New Rene Gagnon

General art-related discussion.
Noah0189
Art Expert

Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:19 pm

fribhey wrote:
Noah0189 wrote:This guy's work looks very MBW-ish. Yet people don't dickride him. It's a shame he gets so little love cause he does have some interesting pieces. Art is hype.
It looks MBW-ish to you because MBW stole Rene's idea and produced a version of his own. Nothing looks MBW-ish because all of MBW's art was stolen from others.
Yeah. I know MBW is a ripoff artist. I wasn't insinuating that Rene had copied by any means. I just was pointing at the fickle and superficial nature of (some of) the art collecting community.
acidburn wrote:...Was one of those bootleg Spidermans that looked like a luchador and showed my excuse for a bulge.
fribhey
Art Expert

Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:20 pm

Noah0189 wrote:
fribhey wrote:
Noah0189 wrote:This guy's work looks very MBW-ish. Yet people don't dickride him. It's a shame he gets so little love cause he does have some interesting pieces. Art is hype.
It looks MBW-ish to you because MBW stole Rene's idea and produced a version of his own. Nothing looks MBW-ish because all of MBW's art was stolen from others.
Yeah. I know MBW is a ripoff artist. I wasn't insinuating that Rene had copied by any means. I just was pointing at the fickle and superficial nature of (some of) the art collecting community.
I think Rene, as an artist, gets a lot of respect (hell, my absolut hype print is about MBW stealing the image from Rene) but I also think his pieces are very hit or miss with most people which is why there's isn't much hype. Most, if not all, hype on EB is generated from the potential increase in value, the more potential aftermarket value, the more hype... and there isn't much of an aftermarket for his work. Unfortunately for me, most of his art are misses, which have nothing to do with value, but I always like the Campbell's Spray can image so I picked on up... plus I always wanted to hang one up next to the absolut hype.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:32 pm

Rene is the best. More talent in his pinky than MBW has in his whole family.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
fribhey
Art Expert

Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:25 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:Rene is the best. More talent in his pinky than MBW has in his whole family.
Goes without saying
soupysound
EB Team

Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:06 pm

URBAN FLOWERS - 2010
Available Canvases - $375 Each
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING
All orders ship July 11, 2016
Medium: Heavy mixed media on canvas handmade by Rene Gagnon.

Canvas: 20 inch high X 20 inch wide each on 10oz gallery wrapped canvas, gloss varnished and ready to hang. Signed and dated (2010) on right edge of canvas.

Only 9 canvases were produced for each image seen below. You are receiving one of those 9 with purchase, all canvases are numbered on reverse.

sixstringer
Art Expert

Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:56 pm

Disney in a Blender
$65 Each - Edition of 20
3 Color Handpulled Serigraph w/ 4 Hand Torn Edges - 20 X 28 Inches
All serigraphs are signed, dated, numbered, blind stamped and include a COA

http://www.renegagnonfineart.com/index.html

Nice one Rene! I couldn't resist! :pint:
renegagnon
Art Enthusiast

Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:21 am

Thanks much sixstringer, every single sale helps keep my machine going. Expect a ship notice this week. In regards to a post above about most of my art being misses...Without taking offense, I don't think you quite realize whats it's like to be a lifelong artist. The only person responsible for deciding whether something is a hit or a miss, is me. If I decided to put a concept, or painting out there deemed as finished it's a hit. Maybe you define a hit as a sellout or by resale value, and yeah maybe you just don't like the concept which makes it a miss for you. My point is if you knew what it truly meant to be a life long artist you'd understand why calling someone's art 'mostly a miss' is a pretty shallow statement that one artist would never say about another artist. In my book, if you put yourself out there and create art because you must, not want, must, then your a hit. And before someone yaps up about my past statements about stainwash as being shallow, all I can say is try to put yourself in my shoes as a lifelong artist and imagine how you would react. A friend told me to blame my reactions on growing up in the 90's. lol Happy New Year.
AttorneyGreg
Art Expert

Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:30 pm

Rene is good people. I support him. Keep churning and grinding.
timc
Art Expert

Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:23 am

AttorneyGreg wrote:Rene is good people. I support him. Keep churning and grinding.
Everything woke turns to fudge.
America First.
https://lowfshop.com/
soupysound
EB Team

Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:24 am

"a small amount of left over prints were recently found and are now being offered at a discounted rate"
Super Marilyn
$100 Each
Screenprint over Spray Paint
22 X 30 inches

https://renegagnonfineart.com/
thimble
Art Enthusiast

Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:50 pm

New 'Stop and Live' print came out a couple days ago.
I like it.
I love the smell of popped tubes in the morning.
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:33 pm

Bought my first Rene piece today. Surprised no one posted it here, I was not on the mailing list but lucky someone posted it elsewhere. Great price too sums up US sentiment.
soupysound
EB Team

Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:41 am

Mini Graffiti Soup - Serigraph
Edition of 20 Each Colorway - $45 Each | Special Edition Metallic Gold of 5 - $85 Each
4 Color Handpulled Serigraph - 8 inches wide X 10 inches high - 4 Hand torn deckled edges.
HenryGaleWasHere
Art Expert

Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:51 pm