ROAMCOUCH the stencil master

General art-related discussion.
kinqcuonq
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 08, 2014 12:25 pm

With the completion of his "When You Wish Upon a Star" trilogy and his first solo exhibition show coming to the states, I wanted to dedicate a thread to all things Roamcouch related. The man's breathtaking meticulous stencil work made me a fan and lead me to EB.

Updates for his upcoming show in NY.

acidburn
Art Daddy

Thu May 08, 2014 12:38 pm

kinqcuonq wrote:With the completion of his "When You Wish Upon a Star" trilogy and his first solo exhibition show coming to the states, I wanted to dedicate a thread to all things Roamcouch related. The man's breathtaking meticulous stencil work made me a fan and lead me to EB.

Updates for his upcoming show in NY.

The revolution print is 20 colors
bone811
Art Expert

Thu May 08, 2014 2:01 pm

The guy has skillz
lsmith55
Art Expert

Thu May 08, 2014 2:12 pm

Wow- I love that last one. Outstanding. His screen prints are way overpriced, but he is certainly talented.
kansasbbq
Art God

Thu May 08, 2014 2:22 pm

kinqcuonq wrote:Image
:drool:

These are great!
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
acidburn
Art Daddy

Thu May 08, 2014 2:28 pm

Bomber boy #1 will be a free print at the show.
bone811
Art Expert

Thu May 08, 2014 2:28 pm

lsmith55 wrote:Wow- I love that last one. Outstanding. His screen prints are way overpriced, but he is certainly talented.

I think they are fairly priced for the work he puts into them, plus not that big of an edition.
set0312
Art Enthusiast

Thu May 08, 2014 2:30 pm

Those look incredible. I would love to see the full piece of the ones with the animals. If only I could make it to NYC for the show...
acidburn
Art Daddy

Thu May 08, 2014 2:48 pm

bone811 wrote:
lsmith55 wrote:Wow- I love that last one. Outstanding. His screen prints are way overpriced, but he is certainly talented.

I think they are fairly priced for the work he puts into them, plus not that big of an edition.
the cost of making each of these prints is a lot. Its about 8x the normal print.
lsmith55
Art Expert

Thu May 08, 2014 2:58 pm

acidburn wrote:
bone811 wrote:
the cost of making each of these prints is a lot. Its about 8x the normal print.
If he was actually stenciling or even hand-finishing the screen prints (or giclees) he sells that would be one thing (and way too much work- and probably cost more), but for the sizing, all the numerous variant colorways he produces, I think he is overpriced. His Rainbow Inc. was the right price but all his prints since then have been too much. It's all relative though and understand if some people do want to pay that much becuase his work is really nice regardless.

I understand that with some of his screen prints he can claim they are 15 colors, but the reality is there are 5 or 6 teeny tiny stars that are the size of a dot. Each color is certainly unique, and i don't think every print needs to be saturated in colors, but his prices are excessive.

Talented nonetheless and that bomber boy is great- what will the cost/edition be on that?
acidburn
Art Daddy

Thu May 08, 2014 3:04 pm

lsmith55 wrote:
acidburn wrote:
bone811 wrote:
If he was actually stenciling or even hand-finishing the screen prints (or giclees) he sells that would be one thing (and way too much work- and probably cost more), but for the sizing, all the numerous variant colorways he produces, I think he is overpriced. His Rainbow Inc. was the right price but all his prints since then have been too much. It's all relative though and understand if some people do want to pay that much becuase his work is really nice regardless.

I understand that with some of his screen prints he can claim they are 15 colors, but the reality is there are 5 or 6 teeny tiny stars that are the size of a dot. Each color is certainly unique, and i don't think every print needs to be saturated in colors, but his prices are excessive.

Talented nonetheless and that bomber boy is great- what will the cost/edition be on that?

Each bomber will be$1,000 and just a canvas.

Not sure on the free print edition for the show.
PosterBOB
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 08, 2014 3:24 pm

The free prints are giclees. Where are you getting pricing info on the canvases?
kotopa4
Art Expert

Thu May 08, 2014 3:25 pm

PosterBOB wrote:The free prints are giclees. Where are you getting pricing info on the canvases?
Probably from the fact that he's curating the show? Just a thought :P
danieldanger wrote:dont get me wrong, i like the banksy street stuff, its clever and impressivly done, but this print racket is kinda ridiculous.
bkboy77
Art Expert

Thu May 08, 2014 3:29 pm

how come he is not sure about the show print edition size if he is curating? :P
fung430 wrote:Expressobeans knows everything.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Thu May 08, 2014 3:32 pm

bkboy77 wrote:how come he is not sure about the show print edition size if he is curating? :P
haha waiting to hear from him what he decides.

The free prints are giclees.
Yea like his Happy New Year and it will be around that size as well.