Black Dragon Press

General art-related discussion.
bsharp
Art Expert

Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:24 pm

timmyummy wrote:
rubberneck wrote:My Jiro is stuck in transit still, despite being received into US on 14th sept. :hanging:
Mine is stuck in customs too. Been there for almost 2 weeks now. Submitted a USPS claim, and my local post office said there's nothing she can do, we just have to wait for it to emerge from the abyss.
FWIW I ordered through BDP a couple months ago and it was nearly a month from ship date to delivery date. I was super close to opening a case with USPS but in the end all it took was some patience. Prints arrived in great shape too!
timmyummy
Art Enthusiast

Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:13 pm

bsharp wrote:
timmyummy wrote:
rubberneck wrote:My Jiro is stuck in transit still, despite being received into US on 14th sept. :hanging:
Mine is stuck in customs too. Been there for almost 2 weeks now. Submitted a USPS claim, and my local post office said there's nothing she can do, we just have to wait for it to emerge from the abyss.
FWIW I ordered through BDP a couple months ago and it was nearly a month from ship date to delivery date. I was super close to opening a case with USPS but in the end all it took was some patience. Prints arrived in great shape too!
Thanks for the info.
rubberneck
Art God

Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:58 pm

Arrived last night. Nice piece.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:05 pm

Don't know if I missed it but did anyone get lucky and receive the orignal piece that was included with one of the SABURO by Joao Ruas? Received my print the other day, its a beaut.
aldobishalini
Art Expert

Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:32 pm

chevyav53 wrote:Don't know if I missed it but did anyone get lucky and receive the orignal piece that was included with one of the SABURO by Joao Ruas? Received my print the other day, its a beaut.
My print is still in New York at the moment. Totally forgot about the original drawing... got me even more excited for receiving it.
BISHALINI.com (My Collection) Image

“Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning.”
xenmate
Art Expert

Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:16 pm

aldobishalini wrote:
chevyav53 wrote:Don't know if I missed it but did anyone get lucky and receive the orignal piece that was included with one of the SABURO by Joao Ruas? Received my print the other day, its a beaut.
My print is still in New York at the moment. Totally forgot about the original drawing... got me even more excited for receiving it.
Check tracking on USPS website. Royal Mail's tracking stops at customs.
aldobishalini
Art Expert

Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:44 pm

xenmate wrote:
aldobishalini wrote:
Check tracking on USPS website. Royal Mail's tracking stops at customs.
USPS still says in NY October 7. Hasn’t moved. I am guessing it should arrive by the end of the week.

“Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning.”
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:59 pm

Nice, good luck, hoping someone scores here to get a better look at it.
mliddell
Art Expert

Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:33 pm

Thanks for the reminder forgot about it.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:10 pm

_jseamans wrote:I'm having a ton of fun working on this seasonally appropriate movie poster for the wonderful @blackdragonpress, to be released at Mondocon, where BDP will have a booth for the first time, which is very exciting to me as it means I will get to ogle all of their beautiful releases in person.
So it goes...
aldobishalini
Art Expert

Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:52 pm

mliddell wrote:

Thanks for the reminder forgot about it.
Just got my Saburo yesterday. The ink smell..... WOW! Huffing that still in my house haha no original piece though.

jkw3000
EB Team

Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:29 am

https://www.blackdragonpress.co.uk/blog ... dombrowski

'Evil Under The Sun' by Johnny Dombrowski
24" x 36" hand-pulled screen print
270gsm Mohawk Superfine Ultrawhite paper
Hand numbered. Gallery stamp on the reverse
Printed by White Duck Editions (UK)
Limited edition of 110
£45/$60

We’re delighted to release Johnny Dombrowski’s poster for the film adaptation of Agatha Chirstie’s 'Evil Under The Sun' produced in collaboration with StudioCanal. This is the third and final installment of the series after previous posters for 'Murder On The Orient Express' and 'Death On The Nile' (you can see those here) which StudioCanal enjoyed so much they’re releasing a Blu-ray Deluxe Collection of the movies with Johnny’s artwork on the covers, which is all sorts of cool.

As with the first two installments Johnny has peppered his latest poster with a series of clues that will aid Hercules Poirot solve the mysterious goings on in the film. And between now and the day the poster is released, as is tradition, you are invited to channel your inner Poirot and find all the hidden clues for your chance of a FREE poster.

'Evil Under The Sun' by Johnny Dombrowski will go on sale from our shop this coming Tuesday 24 October at 5pm UK time, whilst North American customers may purchase it from Mondo at a random time the same day.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:12 pm

So it goes...
jkw3000
EB Team

Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:10 am

We’re delighted to release a brand new print for ‘The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow’ by Peter Diamond into the world just in time for Halloween. The print comes in two versions, a UK Night Variant available from our shop on Monday 30 October at 5pm UK time and a US Sunset Variant available from MONDO Monday 30 October at a random time.

We're also excited to make available for purchase the rough pencil concept sketch and the stunning original ink drawing that formed the basis for the prints. A very rare opportunity to add a Peter Diamond original to your collection.
‘The Legend of Sleepy Hollow’ (UK Variant)
18" x 24" screen print
250gsm Biotop 3 paper
Printed by SP Productions
Limited edition of 60
£40

‘The Legend of Sleepy Hollow’ (US Variant)
18" x 24" screen print
250gsm Biotop 3 paper
Printed by SP Productions
Limited edition of 60
$55 / available from Mondo

‘The Legend of Sleepy Hollow’ (Ink Drawing)
56 x 75 cm
Ink & Graphite
175 gsm BFK Rives paper
Deckled edges
Signed by the artist
£750

‘The Legend of Sleepy Hollow’ (Pencil Sketch)
Size: A2
Graphite
190 gsm Hahnemühle Bristol paper
Signed by the artist
£250
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:19 am

The title treatment is excellent. Image is cool as well. Reminds me of Zach Johnsen.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH