Grey Matter Art Appreciation & Release Thread

General art-related discussion.
lordhelmet
Art Expert

Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:25 pm

rubberneck wrote:
lordhelmet wrote:
jjdungca wrote:I thought this was drymounting sweet! https://twitter.com/hasUnow/status/4488 ... 53/photo/1
GreyMatterArtLogo.JPG
Working with Ian was great. In my opinion, he nailed this logo pretty much the first time around. All we told him was our name, and he showed us this amazing logo. I think he did such a great job.

We liked it so much we printed up some shirts that we put up for sale on our site, and made some really cool stickers that we are going to add with purchase of a poster.

Speaking of shirts, I got one coming to you JJ :pint:
http://greymatterart.com/product/grey-m ... o-t-shirt/

But are they limited edition? 8)
We were thinking of making these limited. At the moment am I going to say no. But any artist designed shirts will definitely be limited.
PM'd you too.
jjdungca
Art Expert

Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:26 pm

Thanks Mike! I will wear it proudly! :D
ImageImageImage
slunkey
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:41 pm

Is the shop still under works? I was trying to add a shirt to the cart but kept getting this error: "Please choose product options…", after having selected "Large".

Error occurs on FireFox v27.0.1 and Safari v7.0

Works fine on Google Chrome though ;)
lordhelmet
Art Expert

Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:45 pm

slunkey wrote:Is the shop still under works? I was trying to add a shirt to the cart but kept getting this error: "Please choose product options…", after having selected "Large".

Error occurs on FireFox v27.0.1 and Safari v7.0

Works fine on Google Chrome though ;)
PM'd you
StarMountain
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:08 pm

Love the shirt guys, color and logo works so well. Thanks for the hook up!
lordhelmet
Art Expert

Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:49 pm

StarMountain wrote:Love the shirt guys, color and logo works so well. Thanks for the hook up!

Sure, glad to help. We really like the way they came out.
We will definitely have some artist designed shirts coming soon too.
StarMountain
Art Connoisseur

Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:07 am

You mention doing polling for artist and poster ideas. Could you go into detail how that is going to work?

Also, did I hear something about a possible subscription? How would that work out? I think you have alot of potential to be great!
FlapJack
Art Expert

Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:12 am

Healthy run size for the that poster ... will be interesting to see how that sells upon release.
Buckhammer
Art Expert

Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:50 am

FlapJack wrote:Healthy run size for the that poster ... will be interesting to see how that sells upon release.
I saw that too... Grindhouse Releasing is helping by promoting... saw they did it on FB and had a great response from what I saw. Plus it is always good to have a healthy stock when you first start up especially if you are going to do conventions and such, plus when new people begin to find your company they can buy something, see the quality and be happy with purchase and come back.

I heard rumors of a upcoming poster and artist, one I hope is true. But it aint my place to say.
RobJones wrote:Billy, how Everest was I last night?
slunkey
Art Connoisseur

Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:24 am

StarMountain wrote:You mention doing polling for artist and poster ideas. Could you go into detail how that is going to work?

Also, did I hear something about a possible subscription? How would that work out? I think you have alot of potential to be great!
Ohh I would love a subscription service as well!
lordhelmet
Art Expert

Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:01 pm

StarMountain wrote:You mention doing polling for artist and poster ideas. Could you go into detail how that is going to work?

Yes, we were entertaining the idea of some sort of polling system. We really want to hear collectors thoughts on what titles they would like to see, and who they'd like to see do it. There is a lot that would go into this, but if it works, great and if not...well it was a cool idea :D

Depending on artist preference and title availability, we would try and get a few of each and see who you would like to see tackle that specific property. If the artists are interested and it looks like it will work, we will move forward with the project.

Also, we have such a great lineup of stuff coming out this year that we were trying to make it easier on everyone and make a sub. It will save people money on each poster, and save on shipping cost too. There wouldn't be a huge amount of them available, but an alright amount to go around. We haven't really gone into all the details of it yet, so it's just a thought. We would love to hear people's thoughts on it though.
lordhelmet
Art Expert

Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:08 pm

Buckhammer wrote:
FlapJack wrote:Healthy run size for the that poster ... will be interesting to see how that sells upon release.
I saw that too... Grindhouse Releasing is helping by promoting... saw they did it on FB and had a great response from what I saw. Plus it is always good to have a healthy stock when you first start up especially if you are going to do conventions and such, plus when new people begin to find your company they can buy something, see the quality and be happy with purchase and come back.

I heard rumors of a upcoming poster and artist, one I hope is true. But it aint my place to say.
We are excited to see how it does. It may be a slightly large amount, but there are a lot of Grindhouse fans that are into it, and Randy did such a great job we wanted to have enough to go around.

As soon as we have them back from the printers, we will take some pics and show everyone how they will look in hand.
Buckhammer
Art Expert

Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:37 pm

So when should we hear some of that news regarding upcoming artists and properties you mentioned? 8)
lordhelmet
Art Expert

Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:21 pm

Buckhammer wrote:So when should we hear some of that news regarding upcoming artists and properties you mentioned? 8)
We are announcing a couple of projects the beginning of next week, possibly a little sooner.
Buckhammer
Art Expert

Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:28 pm

lordhelmet wrote:
Buckhammer wrote:So when should we hear some of that news regarding upcoming artists and properties you mentioned? 8)
We are announcing a couple of projects the beginning of next week, possibly a little sooner.
:clap: