Calling all Phlegm fans!!!

General art-related discussion.
brinkmann
Art Enthusiast

Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:04 am

canuck wrote:
IWish wrote:Not sayin' that painting murals is easy work, but what a great way to be able to travel the world, eh?
Eh!
I'm laffin'.
1000steps
Art Expert

Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:25 pm

piper27 wrote:Anyone ever use a go fund me to get an artist to paint a mural?
That's an interesting idea

Pay the artist to develop a concept, then use GoFundMe to commission the artist to do the larger public wall version. Hmm. Intriguing.
Welcome to the sleaze pit
IWish
Art Expert

Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:31 pm

brinkmann wrote:
canuck wrote:
IWish wrote:Not sayin' that painting murals is easy work, but what a great way to be able to travel the world, eh?
Eh!
I'm laffin'.
:lol:
CommodorePerry
Art Enthusiast

Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:35 pm

Let's say I want Phlegm to paint in my hometown and I have the capital, permissions and equipment to make it happen, how would I go about contacting him/proposing sites and the idea?
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:44 pm

my dream wall is this big blank building wall right outside my window.

he does have a wall few blocks down from my house which is pretty cool. its the giraffe image from his book from a few years back.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
jkw3000
EB Team

Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:46 pm

My dream is that he shows up at my pizza party just to chill and maybe play some skee-ball.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:47 pm

35mmpaul wrote:my dream wall is this big blank building wall right outside my window.

he does have a wall few blocks down from my house which is pretty cool. its the giraffe image from his book from a few years back.
want to say some people pooled together money to get him the lift for an extra day or two for that one. Thats when he did the wall by me. Think like 5 years ago?
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:51 pm

acidburn wrote:
35mmpaul wrote:my dream wall is this big blank building wall right outside my window.

want to say some people pooled together money to get him the lift for an extra day or two for that one. Thats when he did the wall by me. Think like 5 years ago?
Still up?
acidburn
Art Daddy

Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:59 pm

RottenAtom wrote:
acidburn wrote:

Still up?
By my house def. I want to say he’s one of the few artists I’ve followed over the years where I feel his work always stays up and no one wants to have another artist paint over.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:15 pm

acidburn wrote:
RottenAtom wrote:
acidburn wrote:

Still up?
By my house def. I want to say he’s one of the few artists I’ve followed over the years where I feel his work always stays up and no one wants to have another artist paint over.
Nice, that's awesome. Glad folks respect the work and appreciate it.
Mattmoo08
Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:26 am

CommodorePerry wrote:Let's say I want Phlegm to paint in my hometown and I have the capital, permissions and equipment to make it happen, how would I go about contacting him/proposing sites and the idea?
Email him through his site.
Send him a pic of the wall. Send him some proof you have you have permission. Show him you have funding to pay for his trip. Make sure his accommodation, paint and any access equipment is provided.
If he likes the wall and he thinks it’s in a good spot and more important he has the time then he will come.

I’m sure the local authority’s will want proof of the image he’s painting so once he has decide the image it will have to be submitted for approval.
Once approved, pay the man book his room/flight make sure his paint and lift is on site for the day he wants to start.

Not an easy processs but worth a shot.

Oh and make sure someone is with him to fetch him coffee all day lol.
(Black no sugar)
wottagunn
Art Expert

Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:31 am

Haha I was going to mention the coffee. He was smashing black coffees back when he was in Melbourne.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:41 am

So it goes...
piper27
Art Expert

Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:42 pm

phlegm_art wrote:The mini print series so far!
7cm by 3.5cm prints. Wood engravings, copper engravings, copper etchings and mini ink drawings. My plan is to make a high quality hard cover book of the entire mini collection when it's done. When I release that I'll also be selling the original prints...but I'll think more about that nearer the time. Anyone interested in hearing more just add yourself to my newsletter (It's at the bottom of my shop page linked in my profile) Thanks for the interest in these, it's really motivating to have the interest. #phlegm #miniprint #printmaker #copperengraving #woodengraving #phlegmart
Codeblue wrote:Try vigorously rubbing yer peen on it several times.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:45 pm

:drool: :drool: :drool:
So it goes...