The Official James R. Eads Illustration Thread

General art-related discussion.

Postby MooseThompson on Mon May 30, 2016 10:37 pm

soam24 wrote:
MooseThompson wrote:
soam24 wrote:The Gorge one was a private commission, and he is branching out with a series. Note the band alignment (dmb)

But what I don't get, is how one can write "gorge amphitheater" on a print without it being official?

The entire series is a private commission. That's why they are being sold through a different website. From what I understand they reached out specifically for the Gorge, but said from the beginning that if it went well they wanted to do more.

Only gorge was private.. everything else has been timed edition open to anyone.

I see what you're saying. But even Gorge wasn't treated like a real private commission. They let anyone join the group when it was announced and then posted sales links in the group. The two guys running the whole thing commissioned the series, I guess that's what I was trying to express.
MooseThompson
Art Connoisseur

Postby Clay2k on Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:01 pm

I finally found this one on his site: "Standing on the Moon"

20160706_205225_Smaller.jpg
20160706_205225_Smaller.jpg (227.65 KiB) Viewed 537 times

I picked up a few of these at a concert at Tanglewood this year.

Anyone even seen these around? I haven't at all! Seems with all his venue work someone would have picked up on this Tanglewood piece that is not "Venue series"

I like the piece, thoughts?
Clay2k

Postby Clay2k on Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:02 pm

I thought I aleady posted it in this thread, but I didn't see my post anywhere... maybe it wasn't approved? I am a newbie here.
Clay2k

Postby Nluther on Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:40 pm

Glad to see an official thread here. Following
Nluther
Art Enthusiast

Postby Nluther on Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:23 pm

Looking for Fowl 45's first edition or The Sun print if anyone is holding either. Got some Welker trades and the almighty cash. Hit me up Thanks
Nluther
Art Enthusiast

Postby FBDOCollector on Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:24 am

Searching high and low for Trip the Light Fantastic....prefer 2nd edition, but interested in both. Also love Memory Elixer, circa 2014. If anyone has one, I would love to make you a more than fair offer. Please message me. If you don't have one, and have a lead on someone that does, I appreciate that too. Many thanks, and hope to see more action in this thread.
FBDOCollector
Art Enthusiast

Postby letstalkprints on Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:08 pm

FYI Posters4People just dropped 5 Ead's dreamtracks / EP prints, 5 total, individual or as set. Different foils. +1 main edition set.
letstalkprints
Art Connoisseur

You're a troll. You're not making any contribution to the thread, you're a troll. We're guessing who trolls are. You know most users who only make jokes without trying to help are trolls? - Well I'm going home alright? EB's playing with its new guys.

Previous

Return to Art Discussion