The Official James R. Eads Illustration Thread

General art-related discussion.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:07 pm

timed edition, releasing at 5pm PST today.

http://gfyprints.bigcartel.com/

I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
danielpmcauliffe
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:44 pm

The King Caps print is nuts. 24x36 edition of 25, and 12x18 lil king caps edition of 50. I

Who's got a big one for me, or a Finding Alakazoo? Got Spusta and Eads to trade.
kjhb78
Art Enthusiast

Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:36 pm

halftonegraphics wrote:timed edition, releasing at 5pm PST today.

http://gfyprints.bigcartel.com/

These are sweet! Will go nice with the Gorge set. +1 of each :)
Cheers!
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:07 pm

"The Shrine" is up now
I'm not someone else.
opence
Art Expert

Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:34 pm

+1 reg. Grabbed an alpine at sunset and was able to snag a shrine reg. My first two Eads...Cant wait til they arrive!
Harry Dunn wrote:OK gang, you know the rules, no humping, no licking, no sniffing hineys.
opence
Art Expert

Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:40 pm

Anyone able to get an artprint foil? Sold out instantly on me.
Harry Dunn wrote:OK gang, you know the rules, no humping, no licking, no sniffing hineys.
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:18 am

those are a whole lot like AJs coventry sets, in concept atleast
MooseThompson
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:50 am

opence wrote:Anyone able to get an artprint foil? Sold out instantly on me.
Yeah, I grabbed one. They dropped about a minute early.
soam24
Art Freak

Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:17 am

stuckeyc wrote:those are a whole lot like AJs coventry sets, in concept atleast

Don't confuse the noobs .
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:26 am

opence wrote:Anyone able to get an artprint foil? Sold out instantly on me.
Yes, I picked up the foil art print. That's weird, I could have bought another after I bought mine. They were up for a good 5-8 minutes for me. I have never owned a foil print aside from DuBois FTW so that's why I grabbed that version. It is also my first fill size Eads screen print. I picked up the Mushroom set 1 and the Starry Night Cap a couple weeks ago but those were giclees, still good. I didn't notice the smilie faces on all the shrooms in the jpegs so that bummed me a little because I don't think they are needed, but I still like them.

:cheers:
I'm not someone else.
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:40 am

soam24 wrote:

It may be harder not to confuse them than it is to. I actually like Eads stuff for the most part but feel like these are kinda weak. Is it a series or something?
soam24
Art Freak

Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:04 am

stuckeyc wrote:
soam24 wrote:

It may be harder not to confuse them than it is to. I actually like Eads stuff for the most part but feel like these are kinda weak. Is it a series or something?

The Gorge one was a private commission, and he is branching out with a series. Note the band alignment (dmb)

But what I don't get, is how one can write "gorge amphitheater" on a print without it being official?
MooseThompson
Art Connoisseur

Sun May 29, 2016 10:41 pm

soam24 wrote: The Gorge one was a private commission, and he is branching out with a series. Note the band alignment (dmb)

But what I don't get, is how one can write "gorge amphitheater" on a print without it being official?
The entire series is a private commission. That's why they are being sold through a different website. From what I understand they reached out specifically for the Gorge, but said from the beginning that if it went well they wanted to do more.
soam24
Art Freak

Mon May 30, 2016 5:16 pm

MooseThompson wrote:
soam24 wrote: The Gorge one was a private commission, and he is branching out with a series. Note the band alignment (dmb)

The entire series is a private commission. That's why they are being sold through a different website. From what I understand they reached out specifically for the Gorge, but said from the beginning that if it went well they wanted to do more.

Only gorge was private.. everything else has been timed edition open to anyone.
danielpmcauliffe
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 30, 2016 10:27 pm

I'm falling in love with James' work. It's amazing. Big and Lil King Caps are amazing. I was lucky enough to get both(scored the little one on the drop, and got someone's slightly damaged one for $30). I love the big one, but I simply don't have enough wall space so I had to give it up. But the small one will definitely be making the wall. One of his best prints to date. Now who's got my Finding Alakazoo?

Also own Orpheus in Love along with a few others. How in the world is Orpheus not sold out? Definitely one of my favorites by him. Hoping as his fan base grows, he moves to screen printing. But giclees are fine with me when they look as crisp as his work.