water.
No. :) I love the book so much, I haven't watched the movie yet, for fear that it'll be disappointing. But this poster works for me, just based on the novel.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:53 pm

35mmpaul wrote:
fallchild wrote:
allyouzombies wrote:Would be cool to see Burton continue doing posters for Scorsese films.

Would love to see a gangs of new York from him!
ugh. thissssss
agree
finneganm
Art Freak

Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:11 pm

theperfecttree wrote:looking forward to hopefully many more posters from Sara Wong. Vanilla Sky, please.
If Mondo (or anyone actually) ever got that license, Matt Taylor already has a killer print basically ready to go.

What do you think the license would cost? I’d throw in.
That's what she said
iambillyg
Art Freak

Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:24 pm

Keep the dream alive.
finneganm
Art Freak

Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:28 pm

Always
That's what she said
jkw3000
EB Team

Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:29 pm

35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:21 am

Duke really likes that movie.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:27 am

meh
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:59 am

mondonews wrote:We’re counting down to the launch of @PlayStation's #GodOfWar tonight! Beyond excited to release @bearmccreary's incredible soundtrack, which you can pre-order RIGHT NOW at mondotees.com

https://mondotees.com/products/god-of-w ... track-2xlp
So it goes...