Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
jkw3000
EB Team

Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:57 pm

35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
davethewave
Art Connoisseur

Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:00 pm

It's gettin' colloquial up in here.
fredo
Art God

Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:03 pm

Intellivision > colecovision.
just a foil for me today, thanks
cutterbutter
Art Expert

Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:04 am

Surprised at the lack of Titanic posts...
IWish
Art Expert

Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:45 am

There's only been...maybe...2-3 people on EB that has ever shown any interest in the Titanic. I knew about the Roadshow, but the timing made it impossible for me to attend. :heartbroken:
fredo
Art God

Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:40 am

IWish wrote:There's only been...maybe...2-3 people on EB that has ever shown any interest in the Titanic
It's just Titanic nobody gives a fudge about. We're all interested in The Titanic.

ps They shoulda had it at a Red Lobster.
just a foil for me today, thanks
IWish
Art Expert

Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:49 am

I'm, pretty sure, you knew what I meant.

I've never been to Red Lobster. Your recommendation comes as a surprise. Do you go, often?

Is it that difficult for you to allow me to post without your asshat remarks? What is it with you? I didn't bring up the subject of Titanic...just posted a response to cutter's post. Why do you feel compelled to direct your asshat-ness to me? We have rarely exchanged words/conversation...if you have a problem with me, send me a pm.

Titanic is my all time favorite movie. It's been an interest of mine for many years. Is it so hard for you to let me have this ONE THING? drymounting for real...it's bad enough knowing there's a poster for the event that isn't accessible. Give me a break, okay?
finneganm
Art Freak

Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:06 am

Try not taking it personally.
That's what she said
IWish
Art Expert

Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:13 am

Try not to take it personally? His post was directed at me. drymount...just let me have this one thing that is off limits to the asshat remarks. This is so upsetting, to me.

Bye.
finneganm
Art Freak

Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:04 am

Or maybe it wasn’t directed at you personally. Maybe it was a quip about Titanic. Which is a movie. You might like it. You might love it. You might watch it six times a day and live in filth and seclusion because it’s the only thing that gives your life meaning, and you can’t even remotely cope with the greater world at large because we *just* *don’t* *get* *it*.

But it’s still a movie. And people can have different opinion about movies. Especially in a thread about a company that makes posters for movies.

So, yeah, maybe don’t take it personally when Fredo, or I, or Kate drymounting Winslett comes in here and posts that they should have held the event at Red Lobster, or not done it all because drymount Titanic, or the poster should have been a glow in the dark picture of Jack’s rotting corpse being nibbled on by sea creatures, or a wildly inappropriate, sexually graphic poster by Rockin Jelly Bean of Jack just having his way with Rose and maybe throw in a thought bubble of Jack actually thinking about his French girls, because it *might* not be directed at you specifically.
That's what she said
letstalkprints
Art Connoisseur

Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:07 am

I think your ideas have given some life to a titanic print, your creative mind needs to lead some commissions :lol:
I'm your huckleberry. That's just my game.
finneganm
Art Freak

Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:09 am

I mean, I’d buy either one of those.

Hell, I’d go to Red Lobster to buy one.
That's what she said
IWish
Art Expert

Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:51 am

I did take it personally. I'm sure that I'm not the only one that watches their favorite movie numerous times. Your insinuation that this, somehow, makes me the kind of person that can't "cope with the real world" is absurd. I just ask for this ONE THING that isn't accompanied by wise-ass remarks.

I abhor restaurants such as Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Applebees, etc. Yes, I took this personally...taking it as an insult meaning that I would frequent such places.

I don't think like a man when it comes to the movie, 'Titanic', so I never consider that point of view...Jack's corpse eaten by sea creatures.

It's a love story (albeit a tragic love story). Is it so hard to let me have this one thing? This has really upset me...

I apologize, fredo, if I misinterpreting your post. Sometimes, I find it difficult to interpret your posts/meanings. I'll admit they often go over my head.
Last edited by IWish on Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
finneganm
Art Freak

Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:08 am

Let me emphasize a few points here:
1)I was not insinuating that you, the person who goes by IWish, actually watches the movie Titanic 6 times a day, lives in seclusion and filth because the movie Titanic is the only thing that gives your life meaning. It’s hyperbole, and it was a joke.
2)Red Lobster is gross
3)You can enjoy whatever movie you want.

But since, you didn’t direct, produce, act in, work on the set, write the screenplay, act as a fluffer for that car scene, edit the sound, or really have anything to do with the making of the movie Titanic, maybe don’t take it personally, if someone says the movie sucks.
That's what she said
IWish
Art Expert

Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:17 am

I understand, finn. Yes, I'm a bit touchy when it comes to this movie. I overreacted. I'm heartbroken because I wasn't able to attend the event.